logo
Old 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
United States, FL, Center Hill
Joined Jul 2014
1,575 Posts
Got a little bit of a late start today, had to go pick up some supplies first. All the ironing has been done not that it needed any but better to err on the side of right. Then I bolted up the main leg's, up next was the tailwheel assembly and it is done. I really wanted to get the engine mount out of the way so the next step was install the cowl, please, slide the bottom into it's slots and install the two hidden top bolts. Now for the engine, but first to turn a pencil to the engine bolt size of 1/4". Well, first I had to take the tailwheel assembly back off. Now I'm ready, stand the fuse on end and secured it to the table (pic 1). Then I measured cut and drilled the standoffs (#2). Then centered the standoff's to the engine mount holes and ca'd them to the plate-#3. Now to set the engine on the fuse (#4), then install the cowl (#5) and I mean do install completely. Place the spinner backplate and move the engine around until the backplate in centered with the cowl (#5). Remove spinner and cowl very gently, I hold the engine down by the prop bolt, so as not to move the engine. Still holding down on the engine I take that turned pencil and slide it into the bolts passages to make a center mark (#6). Remove the engine and drill the bolt holes at the pencil dots. More to come.....
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
1,575 Posts
Got a few thing's done since yesterday, rudder is on, cabane is on, wings have servos and control arms on, ele servos in with control arms. Wiring will be done last thing so as to orient batteries and Rx for balance.
Last edited by acerc; 01-13-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
1,575 Posts
First time around on the covering I was at Ultracote's attach to wood temp of 200-220, I turned it up to 240 and it is adhering real well.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
1,575 Posts
Engine is on, can tunnel has vents now, can mounts epoxied in and curing.
Last edited by acerc; 01-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
1,575 Posts
And today the opening in the top of the can tunnel got covered, the front section is bolted down instead of epoxied in case it needs to be opened someday. Bolted the engine up minus one nut as I dropped it and can't find it, once the servos are in I can finish/reinstall the exhaust.

Quick Reply