logo
Old 07-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,466 Posts
I also want to add that if you're not 3D flying and you set up your low rates to fly Precision. Your elevator throw will be about 8 degrees up and down. This depends on where your CG is set. The further forward you set it the elevator throw will increase. Do not use this info in setting CG. Set CG first and then set low elevator to where the plane wont roll out on a loop at full throw on the low setting. The plane will still be very controllable at low speed. I hope this helps.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by Farmflyer01
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseres View Post
I also want to add that if you're not 3D flying and you set up your low rates to fly Precision. Your elevator throw will be about 8 degrees up and down. This depends on where your CG is set. The further forward you set it the elevator throw will increase. Do not use this info in setting CG. Set CG first and then set low elevator to where the plane wont roll out on a loop at full throw on the low setting. The plane will still be very controllable at low speed. I hope this helps.
Yes i think it will help a lot. It looks like that 5.25 that im currently cgd at is very close to the center of the wing tube so im going to move everything up to achieve 1/2 in front of tube and i bet my problems will get much less. Thanks again!
Farmflyer01 is offline Find More Posts by Farmflyer01
Old 04-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by angelob
United States, WI, Stoughton
Joined Mar 2009
133 Posts
I just received my new Edge on Friday and started putting it together over the weekend. Quick question - can someone measure the length of the carbon stab tube? It appears mine might be a 1/2" or so too long, as the stabs won't seat to the fuse. I would like to compare before I start cutting.

Thanks,
Angelo

Tube appears to be just over 15 3/4" long.
angelob is offline Find More Posts by angelob
Last edited by angelob; 04-08-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply