logo

Toledo R/C Swap Meet, Auction and Fun Fly 2021

This well-known, two-day experience will take place on April 9 and April 10 at the Seagate Convention Centre, located in Toledo, Ohio.

Splash

An RC Right of Passage...the Swap Must Go On

AFTER 65 YEARS one of the countries largest R/C Swap Meets and Auctions...MOVES TO THE MAIN FLOOR!

2021 brings us a new beginning for a decades old event, the R/C Swap Meet and Auction in downtown Toledo. After the disappointing announcement was made that the Toledo R/C Expo was coming to an end, a small group of R/C enthusiasts (and swappers) weren’t quite ready to see their early April swap meet shenanigans cease to exist. Through their growing partnerships with the Seagate Convention Centre, the Valley City Radio-Controlled Club, and Hank’s Hobby Hangar (Valley City, OH), the swappin’ fun will continue! “This is awesome news! It was always kind of a Spring passage...it's time for the flying season and Toledo!” stated Scot Layton, of Grand Ledge, Michigan in a current digital forum thread on R/C Groups.

COVID Guidelines

First and foremost, the Toledo R/C Swap Meet/Auction and the Seagate Convention Center will follow all local and state-mandated COVID-19 guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of all those who attend. Recommendations of all health agencies involved will be strictly monitored and enforced. This venue has over 65,000 sq. ft. to help ensure social-distancing.

• This AMA-sanctioned swap meet will take place on Friday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) and Saturday, (9:00 AM to 2:00 PM).
  • The auction will start promptly at the conclusion of the swap meet on Saturday, and continue until all items are sold.
  • One-day admission is $10.00 for adults and women and children (under 12 years of age) are FREE!
  • There will be 50/50 and R/C related merchandise raffles as well as vendor giveaways on both Friday and Saturday.
  • Concessions will be offered by the Seagate Convention Centre, and there is an ATM located on site.
  • Vendors will receive 1 (ONE) FREE ADULT ADMISSION, 5 (FIVE) FREE R/C RAFFLE TICKETS, and 5 (FIVE) GIVEAWAY TICKETS with every table purchased!

FunFly

What’s better than friendship, flying and fun? On Friday evening (starting at 7:00 PM), there will also be an AMA-sanctioned Indoor Fun Fly at the Seagate Convention Center. This event will follow all AMA guidelines in regards to indoor flying events, and like the swap meet/auction, all local and state-mandated COVID-19 guidelines and procedures will be strictly monitored and enforced.

Raffles

This event will also feature 50/50 and R/C-related merchandise raffles as well as vendor giveaways. What a great way for the vendors, swappers, and other AMA members to start their weekend! There will be a $10 Landing Fee collected for all pilots. Table reservations have already begun and are coming in fast and furious! Vendor-selected placement will be made on a first come first serve basis. 8’ tables are being offered at $25.00 each/per day, payable with submission of the registration form. All vendors will be able to set up on Thursday, April 8 (11:00 AM - 5:00 PM) or Friday/Saturday (starting at 6:30 AM).

Info

Registration forms as well as additional vender information are available at the Toledo R/C Swap Meet and Auction website.

Please contact Henry Rauhaus, Event Manager, with any questions at 330.419.2029 or uglydog1313@gmail.com.

Last edited by Jim T.; 01-27-2021 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-27-2021, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by bighank13
United States, OH, Valley City
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
I Am So Excited...

We were all saddened to hear that the Toledo Weak Signals Expo came to end in 2020. No matter the cause...its run of over 60 years was pretty darn cool! Like many modelers and hobbyists alike, I remember attending the show back in the '80s, when it was held in the old Sports Arena. The main floor was fantastic...but my love of the swap meet was instant and undeniable! Heck...the one year my Dad decided that he wanted to liquidate some of his hobby store inventory, so we took our RV and headed to the Toledo Sports Arena. We stood in line for what seemed like days, and finally managed to score just two stinkin' tables. Once inside...we were a** to elbows in buyers and sellers...all things R/C...and I was in heaven! WHAT A RUSH! There is no feeling quite trading at an R/C swap meet

Over the last fifteen years, I looked forwad to heading to the Toledo SeaGate Center with truck and trailer in tow (and eventually multiple 26' moving trucks) sometime late Wednesday night/Thursday morning during that first week in April. We needed to get there early so that we could hold our place in line...eventually securing the tables we wanted to set our swap meet items on. Man...nothing like that feeling! We loved hanging out with our Toledo R/C swap meet friends one weekend a year. It was like a gathering...an R/C FAMILY REUNION!

