logo
Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by craig77
UK
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
Dude the weight isnt an issue! the plane still carries the mintor with great performance. you could give the MVVS175 a try? Its an amazing engine. I enjoy flying stuarts plane with the Mintor, its soooooo smooth. either one is a great choice.
craig77 is offline Find More Posts by craig77
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Alf,
I know what engine you need.......you wont get a better deal
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Ok I just ordered the 41% Krill in the "PP Air Show" Scheme:
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/krm-e330-41-ppa.html

I asked Cheif if they could have it shipped to the terminal instead of my place so I can go and inspect it, My previous dealings with shipping from Chief has lead to a lot of issue (see page 31 of the 35% Krill)

Let see what happens
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 07-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Pistolera
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
4,242 Posts
That's a nice looking scheme
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
Glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Just started building my 41%er. Planning on using a ZDZ 160-J Super for power. Initially thought I would keep it simple and just use the standard mufflers but am now considering using pipes. Any advice on whether one should use the RE3 setup or the KS 1090s. In either case what is the header drop required for this airframe ? Thx
Billa is offline Find More Posts by Billa
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Nice scheme billa,

Hope things are ok for you in PK. I plan on using either pro flow canisters or proflow pipes.

Debating on engines:

GP 176 EVO
MVVS 175
DLE 170

Would have considered a zdz180, despite the power that engine a damn headache.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
Thanks Alkaline. All good here - the show must go on and so it does. Have heard the MVVS is a monster but no first hand experience. Have seen a few DLE 170s running on the field and they seem to have gobs of power. My friend, who ordered the same machine with me, has got himself a DA170 with RE3s. Have you used pro flow pipes before and how do they stack against the others ?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
iam just against pipes with this model as all the wiring will have to be run above the tray.Its such a light plane for its size that pipes are not really needed.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
Well that's good to know Craig. That wiring issue was a point of concern. I don't need cans as we fly pretty far out of town and there are no noise restrictions yet so standard mufflers should do nicely, as they did on my Pilot Yak. Is the built-in right thrust good to go or does it need to be tweaked a little further to the right. The prop options on hand for me are Beila 32x10, 32x12 and 29 x 12 3-blade. The best prop for me on the Yak was the 32 x 10 and I did increase the right thrust a tad.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:50 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
yeah add just a little more right thrust. Ive had good results with Mejzlik 30x13EvoL and 31x12EvoL props. a 32x10 will make your ears bleed and I dont like beila props, they are way too dragy
Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
Following in your footsteps Craig, I also ordered all my accessories from Secraft and needless to say, the quality is par excellence. The only point of concern has to do with the fuel tank fittings. Are yours holding up well ? It is a very snug fit between the pipe and the cap fitting but how will a drop of CA hold up against Gas or Smoke fluid ? I can't bring myself to trust that somehow - I wish they had used some O-rings etc.

BTW, the Secraft transmitter tray is a hit, even with someone like me, who flies with thumbs and have never used a neck strap in more than twenty years of flying.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
Hey buddy! thats awesome!! the secraft stuff is amazing and just Has to be ordered when fitting out a Krill plane. Try the new smoke pump too, it great!! Ive fitted those bottle tops to over 5 krills now with not one issue, as you say a dab of thin ca seals it well. Just remember to check their fuel filter before fitting. Had a few that came apart. Also its very important to fit barbs on the ends of ALL brass tubing and wire lock the lot. another handy tip for the smoke system. Ive tried various fuel piping from the "T" piece to the two smoke injectors and found that simple glow silicone tubing works the best. Just check it regularly as the tubing can get affected by the oil.

Iam stoked that youre more than happy with our product and Iam sure that Sang from secraft will be happy too that youve decided to use his equipment. NOW just get that MVVS175!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by alflovvold
Joined Jan 2010
285 Posts
So, a while since I read through this thread but has someone posted a complete list of all required Seecraft bling with the right dimensions/sizes etc..?

Really looking forward to this airframe!

Ivo seemes like a nice guy, really quick to respond.. :-)
alflovvold is offline Find More Posts by alflovvold
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
Lol Craig - if the ZDZ gives me trouble, I'll be sure to look into the MVVS. BTW, I've been trying to figure the thrust offset. Using your figures as a template and double checking from a snapshot of the top view imported into autocad, the current offset built into the firewall is only 2 deg and the 7mm displacement from center confirms that. I would have thought at least 3 deg if not 3.5 deg would be required for this plane. 11mm displacement from centerline and a shim of 0.9 mm gives 3 deg of right thrust. What do you suggest as this will be a one time measure because I am planning to bolt the engine directly to the firewall ?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by Billa
Pakistan
Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts
For 3.5 deg offset, the displacement from centerline is 12.8 mm and shim required is 1.38 mm. I am thinking of doing something in between by mounting at 12 mm offset and shimming (drawing reads 1.15 mm) to get the correct alignment with the spinner ring. This will give the opportunity to adjust either way without a noticeable shift from the spinner ring. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Quick Reply