logo
Old 03-01-2024, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
From the manual and to the best of my knowledge the software is not upgradable on T44.
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-02-2024, 06:29 AM
SAB
Find More Posts by SAB
SAB
Joined Aug 2009
20 Posts
Obby1.

I pretty certain you can update the firmware on the XG11/T44.
I have updated the XG11 firmware in the past on several occasions
What I find very disappointing with the current JR company is that the T44 runs the same firmware as the last XG11 from the original JR company i.e. there have been no firmware updates from (at least) 2016 !!

Steve
SAB is offline Find More Posts by SAB
Old 03-02-2024, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
T44 will get an update to be compatible. So will the T14x4. The radios use SD cards to transfer data so I'm taking a wild shot in the dark and saying that they will update that way, but I could be wrong.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Last edited by Xpress..; 03-02-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB View Post
What I find very disappointing with the current JR company is that the T44 runs the same firmware as the last XG11 from the original JR company i.e. there have been no firmware updates from (at least) 2016 !!
The firmware represents thousands lines of code and maybe the original JR company lost or wiped it out so there's no way to work on it unless they re write it from the beginning which takes time and $$$
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 03-02-2024, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
682 Posts
We are not privy to where the source code went and why. Maybe they have come to some agreement or settled some legal issues. But it has been 10 years since an update. Hopefully XPress is correct. And yes the XG11 and XG14 have SD card update. In the XG14 there are only small text errors and no operational errors that I know of. The two TX's have essentially the same software except the XG11 uses two screens and the XG14 uses three on the smaller screen.

Building a gyro from scratch is a daunting task for "experts in the field". Processors today are really amazing. A 32 bit processor with floating point , DSP instructions, 1 MB of flash and IO out the kazoo is really cheap. I am glad that Nick Maxwell and company are doing this project.

If you have one of the T44, T14 TX's look at the X.Bus screens already there ! Maybe they will need some more parameters ?
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Old 03-05-2024, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by glma3
United States, NC, Clemmons
Joined Mar 2006
14 Posts
I have an XG14 transmitter, using an 11BPX receiver. My plane has 4 pwm flap servos. I'm using a CV4 converter, and I did all the initial Xbus programming using an Xbus programmer. All the servos operate, but I wish to reverse 2 of the flap servos. I think I have to use the Xbus interface in the transmitter to do this. I'm getting a timeout each time when I try to set the channel and Sub-id. I don't understand why I'm getting the timeout. Appreciate any help!
glma3 is offline Find More Posts by glma3
Old 03-05-2024, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glma3 View Post
I have an XG14 transmitter, using an 11BPX receiver. My plane has 4 pwm flap servos. I'm using a CV4 converter, and I did all the initial Xbus programming using an Xbus programmer. All the servos operate, but I wish to reverse 2 of the flap servos. I think I have to use the Xbus interface in the transmitter to do this. I'm getting a timeout each time when I try to set the channel and Sub-id. I don't understand why I'm getting the timeout. Appreciate any help!
Unplug everything plugged into your RX but the unit you are programming. I only have one 812bpx that does this and this is how I skirt around the timeout issue. I'm thinking maybe it is something to do with the model data in the Tx because this 812bpx I have this issue with only does this with my T14x4, not with my Elite.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
500 Posts
Quote:
. . . . I think I have to use the Xbus interface in the transmitter to do this. . . .
If the servos you wish to reverse are not on the same channel as those you don’t, the XBUS reverse doesn’t have to be used. The transmitter’s Function List REVERSE SW menu can be used instead. Actually it is easier as it will reverse all the servos on that channel at once.
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old 03-06-2024, 07:11 AM
Find More Posts by glma3
Joined Mar 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
Unplug everything plugged into your RX but the unit you are programming. I only have one 812bpx that does this and this is how I skirt around the timeout issue. I'm thinking maybe it is something to do with the model data in the Tx because this 812bpx I have this issue with only does this with my T14x4, not with my Elite.

Yes, the only thing plugged in is the CV4 converter harness. Maybe I'll try doing this with my XG11. It shouldn't matter where the CV4 is programmed, correct?
Old 03-06-2024, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by glma3
Joined Mar 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
If the servos you wish to reverse are not on the same channel as those you don’t, the XBUS reverse doesn’t have to be used. The transmitter’s Function List REVERSE SW menu can be used instead. Actually it is easier as it will reverse all the servos on that channel at once.

Sure, I understand that. But I can't get to the point of reversing, since setting the sub id and channel times out. The timeout is the issue.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:48 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the only thing plugged in is the CV4 converter harness. Maybe I'll try doing this with my XG11. It shouldn't matter where the CV4 is programmed, correct?
No, as long as the 812 is in XBUS mode.

Quote:
Sure, I understand that. But I can't get to the point of reversing, since setting the sub id and channel times out. The timeout is the issue.
He is referring to reversing the channel in the Function List menu, not the XBUS menu. I prefer to not do it this way as I like to keep all XBUS functionality in the XBUS menu.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
500 Posts
Before posting my message on this forum, I set up an XBUS system using an XG14 transmitter, RG812BX receiver (I don’t have access to a 11BPX receiver), an XB1-CV4 converter, and a small pwm servo. I was only able to induce a time out if the converter was disconnected from the receiver or if I tried to change a parameter for a channel that the converter wasn’t programmed to handle.

Your problem could be due to a simple mistake such as the receiver is off, the converter is plugged into the wrong port or the plug is upside down. Simple mistakes can be the ones most difficult to recognize. I would plug a servo into one of the converter leads, power up the system and see if the servo is getting a signal and determine which channel is controlling it if it is working.
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old 03-07-2024, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by glma3
Joined Mar 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
Before posting my message on this forum, I set up an XBUS system using an XG14 transmitter, RG812BX receiver (I don’t have access to a 11BPX receiver), an XB1-CV4 converter, and a small pwm servo. I was only able to induce a time out if the converter was disconnected from the receiver or if I tried to change a parameter for a channel that the converter wasn’t programmed to handle.

Your problem could be due to a simple mistake such as the receiver is off, the converter is plugged into the wrong port or the plug is upside down. Simple mistakes can be the ones most difficult to recognize. I would plug a servo into one of the converter leads, power up the system and see if the servo is getting a signal and determine which channel is controlling it if it is working.

Thank you for investigating! The problem was in fact trying to change a parameter that the converter wasn't programmed for. When I properly told the transmitter about the current channel/sub-id, it all worked fine.

Thank you again for helping!

Quick Reply