logo
Old 05-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Joined Mar 2010
3,915 Posts
Discussion
Why I Personally Have No Interest in Clone Receivers.

below is verbatim by the folks who bring you the Lemon receivers.

"Lemon Rx engineers had been spending months in optimizing stabilization control stratergy along with many flight tests by experienced pilots all over the world to come up an excpetionally reliable and easy to use stabilizer (namely stabilizer PLUS). The otpmized control stratergy allow the stabilizer to work just about any planes with almost no complex tuning and minmal setup required that just take a few seconds to complete."
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2019, 12:58 AM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
Sorry What is Lemon Rx cloning?
The Hodge is online now Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 05-25-2019, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,342 Posts
My guess is the spelling and grammar is the challenge? It seems Lemon Rx made an attempt there, but a rather poor one. Amazingly it is better than some though.

If spelling is an issue, then I would have to throw away most everything I have and quit using it. Yes, some companies do have quality checks on spelling and grammar, but sadly a small few are concerned.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 05-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
7,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
below is verbatim by the folks who bring you the Lemon receivers.

"Lemon Rx engineers had been spending months in optimizing stabilization control stratergy along with many flight tests by experienced pilots all over the world to come up an excpetionally reliable and easy to use stabilizer (namely stabilizer PLUS). The otpmized control stratergy allow the stabilizer to work just about any planes with almost no complex tuning and minmal setup required that just take a few seconds to complete."
I donít understand why these companies donít hire a native English speaker to edit their ad copy and instructions.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 05-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,668 Posts
You don't pay someone to do what you can do yourself.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 05-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchnia View Post
My guess is the spelling and grammar is the challenge? It seems Lemon Rx made an attempt there, but a rather poor one. Amazingly it is better than some though.

If spelling is an issue, then I would have to throw away most everything I have and quit using it. Yes, some companies do have quality checks on spelling and grammar, but sadly a small few are concerned.
I Agree, Its rare to not find something without a grammatical error.

So the OP is saying he wont buy Items that have spelling / grammar errors? Me Confused lol

100% with you Luchnia Look at half the Arf / Engine manuals there all pretty ordinary but usually the models / Products are amazing
Just because there has been a conversion to English and or some unintended grammar errors should not dictate if a product is good/bad or weather you buy a product or not.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:20 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
I donít understand why these companies donít hire a native English speaker to edit their ad copy and instructions.
This Maybe a good idea
Old 05-25-2019, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,056 Posts
"grammatical" ..........Niiiiiiiice
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,915 Posts
Hodge...there’s a certain irony in your response.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
grammatical adjective
gram∑​mat∑​i∑​cal | \ grə-ˈma-ti-kəl \
Definition of grammatical
1 : of or relating to grammar
2 : conforming to the rules of grammar
a grammatical sentence

Its a real word, I was surprised too lol
Old 05-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooman View Post
"grammatical" ..........Niiiiiiiice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
Hodge...thereís a certain irony in your response.
Hehe, You like it
Old 05-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,027 Posts
First of all, I am not the grammar police. I am not anyone's English teacher. My grammar and syntax is frequently imperfect. I also type errors like everyone else. However, this thread is apparently about native English speakers making fun of those who are not and who have made poor translations in their eyes. The irony is that those who are picking on the non-native English speakers are not wonderful writers themselves. I am not picking on you, Hodge, but here's the irony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
This Maybe a good idea
The sentence should read "This may be a good idea."

Quote:
I Agree, Its rare to not find something without a grammatical error.
Double negative is employed here. Either omit "not" or "without". As written, it implies it is rare to find something with a grammatical error.

Quote:
So the OP is saying he wont buy Items that have spelling / grammar errors? Me Confused lol
So, the OP is saying that he won't buy items that have spelling/grammar errors? (I'm not going to touch "Me Confused")

Quote:
100% with you Luchnia Look at half the Arf / Engine manuals there all pretty ordinary but usually the models / Products are amazing
Among other items, a common misuse of the word there (location) vs their (possession), vs they're (they are), corrected below:
I'm 100% with you, Luchnia. Look at half of the ARF/engine manuals. They're all pretty ordinary but usually the models/products are amazing.

Quote:
Just because there has been a conversion to English and or some unintended grammar errors should not dictate if a product is good/bad or weather you buy a product or not.
Just because there has been a conversion to English and/or some unintended grammar errors should not dictate if a product is good or bad, nor whether you should buy a product.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Last edited by RCAddiction; 05-25-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,342 Posts
It is not just RC by any means. I bought an extra MP3 player off Amazon the other day and by far I think it had the worst manual I have seen in a long time. I have had some experience with bad manuals, so I made it through fine, but I can imagine someone struggling with it.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 05-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
First of all, I am not the grammar police. I am not anyone's English teacher. My grammar and syntax is frequently imperfect. I also type errors like everyone else. However, this thread is apparently about native English speakers making fun of those who are not and who have made poor translations in their eyes. The irony is that those who are picking on the non-native English speakers are not wonderful writers themselves. I am not picking on you, Hodge, but here's the irony:

The sentence should read "This may be a good idea."

Double negative is employed here. Either omit "not" or "without". As written, it implies it is rare to find something with a grammatical error.

So, the OP is saying that he won't buy items that have spelling/grammar errors? (I'm not going to touch "Me Confused")

Among other items, a common misuse of the word there (location) vs their (possession), vs they're (they are), corrected below:
I'm 100% with you, Luchnia. Look at half of the ARF/engine manuals. They're all pretty ordinary but usually the models/products are amazing.

Just because there has been a conversion to English and/or some unintended grammar errors should not dictate if a product is good or bad, nor whether you should buy a product.
Lol Thank you, Yes grammar was not really my strong point, But i thought i did well, Ohh well B+ grading For me

You must be a teacher of sorts....Or have a degree in something
Old 05-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,915 Posts
RC..,as a teacher in a high Hispanic population demographic I am very sensitive to the challenges faced by ESL learners. That is not what this thread is about. This thread is a poke at a company that has copied the intellectual property of another and as part of their literature has made a laughable attempt at hype. Spellcheck and even grammar suggestion software are ubiquitous and cheap (or free) so in this day and age there’s no good reason for a litany of easily correctable mistakes.

Quick Reply