logo
Old 11-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Jigeye
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2006
97 Posts
Discussion
FrSky Horus 10S Express help

I am considering replacing my JR XG11 with a FrSky Horus 10S Express. Probably will not use open tx and stick with FrSky OS. I have a "hodge/podge" of stuff now that works but does not meet all my requirements below. It is also getting harder to program all of this third party stuff to a different transmitter/receiver/gyro/telemetry.
What I am asking concerning the Horus 10S Express:
1. Is it easy to program with the FrSky OS?
2. Need a "turn key" transmitter/receiver that will allow gyro/telemetry, and easy programming of a single switch for knife edge coupling.
3. Need a auto trim function as described below.

I am frustrated at attempting to understand exactly what I need given my requirements in both below.

The following is what I fly and the equipment (already set up and flying):

Motion RC Avanti 80 mm EDF jet
JR XG11/Lemon 8 channel receiver with Eagle A3-L V2 3 Axis Airplane Gyro
Gyro/Telemetry Requirements: Gyro req. fulfilled.
Telemetry requirements: Not fuflilled
Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR : Not fulfilled. (nightmare programming on JR XG11)
Auto Trim Function. In other words, looking to flip a switch whilst aircraft is level and aircraft would stay level with ascending/descending given different speeds and wind directions. Elevator only to keep aircraft level at all speeds/wind conditions.

SIG Four Star 60
JRXG11/Lemon 8 channel receiver
Gyro/Telemetry Requirements: NONE
Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR : Not Fulfilled. (nightmare programming on JR XG11)

Great Planes 50CC Reactor 3D monoplane (2 servoes per aileron/no flaps needed)
JR XG11/JR 9 channel radio
Gyro/Telemetry Requirements: No Telemetry required.
Possible Gyro needed for stability/3D
Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR: Not Fulfilled. . (nightmare programming on JR XG11)
Jigeye is offline Find More Posts by Jigeye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-24-2019, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
See answers below:

FROS is a meny driven system, not unlike Spektrum, Futaba and others, the word Easy is relative. But the menu driven system is for people that like "pre-programmed" functions.

2. Need a "turn key" transmitter/receiver that will allow gyro/telemetry, and easy programming of a single switch for knife edge coupling.

The S6R and S8R are Gyro type of recievers, perfect for your use case scenarios. They are programmable right from your receiver.

Auto Trim is a built in function of the TX and can be done is several ways. Any switch is assignable to the function (Trim to Subtrim)

4. Knife edge coupling switch.

Yes it is simply doable, but it's not automatic, but the Gyro function of the S6R or S8r can do Auto Knife Edge if you want.
Mixes are the right way of doing it, and its' simple on FROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigeye View Post
I am considering replacing my JR XG11 with a FrSky Horus 10S Express. Probably will not use open tx and stick with FrSky OS. I have a "hodge/podge" of stuff now that works but does not meet all my requirements below. It is also getting harder to program all of this third party stuff to a different transmitter/receiver/gyro/telemetry.

I am frustrated at attempting to understand exactly what I need given my requirements in both below.

Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR : Not fulfilled. (nightmare programming on JR XG11)
Auto Trim Function. In other words, looking to flip a switch whilst aircraft is level and aircraft would stay level with ascending/descending given different speeds and wind directions. Elevator only to keep aircraft level at all speeds/wind conditions.

SIG Four Star 60
Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR : Not Fulfilled. (nightmare programming on JR XG11)

Knife Edge switch to prevent coupling through TXMTR: Not Fulfilled. . (nightmare programming on JR XG11)
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 11-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigeye View Post

SIG Four Star 60

KE coupling programming on an XG11 a nightmare?? Not hardly. You can activate the mix with a switch, apply rudder and go with that. Or, I like to leave the mix active all the time. Its 1 less switch to think about on the Tx, and what its doing.

The minuteness of elevator travel when you apply rudder, when leaving the mix on continously is almost noticable. Different airplanes require different mix's. I think most my birds are at 3%. IMAC guys mix down elevator with low throttle to achieve that straight down line. It might be 2%??? And when you advance the throttle, the mix shuts off.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle

Quick Reply