logo
Old 09-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Find More Posts by Tonyxwing
Going Vertical!!!!!!!!!
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
This is the exact reason why I got out of flying RC heli's. Sometimes things like this happen that are out of your control and they hurt the wallet when it does. I bet this crash set him back a minimum of $400. It just wasn't my idea of fun when everytime I put my Heli in the air, I was risking a small fortune if something went wrong.
Tonyxwing is offline Find More Posts by Tonyxwing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
You cant draw a comparison between flying 3D heli's to airplanes. They fly them 10 feet and less in front of them at high rates of speed and towards themselves/the flight line.

Its easily the most dangerous flight activity you can have at your field. I dont get anywhere near the flight line when they are flying for this very reason.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 09-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by rrembert
West Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Feb 2009
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
that is the issue.... this incident had NOTHING to do with the pilot skill. Obviously he knew what he was doing as it pertains to 3D flight

It was an equipment failure... BUT... it DID happen during a high speed maneuver directly towards the pits and potential spectators....

Just no need for maneuvers like that.... with heli's or airplanes
+1
rrembert is offline Find More Posts by rrembert
Old 06-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS
florida
Joined Jan 2006
4,821 Posts
at first i thought it was a boom strike, but after going back and watching again i see it was not. just most likely the head broke, or a blade. hard to say if ya cant look at it, could have been a linkage let go.sorry to see it happen done it myself
rede2fly is offline Find More Posts by rede2fly
Old 06-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS
florida
Joined Jan 2006
4,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyxwing View Post
This is the exact reason why I got out of flying RC heli's. Sometimes things like this happen that are out of your control and they hurt the wallet when it does. I bet this crash set him back a minimum of $400. It just wasn't my idea of fun when everytime I put my Heli in the air, I was risking a small fortune if something went wrong.
every time you put anything in the air you risk a small fortune depending on how deep your wallet is. how would you like loosing a 35% or 40% krill??? this hobby is not very for giving. i flew helis for over 12 years ,but i did hate the guys doing the 3d flying right in front of the pits its to fast and can get away from ya faster than you can process whats happening.
rede2fly is offline Find More Posts by rede2fly
Old 07-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
I seen something Friday I had never seen before, I seen the complete center of a logo 600 Explode...

Dude had crashed it, i guess he had killed some of the electronics,and someone hooked him up with a motor and esc, well guess he didnt check the programming on the ESC and that thing spooled up and sounded like a Goblin. it was Extremely way to high of a headspeed for that heli. all i heard was POP very LOUDLY, i was trying to land as i hate flying when someone is testing out a new heli or a change on a heli cause they can end up anywhere.

Well im flying a glider i get about 5 foot off the runway and all i see after that loud POP is something black flying acrross the field.. I get landed and the heli is on the ground and everyone's walking over so i picked up my plane and start looking around and i find a whole blade with bolt still in it, just bent laying on the ground i pick it up (about 50 foot from where the heli is on the ground) and walk over.to where main part heli is, well, the whole main shaft, along with blade grips one way bearing all was still connected to the main shaft along with one blade. flung off (it was found about 30 foot in the other direction ) one guy had one servo in his hand another guy had two other servos. it busted the main gear in half. and the whole center of the frame was just in pieces.

Im just glad no one got hit, that head and other blade could had went anywhere. ive seen a single blade come off before and it was scary to see a bullet object flying across the field.

Check your headspeeds that is one thing im always scared of with a new build. i try to start low and work my way up higher.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; 07-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply