logo
Old 01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by superdh
Joined May 2006
265 Posts
Re: What's the HUGE HOBBICO announcement ?

like that guy on howard stern used to say...

bont bu back!

(don't do crack)
superdh is offline Find More Posts by superdh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by jmiracle
Findlay, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
It is the NEW Radio system that is capable of 100 distinct channels. The servos are "Daisy-Chained" together similar to a Computer network. Each servo has its own "IP" address and the Rx sends out a data string to all servos and each servo extracts only the part of the data string intended for itself. There will be High data rate channels (qty 50) and low rate channels, (qty 50) The high data rate channels will get data at 1024 instructions per second,( at 2048 resolution) and the low data rate channels will be getting instructions at 512 per second, (1024 resolution). The system will have bidirectional data transfer. The initial package will only Tx down to the Ground transmitter when the data string going UP to the model receives 3 data faults per second. (As manifested by an audible tone), and when the data fault rate reaches 6 per second, there is a different audible tone.
There will be a modeling package with the system that will easily create a virtual model with actual servo placement, orientation and geometry. This can be used to nearly simulate the entire radio setup without the model, as long as the geometry is known. And can indicate geometrical errors such as a Pull-Pull rudder setup that has binding!
This will work in concert with a GPS and Accelerometer module that will vitually recreate any flight on your PC. Simply download the data from the FFDR, (FUTABA Flight Data Recorder) into your PC and you can see your flight recreated onscreen. The software also allows the input of Windspeed and barometric pressure.
The GPS and Acceleromter package can be programmed to automatically fly the plane towards the Ground Transmitter should there be a lost link event. The idea is that if the range is exceeded or the Signal-to-noise is exceeded, the plane will fly towards the Tx to gain a better signal.

THIS WILL change RC as we know it!!!!

Don't ask me how I know this!!!!

...not sure what's worse...that I actually understood that.....that I could get excited about such a system....or that some twisted part of me wishes such a system was real! oh imagine the carnage! (ie...oh crap, my planes not responding...oh good it's flying towards me.....oh crap! it's coming right towards me!! AAHHHHH!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!! QUIT CHASING ME!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!)
jmiracle is offline Find More Posts by jmiracle
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by Eury
A fifth of Peter.
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined May 2006
807 Posts

Quote:
They are going to use glue on all of their ARFs starting right now
As the owner of a 33% GP Cap, I'd like to nominate that for post of the year.
Eury is offline Find More Posts by Eury
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by Chris
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Apr 2006
342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eury View Post
As the owner of a 33% GP Cap, I'd like to nominate that for post of the year.
As somebody who swore off ALL of GP crappy BARFs years ago, it's hard for me to feel sorry for ya. LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Chris is offline Find More Posts by Chris
Old 01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Sep 2006
1,980 Posts

Quote:
It is the NEW Radio system that is capable of 100 distinct channels. The servos are "Daisy-Chained" together similar to a Computer network. Each servo has its own "IP" address and the Rx sends out a data string to all servos and each servo extracts only the part of the data string intended for itself. There will be High data rate channels (qty 50) and low rate channels, (qty 50) The high data rate channels will get data at 1024 instructions per second,( at 2048 resolution) and the low data rate channels will be getting instructions at 512 per second, (1024 resolution). The system will have bidirectional data transfer. The initial package will only Tx down to the Ground transmitter when the data string going UP to the model receives 3 data faults per second. (As manifested by an audible tone), and when the data fault rate reaches 6 per second, there is a different audible tone.
There will be a modeling package with the system that will easily create a virtual model with actual servo placement, orientation and geometry. This can be used to nearly simulate the entire radio setup without the model, as long as the geometry is known. And can indicate geometrical errors such as a Pull-Pull rudder setup that has binding!
This will work in concert with a GPS and Accelerometer module that will vitually recreate any flight on your PC. Simply download the data from the FFDR, (FUTABA Flight Data Recorder) into your PC and you can see your flight recreated onscreen. The software also allows the input of Windspeed and barometric pressure.
The GPS and Acceleromter package can be programmed to automatically fly the plane towards the Ground Transmitter should there be a lost link event. The idea is that if the range is exceeded or the Signal-to-noise is exceeded, the plane will fly towards the Tx to gain a better signal.

