logo
Old 08-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by Extra260
Durango Colorado
Joined Feb 2006
1,964 Posts
Re: 33% SD Yak Electrified

Alright guys, picked up some wood today and would like to know how exactly to laminate it to the firewall, I will dowel it as well because i have gotten handy at that. Can I get capacitors at radioshack or somethin? I dont think I will be able to find another series connector like that, so I think I will just cut down the connector i have to very short and solder the wires back together. Thanks again guys for the answers.
Extra260 is offline Find More Posts by Extra260
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by AggieFlyer1
Gig'em...
Jefferson, MD USA
Joined Mar 2006
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra260 View Post
..... Can I get capacitors at radioshack or somethin? I dont think I will be able to find another series connector like that, so I think I will just cut down the connector i have to very short and solder the wires back together. Thanks again guys for the answers.
You'll need caps that are low impedance and low ESR(equivalent series resistance). I don't think rat-shack carries them. Nonetheless, if you can cut your series cable short enough (say 1-2" final length), you probably won't even need the extra caps. ....easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
AggieFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by AggieFlyer1
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by Extra260
Durango Colorado
Joined Feb 2006
1,964 Posts

Hey guys, I only ended up gettin one thing done today because my family was having company over, but I did end up shortening the overall length of the wires to 10" total. I cut the wires down to length and soldered them back together. My method was to push the wires together so they meshed, and then add solder. I know that the solder did not go all the way to the middle of the wire but the joints are not going anywhere. Also I was unable to use heat shrink because the wires were so short it would just heat it up before I was done soldering, so I just wrapped the joints with electrical tape. Give me your opinions,
Extra260 is offline Find More Posts by Extra260

Quick Reply