Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by FAVO
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts
Discussion
Parkton, MD Flying and Judging School THIS SATURDAY

Hello All,

Everything is ready for this Saturday's Flying and Judging School in Parkton,MD. It looks like we have a good turnout and I want to thank everyone ahead of time for coming to this important event. Your flying and judging will both greatly improve from attending. If you have not signed up yet, please join us - it's never too late.

Ty Lyman has volunteered to come up for the day to instruct and has just come back from the National IMAC Judging Instructors School with the lastest and greatest. He is an exceptional instructor and pilot and will make this school something you will not want to miss.

I encourage you, if you get a chance, to do a bit of reading through the rulebook ahead of time. We will be cramming 2 days of knowledge into 1 day. We will be getting started at 9AM sharp and coffee and donuts will be ready.

DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:

From Baltimore, MD and areas to the South:

Take I-695 to the Towson area. Take Exit 24 onto I-83 North and
follow to Exit 33. At the end of the ramp, go STRAIGHT ACROSS
Route 45 (York Road) onto Stablers Church Road. Follow for
about ¼ mile to the first stop sign. STOP. Watch out for
oncoming traffic from the right! Go straight into the Baltimore
County Facility where RCMB Kirk Field is located at the end of
the paved road. Turn left and go to the top parking area.

From York, PA and areas North:

Take I-83 South to MD Exit 33. At the end of the ramp turn left
onto Route 45 (York Road) South, cross over I-83, and take the
first LEFT turn onto Stablers Church Road. Follow the above
directions to the field once on Stablers Church Road.

Please email me with any questions that you have,
NERD@mini-iac.com
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts
Here are the GPS Coordinates for the field

Weather is looking a little iffy
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by FAVO
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts
We had a great Flying and Judging School with 20 people attending this weekend. I would like to thank everyone for attending and helping to continue to improve judging in the region. I think that we will have alot of very qualified new judges on the flight lines this year with two very sucessful Judging Schools.

I know that it is alot to take in, but you will see that it's enough to get you up there in the chair and your judgig skills with grow with expierience and time. And of course, it is not a one time thing. I really encourage everyone to attend a Judging School every year as you will pick up on more detail each time as the basics of judging become second nature to you.

I hope that everyone had a good time. I know for me it was really great to see alot of friends again and I'm totally excited to get flying at CAPI.

Although we focused on the judge's point of view, I hope that you will find your scores getting better by knowing the judging criteria inside and out. It really does make a difference.

Thank you to the Radio Control Modelers of Baltimore, Steve and Iyone Stanton, Ty Lyman, Neil Westdorp and all that attended for helping to make this happen.

Happy flying and I'll see you on the flight line!
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO

Quick Reply