logo
Old 12-15-2019, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Can't wait to see some videos, But I really want to see Gas ones flying.. I just don't wanna go big electric.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
5,015 Posts
Any reports of these flying with 20 - 30 gas power? Weights and general performance?
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 12-26-2019, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
Any reports of these flying with 20 - 30 gas power? Weights and general performance?
They said on RCG the 20cc wasnt what most would want, but i bet a 30cc would fly it great, Hell i know it would even a Worn out DLE 30 cause i had one on my Aeroworks brick 14.5 pounds. this plane suppose to be 10.5 pounds.. I cant wait to see some videos
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old 12-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
They Call Him Dead
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jun 2007
830 Posts
Color variation will definitely occur depending on the light. Does your garage have Fluorescent lights?

The stuff is different materials. So it is going to change the color in different ways depending on the light. That's why so many famous artists are famous....They REALLY UNDERSTAND how to manipulate color.
deadrobmusic is online now Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
Old 12-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
5,015 Posts
I think that overall the ARF companies do a pretty good job of matching cowl to covering colors. It probably depends a bit on how the paint gets mixed on a particular day and of course, Ultracote isn't 100% consistent from one batch to the next. Ultracote is also a bit transparent so it depends on what is under it for a base for its final appearance. Darker wood would result in a darker final color. As mentioned by deadrob, appearance can vary depending on the light source. I have one plane where the cowl looks way off under certain artificial light yet it looks dead on outside. Of course, there are times when the color is way off and that will happen too. Then we can complain to the vendor.

Anyone who has ever had to mix paint knows how difficult it can be. Even computer matching isn't always 100% and needs fine tuning by a seasoned eye.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 12-30-2019, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
They said on RCG the 20cc wasnt what most would want, but i bet a 30cc would fly it great, Hell i know it would even a Worn out DLE 30 cause i had one on my Aeroworks brick 14.5 pounds. this plane suppose to be 10.5 pounds.. I cant wait to see some videos
You might consider an OS22???
jwilliams is online now Find More Posts by jwilliams

Quick Reply