Old 02-06-2020, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by Mikes68charger
United States, IL, Rock Island
Joined Sep 2013
63 Posts
Discussion
60cc Hanger 9 D7 vs 1/3 Balsa USA D7

60cc Hanger 9 D7 VS 1/3 Balsa USA D7

SO I was thinking of picking up the Hanger 9 D7 this month to have a easy to fly fun plane to fly for the first few months of spring, as our run way in Columbus OH is very soft until summer to handle my Jets. 

For the first time my wife wants to throw in $500 for Valentines, (crazy right), but after we were talking, one of my buddies has a really nice Complete 1/3 Balsa USA D7 with DLE 85 all new servos and futaba gear for $2200. 

After looking at the Hanger 9 at $850 + $800 for motor (was thinking ZDZ 97 or DLE 85 for scale prop size) so $1600 before servos, receiver, battery's etc, not to far in price from each other.

I love how well the Hanger 9 D7 seems to fly, very scale and can 3D some for a WW1 bird, but I don't know how the Balsa USA D7 flys in comparison. 

The Hanger 9 D7 is 87 in wing vs Balsa USA at 118 in wing. 

Has anyone flown both? 

If money was not a concern which would you buy?

Do you think the BALSA USA D7 can be flown a little unscale like the Hanger 9?

I never had a BALSA USA kit, I was going to buy 2 different BALSA USA 1/3 Pups, but didn't and they both ended up dead (broke flying wire in air, and bad receiver issues), this is why I like the D7 no flying wires, it already takes me for ever to put together my 1/2 scale Christian Eagle.

Thanks
Mikes68charger is offline Find More Posts by Mikes68charger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-06-2020, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,391 Posts
The 1/3 scale is a monster of an airplane. I’d definitly go for that one. Flys great and very aerobatic, but not a 3d plane.
JeeUm is online now Find More Posts by JeeUm
Old 02-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,270 Posts
The new 1/4 Scale H9 DVll is a very unique piece of work. If you go through the build thread here on FG's, you can see all of the different things that have been done with this plane.
There are several advantages offered by the H9 DVll. First, you can buy spare parts for it. It's easier to transport because it will easily fit in a van or a vehicle like a Tahoe, etc.
It goes together very easy and fast in the field and although I have not flown mine yet, I think it's a great flier from what I'm seeing on the build thread.
If you have any interest in an Electric set up, this is also a great plane for electrics. It will easily carry good size batteries for 10 minute flights. I have a an Axi motor in mine that will swing a 26/12 Schimitar scale prop..
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve

Quick Reply