Old 10-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by kwilson
Drone pilot since 1979
Jacksonville, FL
Joined May 2006
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erospawn View Post
RC Clubs get complaints from disgruntled neighbors and members all the time. Hardly an indicator of anything.
And now they will have the law on their side.
kwilson is offline Find More Posts by kwilson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by erospawn
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Jul 2016
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
And now they will have the law on their side.
lol.. We have the law flying at our field.. The LAW has far more important things than to bother with you....unless of course, you're doing something dangerous and being reckless. Otherwise, they are too busy to care.

But in reality, the LAW has always been around because neighbors get upset about the noise or whatever other reasons..
erospawn is offline Find More Posts by erospawn
Old 10-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by kwilson
Drone pilot since 1979
Jacksonville, FL
Joined May 2006
1,198 Posts
I am glad you think it is a big nothing burger. I (and about 8 other members) have just been asked to stop flying IMAC at my field by our club President.
kwilson is offline Find More Posts by kwilson
Old 10-08-2019, 02:20 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Jul 2016
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
I am glad you think it is a big nothing burger. I (and about 8 other members) have just been asked to stop flying IMAC at my field by our club President.
I never said it wasn't a big deal... I called all 3 congress people..and submitted the form..I jump through these hoops every single time it happens. I also made it clear to these congress critters that I am sick of it...I am tired of dealing with it, Im tired of being ignored..and I have too much time, energy and money tied up in this hobby to roll over and that I will put up a fight if that's what it takes. I'm sorry you were asked not to fly IMAC at your field.... go fly somewhere else.. or just fly lower, I don't know what to tell to you. You made reference to the law.. and I could only relate personal experience..which is, we have law enforcement individuals who fly at our field...
Old 10-08-2019, 03:13 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Jul 2016
18 Posts
Found this on the FAA's face book site. Oh this is too much..the hypocrisy flows thick with this one..so much so that I called my reps and pointed it out. I've two little girls that I was hoping would get interested in aviation one day... But I have since directed their interests elsewhere..

Quick Reply