I'll have $10.00 of what he's on thankyou!!!!
ULTIMATE1 is offline Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Old 01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by mavacpjm71
Washington
Joined Jun 2006
497 Posts

Who spiked his Koolaid - LOL
mavacpjm71 is offline Find More Posts by mavacpjm71
Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by Spaz
Buffalo-NY-USA
Joined Jan 2006
364 Posts

i dont think he is kidding, i know a guy who knows a guy...
Spaz is offline Find More Posts by Spaz
Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

I forgot to mention that the sticks will have FDSR... (FUTABA Dual Spring Rate).
The spring tension will be proportional to the Exponential Curve you have programmed, this will enable
the user to feel his position along the travel curve by the tension of the springs.
Future additional feedback items will include a sort of "Stick Shaker" like a real plane. There will be a stall sensing device that the user can locate on the aircraft, and as you approach stall, the Tx will vibrate.. much like a cell phone. This will give the pilot feedback regarding approaching stall speed.
One final feature that will be added to the available "Trainer Box" will be a true "Dual Control" capability. The student pilot box will have sticks that will move if the instructor moves his sticks.... thus enabling the student to feel the control inputs from the instructor. The force-feed back goes into the instructor radio as well, but there is a light friction clutch on the gimbals so that the student can not over power the instructor.. and the friction is zero'd if the instructor flips the trainer switch.

One item that is on the drawing board is a pair of Sunglasses that has a sort of HUD built in. The intensity of the displayed information can be set to a certain level, can be adjusted using a dial or slider, or can be a function of Pressure on the sticks. If you push down hard on the sticks, the data displayed can become darker or lighter. Displayed data can include, Head Temp, RPM, EGT, Fuel Level, Battery Voltage (up to 7 batteries), Airspeed, heading and even an artificial horizon.
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts

That would be a sweet setup, but what's it gonna cost?

Ya know, if it were real...
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by Spaz
Buffalo-NY-USA
Joined Jan 2006
364 Posts

Ok your good
Spaz is offline Find More Posts by Spaz
Old 01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by dg512055
Helis are OK too!
Union City, TN
Joined Aug 2007
40 Posts

I don't think he's drunk yet, but if I were going to get drunk, I'd give twelve dollars for the start that he has.
dg512055 is offline Find More Posts by dg512055
Old 01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by rdgood
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jan 2006
2,059 Posts

No NO I just got all the low down from a reliable source..

Its a new model called the Yapaleno 54 its sort of Swedish version of the Yak except the wings are shaped using a natural Japaleno airfoil.. hi lift made for Hard Manish aerobatics....

Ronster
rdgood is offline Find More Posts by rdgood
Old 01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Find More Posts by RADRICH
Hmmm...tastes like chicken!!!!
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the sticks will have FDSR... (FUTABA Dual Spring Rate).
The spring tension will be proportional to the Exponential Curve you have programmed, this will enable
the user to feel his position along the travel curve by the tension of the springs.
Future additional feedback items will include a sort of "Stick Shaker" like a real plane. There will be a stall sensing device that the user can locate on the aircraft, and as you approach stall, the Tx will vibrate.. much like a cell phone. This will give the pilot feedback regarding approaching stall speed.
One final feature that will be added to the available "Trainer Box" will be a true "Dual Control" capability. The student pilot box will have sticks that will move if the instructor moves his sticks.... thus enabling the student to feel the control inputs from the instructor. The force-feed back goes into the instructor radio as well, but there is a light friction clutch on the gimbals so that the student can not over power the instructor.. and the friction is zero'd if the instructor flips the trainer switch.

One item that is on the drawing board is a pair of Sunglasses that has a sort of HUD built in. The intensity of the displayed information can be set to a certain level, can be adjusted using a dial or slider, or can be a function of Pressure on the sticks. If you push down hard on the sticks, the data displayed can become darker or lighter. Displayed data can include, Head Temp, RPM, EGT, Fuel Level, Battery Voltage (up to 7 batteries), Airspeed, heading and even an artificial horizon.

I remember a line in a movie that said something like " just because you can doesn't mean you should" 100 percent of all of these features probably wouldn't be needed if the individual who spent time thinking all this stuff up,while believing he needed this stuff, actually spent that same amount of time flying and enjoying his machine and honing his flying skills, thus eliminating the need for said stuff. Besides, the projected cost of said stuff would probably pay for said flying machine 20 times over thus allowing said individual to have a brand new airplane more often!!!
(Get all that?)
RADRICH is offline Find More Posts by RADRICH
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

Theres more... but I said 'nuff already!!! lol
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by AirMcNair
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Joined Jan 2006
869 Posts

Quote:

Too funny! I was thinking the other day how nice this would be, "IP" addressed servos!
AirMcNair is offline Find More Posts by AirMcNair

Quick Reply