logo
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by SAL A
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
Alkaline- good point on the style of jet if a flame out occurs. Keeping it high will be key.
Teammuir1- I was thinking of emailing Colon as well to get more info on the flight- I love what he did on his elevator. NOW I was able to speak to Barry Hou from Kingtech yesterday on the phone for about 15- 20 min about the K310's situation. 1st may I add that at full 103,000 RPM the K310 has 68 pounds of thrust- dialing it down to 99,000 RPM it will produce 63 lbs of thrust- not a big difference ,but none the less not what I wanted. Also I held the nose of the Hawk 100 with 95,000 RPM and I must say this has plenty of a STRONG PUSH that makes me confident this jet will be fine at 99,000 RPM. So back to the Barry conversation- he assured me that at 99,000 RPM I will not have a issue with the turbine blowing up - He told me "fly the plane, there wont be a problem". The K320 will be available in February of 2019 as a new engine- any K310 owners when ready for the 25 hour service will be eligible for the upgrade when there turbine is sent in and then it would be converted to a K320 but only when the service is needed. I did think about selling the K310 and getting the JetCat P300 Pro but selling a K310 now wont be very easy with all the drama around it. My friend also has the exact set up as me and we will probably both fly our Hawks at 99,000 and do our maidens by November. Thank you for all the input- ill keep posting on here as much as I can and PLEASE DO THE SAME.
SAL A is offline Find More Posts by SAL A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
SAL,

I can tell you that without the bombs/ordinance and smoke, a P-200 can fly the jet just fine, Its only when it is loaded up that a P-300 is needed.

My jet was at the high-end weight wise, fully armed and with 80oz of smoke fuel. Ohh I probably added 2 lbs in misc clear coat and other stuff.

I have since been flying it with the smoke tank taken out, fly with only the side missiles (but keep the bomb pylons on, just no bombs attached) and I say I like it much better.

This setup is 8 lbs lighter on take off and considerably less draggy. In this config a 200-260N will work fine so I believe your tuned back K-310 will be fine.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 10-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by SAL A
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
Yes, my 1st flights will not have any drop tanks- I'm hoping to get a 2nd and 3rd flight then add more and more detail to her- I'm not sure if in the future ill add a smoke system I agree the lighter the better - now its getting cold here FAST in NJ and my 1st flights looks to be put on hold- sometimes in November we get a couple of mild days - otherwise this will not happen until the spring.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by SAL A
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
Hey Guys, on a side note my friends at Wide World of Hobbies in NJ (also my builders) now are making 3D printed parts for the Sky Master 1/3.65 Hawk- and pretty much any part you may need. As seen are the wing fences, also shown are the new Helmets that will Fit 1/3.5 scale pilots- these were molded around Axel Scale pilots- so please reach out if you want any upgrades.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by SAL A
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
Hey Guys, seems like this thread when dead. Well anyway here is a new Product form Wide World of Hobbies- They now make 3D printed intake and exhaust covers for the Sky Master 1/3.65 Hawk. Just thought I would share them if any body is interested. Now that its building season maybe this thread will get more active. Happy Holidays everyone.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:36 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Very cool, wonder if they make them for tomahawk as well, or the carf hawk.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by SAL A
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
If you send WIDE WORLD of HOBBIES your measurements they can make any custom part
Old 03-25-2021, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by p-40lover
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Sep 2008
16 Posts
Hey can one of you guys tell where you centered the stab to..where l have it.it looks wrong..l had a old FEJ an they gave a measurement as to where it should be from the rear hatch..skymaster says nothing in the manual..thanks
p-40lover is offline Find More Posts by p-40lover
Old 03-31-2021, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Generally you line it so that the back part of the elevator is parallel to the back part of the tail. This is how the skymaster, tomahawk, Carf ones I had were.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:05 AM
Find More Posts by Redaxis
Joined Nov 2020
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL A View Post
Here are my measurements for the Xicoy CG machine on the 1/3 Sky Master Hawk 100 (long nose) - I used Sky Masters suggested CG spec's - the most forward to the leading edge and it work out perfect - it had a great feel in flight
Hi SAL A, I know this was posted sometime ago, but is this your dry all up weight? 71.37LBS
Redaxis is offline Find More Posts by Redaxis
Last edited by Redaxis; 05-12-2022 at 04:06 AM. Reason: added weight

Quick Reply