logo
Old 01-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by albertor
Joined Jan 2006
73 Posts
www.mintor.net

finally the new Mintor site is online, for the moment only in italian, and not completed, but you can take a look on the actuale engine production. www.mintor.net

ciao
Alberto
albertor is offline Find More Posts by albertor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by rcpileit44
Flyin' Around
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
any reviews on these engines yet? prices?
rcpileit44 is offline Find More Posts by rcpileit44
Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts
Top Dawg Aviation is the distriubutor for them in the US. Tim Smith has the 110 in his Edge.
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by TimSmith
Account Closed
Joined Dec 2007
1,901 Posts
That Mintor 110cc is one smooth running.pretty engine,I am sold on it,It does carry an extra 3/8 th of a pound over the DA 120cc but it deffinitly makes up for it in tourqe,And since I was building what was a tail heavy airframe right out of the box it made every thing balance out perfetly for my needs and for adjustability with the rest of the set up.
I am now getting ready to build a EGmx2. And it sure seems the logical choislce if it s not going to be the DA 120
_And just so everybody thats reading knows ,I bought it,its not a sopnsor or a free be to talk up Top Dwag.
I bought it because of how smooth that puppy runs.
And Dennis Back (superstocktk). Is the service man for TopDawg and For Mintor.
Bryan Zang and Blaine Austin keep Dennis on a short leash. he is a great service person and is fast as you would ever want with the repair s if needed. They have him tied off at Aerographix .

As for the 110cc I ll say I do not mind the extra weight ,being that it is in the form of a removable sleeve that is honneable, that is a big huge stiffener for the heads and block to ,You maynot see it or beaware of it happening on a small block from a billet, but they can be cut in ways that may cause them to flex under the load of tourqe.The Mintor block is made to be ridgid and solid, thats why its a tad heavier.This rigidity is what males it run so smoothly.
And that add s to the top end tourqe out put a bit as well. The carb is super touchy ,but not in a finicky way, just in way that the needels are so precise and require very minute adjustments to cause an effect in the rich lean carburation.So be aware that they are for FINE TUNNING, .but once there they run oh so sweet.
TimSmith is offline Find More Posts by TimSmith
Last edited by TimSmith; 09-06-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by jack01
Memphis, TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,471 Posts
I've got a 110 and a Vess stealth carbon prop on the front of a Yak 55. Its been a really good combo so far. The engine makes good power on the stock mufflers, so if you don't have room for cans, you'll be fine. Now, if you have room for the Mintor cans Top Dawg sells, Id highly reccomend getting them. Tim is right, they do make the engine a little more sensetive on the needles, but its worth it IMHO. With a fast throttle servo, its like revving a dirt bike.
jack01 is offline Find More Posts by jack01
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by TimSmith
Account Closed
Joined Dec 2007
1,901 Posts
Funny you said that,when I was breaking my engine in my neighbor from about 300yards away came to my house to see what kind of dirt bike I was working on,
TimSmith is offline Find More Posts by TimSmith
Old 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by ken6881
Henderson, Ky
Joined Aug 2008
1,767 Posts
I have two 220s on tuned pipes and really like them
ken6881 is offline Find More Posts by ken6881
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Its great to be alive!
United States, OH, Norwalk
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
Looking at the 33cc. Talked to Blaine a few days ago and he said about 2 weeks and they should be in.
Wayne's World is offline Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts
I wonder how much more power will the 33 Mintor have over the Dle30. In really like the power coming out of my Dle30.
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Its great to be alive!
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryor808 View Post
I wonder how much more power will the 33 Mintor have over the Dle30. In really like the power coming out of my Dle30.
If you look at the specs on both engines they are close in comparison weight rpm etc. The muffler and polish job definitely looks better on the mintor. Only time will tell which is a better engine.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by blackbeer
Joined Nov 2007
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
Looking at the 33cc. Talked to Blaine a few days ago and he said about 2 weeks and they should be in.

Well, that's a bumber, I ordered one today because they were listed as being in stock. Not a big deal I guess and the price is right being only about 25 bucks more then the DLE. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the quality is like on these little jewels..................

Tom
blackbeer is offline Find More Posts by blackbeer
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Its great to be alive!
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
Im definitely going to give it a try. I like that the entire engine is designed produced and assembled, along with the engineers on hand, in one location. Leaning towards putting it on a new mxsr.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Its great to be alive!
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertor View Post
finally the new Mintor site is online, for the moment only in italian, and not completed, but you can take a look on the actuale engine production. www.mintor.net

ciao
Alberto
Under italian scroll down and its all in english
Old 09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by ledwa klaus
Donauwörth,Germany
Joined Mar 2006
14 Posts
www.mintor.net

I´m running a mintor 110 on RE2 tuned pipes in a EF 110 Yak. Power and reliability of the engine are ok, the weight is not the benchmark of it´s class as already stated. Even though there are several statements how smooth this engine runs, mine does not - and all efforts so far to improve could not change the situation remarkably. From the beginning the engine ran rough at lower rpms down to idle, highly stressing the front fuse and the ailerons. The EF Yak normally takes even a DA120 without additional stiffeners and you will find a lot of vids in the web demonstrating quiet YAK ailerons and elevators at idle without major vibrations and deflections and all users had engines of comparable size. For there are no signs for any mechanical or electrical deviations or failures, obviously I´m not able to find an appropriate set of carb needle positions for both acceptable idle and necessary transition. Further leaning of the L needle would improve the behaviour, but doing so the engine is not able to accelerate anymore. Meanwhile, I have also changed the factory setting of the ignition sensor to the recommended ( later ) position described in the manual of the ignition manufacturer ( AEROFLUG in my case ) - with some, but not sufficient improvement.
Nice looking engine, good power and a very specific sound - but I assume with no real future in my YAK.
ledwa klaus is offline Find More Posts by ledwa klaus
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,290 Posts
thanks for the post ledwa klaus , your honesty is appreciated. I was looking at this engine then opted for the 120DA due to waranty and local mfg. sure is a nice looking engine and if its anything like the 120DA or the overweight 3W110 then its a winner. but who flies without the cowl ? all that shine is covered up with it on.
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc

Quick Reply