I am so excited to be part of the group that is responsible for bringing a good 'ole R/C swap meet back to the SeaGate Centre!
bighank13 is offline Find More Posts by bighank13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2021, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Awesome news guys, and thank you for putting it together!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Awesome news guys, and thank you for putting it together!
Appreciate it...who does like a good swap meet! Hope you can drop by...or is it drop and "buy" lol?
Old 01-28-2021, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
If I am home I will most certainly come up!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 02-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,832 Posts
Exhibitor/Vendor list? ......
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old 02-02-2021, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Franko
Tillsonburg, ON. CA
Joined Jul 2006
65 Posts
Any chance the organizers can get the Canada/USA border opened up so we can go too?
Franko is offline Find More Posts by Franko
Old 02-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande View Post
Exhibitor/Vendor list? ......
I will be updating with any vendor lists as the register. Also, this week I started contacting vendors who were part of the Toledo Expo to invite them to the party. This is a swap meet...where all are welcome.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko View Post
Any chance the organizers can get the Canada/USA border opened up so we can go too?
I'll will put that on my list of things that need to be done...
Old 02-18-2021, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
UPDATE - 02/18/2021

First of foremost, I would like to personally thank all of the vendors/swappers who have purchased tables and plan on attending this exciting event thus far. To date, there are almost two dozen commercial vendors coming...and that number seems to grow each day. We can't do this without you! We have already sold OVER 150 TABLES! Just tonight, I sent out an email to all AMA Clubs within 200 miles of Toledo about this event. I am sure we will see an uptick in registrations received in the near future!

We have worked with the Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel and are happy to announce that they will be offering a block of 50 (fifty) rooms at a discounted price! This is the closest hotel to the SeaGate Centre. These rooms need to be booked by March 11, 2021. Click the following link which will assist in your reservation: Book your group rate for Toledo R/C Swap Meeting Room Block [marriott.com]

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I want to make sure you have all information available.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:46 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
*UPDATED 03/26/21* Commercial Businesses, Vendors and Organizations

Current List of Businesses/Organizations Attending as of 03/19/2021

• Ritch’s Brew
  • Nankin Hobbies
  • TGK Connectors
  • WIND Catcher R/C
  • EZ Build (formerly Lazer Toys)
  • Innov8tive Designs
  • Sky Bench Aerotech
  • Willy Nillies
  • Carolina Custom Kits
  • Moustache Model Works
  • Team KNK Hardware
  • Metal Aviation
  • Hank’s Hobby Hangar
  • Hobby Liquidators
  • ICBIM Products
  • Tom Martin Radio Control
  • ElectroDynamics
  • National Balsa
  • Micro Fasteners
  • Ohio Superstar Products, Inc.
  • Dave’s R/C Electronics
  • B & B Specialties
  • R/C Battery.com
  • ASOK RC
  • Ohio Superstar Products
  • MECA (Model Aircraft Collectors Association)
  • Maumee Valley Scale Boat Club
  • NASA (National Association of Scale Aeromodelers) \
  • Keystone Clippers
  • AMA
Last edited by bighank13; 03-26-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:53 AM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
Another Commercial Vendor is Coming...

Welcome ElectroDynamics, Inc...I look forward to meeting you!
Old 02-25-2021, 11:09 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
...and ANOTHER...

I am so excited that National Balsa will be heading to downtown Toledo...WELCOME!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by gerardokonig
United States, PA, Levittown
Joined Mar 2019
3 Posts
Just booked my table. Quick question: Do you include 2 chairs or even one with the table or do we have to bring chairs?
gerardokonig is offline Find More Posts by gerardokonig
Old 03-05-2021, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2021
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardokonig View Post
Just booked my table. Quick question: Do you include 2 chairs or even one with the table or do we have to bring chairs?
Yep...two chairs included

Quick Reply