logo
Old 03-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
I’m waiting for a JR/DFA transmitter that has voice alerts!
customizable voice alerts for everything not just for telemetry reading.

http://www.jramericas.com/VSpeak/
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by Fly N Dutchman
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Feb 2006
115 Posts
Can files be exported from the XG14X to the 28X? I recieved an airplane with a xg14x and would like to transfer them to the 28x. I am new to both of them.
Fly N Dutchman is offline Find More Posts by Fly N Dutchman
Old 03-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly N Dutchman View Post
Can files be exported from the XG14X to the 28X? I recieved an airplane with a xg14x and would like to transfer them to the 28x. I am new to both of them.
No it cannot. The operating systems are completely different and the programming. I wrote down my numbers for initial setup but it still was a lot different in programming.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 03-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
3W/ZDZ Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,256 Posts
The new 16BPX is here now

https://www.deeforce.net/product-pag...4-ghz-receiver

BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 03-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
267 Posts
DFA

Have a question they have a pair of power receivers to make up 16 channels. If you are using there radio and all of there servos and everything is set up on SBus. Both receivers are coded for SBus. You have an IBec unit how does it get hooked up and controlled with in the SBus system.
Second question can the two receivers be used in separate planes. 8 channels each.
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 03-23-2019, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
3W/ZDZ Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,256 Posts
Obby1, XBUS is JR DFA ,,, Sbus is futaba,,,

I am perty sure that an Ibec is not XBUS compatible and you will need a PWM converter to operate the ibec,,, best to call JR DFA about that. You could use the JR DFA ignition kill system as it can be used in either PWM or XBUS.

Your second question, can the two receivers be used in separate planes, 8 channels each. In PWM mode, No. You will need the single RG812BPX(R8P) receiver. The RG16BPX OD/EV system is primarily designed for PWM use,,, odd channels on the left side of the plane, even on the right.
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Last edited by Bill Vargas; 03-24-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
267 Posts
Sorry about that I meant to say XBus .
So In XBus mode can the receivers be used separately in two lanes.
So if I understand correctly if the receiver is coded for XBus by using and Pwm encoding device it is possible to use an IBec.
Thanks for your help.
https://www.deeforce.net/product-pag...-1-port-xb-cv1
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 03-24-2019, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
9,811 Posts
Got to hang out and talk to the guys at Florida Jets. Very impressed with the new toys and passion.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 04-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts
So Everyone, How is the New Radios going? I see the is T14 thats pretty nice.

Is JR Making a comeback in the Market? Hows the quality of the New stuff compared to the old?
The Hodge is online now Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,109 Posts
Three of us flying giant scale aerobatic planes all with JR equipment. All the new receivers from a single Seven channel to the paired eight channel power safe to running XBus into the Xtreme power x24 have been perfect. Approximately 28 s8911 servos are working perfect. We are all using original XG14 transmitter but we all want the new T14 with the cnc gimbal. If you will send me one I will field test it for five years for you with weekly updates free of charge ��
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Three of us flying giant scale aerobatic planes all with JR equipment. All the new receivers from a single Seven channel to the paired eight channel power safe to running XBus into the Xtreme power x24 have been perfect. Approximately 28 s8911 servos are working perfect. We are all using original XG14 transmitter but we all want the new T14 with the cnc gimbal. If you will send me one I will field test it for five years for you with weekly updates free of charge ��
Thats really great news, Happy to hear they all going well,

Hows those 8911's Going, Are they brushless?, what is the gear type?

Like the T14, Really nice. Gear and those gimbals wow

Thats sounds like a great deal So the T14 on you list to get soon
Old 04-06-2019, 06:46 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,109 Posts
The S8911 servos we are using are the coreless version the brushless was just released a couple weeks before. The S8911 cooreless specs are
Torque
464.5 (6.6V) / 520.8 (7.4V) / 591.2 (8.4V) oz-in
33.4 (6.6V) / 37.5 (7.4V) / 42.6 (8.4V) kg・cm
Speed
0.15 (6.6V) / 0.13 (7.4V) / 0.11 (8.4V) Sec/60
Dimensions
1.57 x 0.79 x 1.59 in / 40 x 20 x 40.5 mm

Why they came out with a new brush less servo and gave it the same name S8911 only adding BL at the end in my opinion not great product branding, but there marketing department has failed to consult me on anything. I would have chosen a better name for the T14+4 transmitter.
I also think there webmaster is related to someone because its often incorrect or vague in information. The regular S8911 "corlee" servo has apparently received a massive improvement in the specs but no press release no promoting on FG unless the info is convoluted with the new 8911BL which I suspect.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts
Quote:
The S8911 servos we are using are the coreless version the brushless was just released a couple weeks before. The S8911 cooreless specs are
Torque
464.5 (6.6V) / 520.8 (7.4V) / 591.2 (8.4V) oz-in
33.4 (6.6V) / 37.5 (7.4V) / 42.6 (8.4V) kg・cm
Speed
0.15 (6.6V) / 0.13 (7.4V) / 0.11 (8.4V) Sec/60
Dimensions
1.57 x 0.79 x 1.59 in / 40 x 20 x 40.5 mm

Why they came out with a new brush less servo and gave it the same name S8911 only adding BL at the end in my opinion not great product branding, but there marketing department has failed to consult me on anything. I would have chosen a better name for the T14+4 transmitter.
I also think there webmaster is related to someone because its often incorrect or vague in information. The regular S8911 "corlee" servo has apparently received a massive improvement in the specs but no press release no promoting on FG unless the info is convoluted with the new 8911BL which I suspect.
Thanks for that, Yeah some nice specs, Looking at these or Maybe the MKS 777A's.

Love to know the Gear type, Have asked Rc depot, As i recall the 8611 and 8411 etc would get slop fast , Hopefully they fixed that.

Yeah Info seams vauge everywhere lol, Make me wonder if Jr will be back for the long haul again. Hope So.
Due to Lack of info etc im a little concerned or maybe there getting onto of all this stuff, Just dont want to change from my Dsx 9 to something that wont be around or supported in years to come.

But to that end i love Jr Stuff. Sure they dont have big flashy screens and software thats pretty flash, but there software is solid, clear and simple to work.
Last edited by The Hodge; 04-06-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:25 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,109 Posts
JR is back for the long haul, only issue is their native language is Japanese not English. Gears are a high grade metal will last log time. I had 14 777A+ servos I had to send back five in the first year two or three locked up and the others had major excessive gear slop. One lock up cost me my favorite plane on the link you can skip ahead to post 34 for info
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...=223406&page=3
Old 04-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,519 Posts
Quote:
JR is back for the long haul, only issue is their native language is Japanese not English. Gears are a high grade metal will last log time. I had 14 777A+ servos I had to send back five in the first year two or three locked up and the others had major excessive gear slop. One lock up cost me my favorite plane on the link you can skip ahead to post 34 for info
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...=223406&page=3
I talked to Moonie today at the JR booth and they are serious about the JR brand. They are bringing on more vendors and and new products.

The 8911 servos are still one of my favorite servos. The early ones with the plastic upper case developed some slop but switching to the metal upper really helps. But they are quick and precise.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951

Quick Reply