logo
Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by RCPal
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Oct 2016
10 Posts
Solved Horus & Aura8

Hi sande005, Solved the issue. I have redundant receivers. It finally clicked in when watching the Aura monitor that all channels were moving. The solution was to apply the offset to all 16 channels. Everything now reads 0%. Magic share the knowledge.
RCPal is offline Find More Posts by RCPal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by seng30904
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
I have a Spektrum DSMX satellite receiver pluged into port "A" ofmy Aura 8. I am wanting to switch out the receiver, using an Frsky X4R (sbus)and my Frsky X-lite transmitter. I thought that the Spektrum satellitesoperated off 3.3 volts, whereas the X4Rhas a voltage range of 4-10 volts. How are people using these X4R receivers?Also, I heard that the ESC's BEC be plugging into the receiver, and not theAura 8 due to "failsafe" issues. Is this correct?
seng30904 is offline Find More Posts by seng30904
Old 02-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by AdrianM
Joined Feb 2019
4 Posts
Hi
I'm just about to purchase a second hand QQ Extra 300 with the Aura8 I was told that the Aura8 has a hoover function but from my research I can't find any Info on that.
Could anyone confirm that that function is available with this Gyro.
Thanks in advance
Adrian
AdrianM is offline Find More Posts by AdrianM
Old 02-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Find More Posts by sande005
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Apr 2009
124 Posts
Nope, no "hover", "landing", "wing leveling", "safe" or other such modes. Its primary function is to reduce/eliminate uncommanded changes in the flight path, like from wind. So it makes the plane "feel" like a much bigger one. But you still have to co-ordinate the controls as needed.
sande005 is offline Find More Posts by sande005
Old 02-13-2019, 02:57 AM
Joined Feb 2019
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
Nope, no "hover", "landing", "wing leveling", "safe" or other such modes. Its primary function is to reduce/eliminate uncommanded changes in the flight path, like from wind. So it makes the plane "feel" like a much bigger one. But you still have to co-ordinate the controls as needed.
Thanks for the reply and to clarify the function.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:46 AM
Joined Feb 2019
4 Posts
Hi Guys
I purchased the QQ Extra 300 that I was talking about and I'm having some issues setting up the Aura 8. I went here http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura/FrSkyUse and downloaded the FrSky Transmitter Model File I'm using a Horus X10S running OpenTx 2.2 I copied the file to my sd card but I ban't find the 'Restore Model' function on a blank slot of the 'Model Selection' Open TX on the Horus is a little different to the X9 any of you guys using a Horus X10? I need some help here.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by sande005
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Apr 2009
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Hi Guys
I purchased the QQ Extra 300 that I was talking about and I'm having some issues setting up the Aura 8. I went here http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura/FrSkyUse and downloaded the FrSky Transmitter Model File I'm using a Horus X10S running OpenTx 2.2 I copied the file to my sd card but I ban't find the 'Restore Model' function on a blank slot of the 'Model Selection' Open TX on the Horus is a little different to the X9 any of you guys using a Horus X10? I need some help here.
Thanks
[previous reply deleted]...
Apparently the Horus doesn't have a model save/restore function since it routinely uses the sim to store models, unlike the X9's which keep them in memory. And the Flex file is from a pretty old version of OpenTX.

The main things in the file:
1. Set up a basic 4 ch. airplane for both inputs and mixing, everything there to be at 100%.
2. Set Ch 5 in mixing to use a 3 pos. switch as the Source, for Aura flight modes.
3. Calibrate your sticks on the Horus.
3. Adjust your outputs, using the Aura Config Tool, Input Monitor. (Aura connected to an active receiver, and plugged into the PC, and the radio transmitting). PPM center varies a bit between opentx versions, and the various radios. Mine is at 1522. Adjust yours until the Aura Input Monitor shows it as centered.
4. Adjust your min/max output settings to show 125% in the Aura monitor. On my Taranis, this equals 104.1%. Yours may be slightly different.
[You can do 3 & 4 above real time on the radio]
5. Once you've figured out the Min/Max/Center for one channel, you can use the same values for the others.
6. Switched channels (like Ch 5) need the same Center, but work just fine with the default OpenTX Min/Max of 100%.

After this - everything else is done on the Aura - rates, expo, etc. if you want to change anything from stock
sande005 is offline Find More Posts by sande005
Last edited by sande005; 02-23-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Joined Feb 2019
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
[previous reply deleted]...
Apparently the Horus doesn't have a model save/restore function since it routinely uses the sim to store models, unlike the X9's which keep them in memory. And the Flex file is from a pretty old version of OpenTX.

The main things in the file:
1. Set up a basic 4 ch. airplane for both inputs and mixing, everything there to be at 100%.
2. Set Ch 5 in mixing to use a 3 pos. switch as the Source, for Aura flight modes.
3. Calibrate your sticks on the Horus.
3. Adjust your outputs, using the Aura Config Tool, Input Monitor. (Aura connected to an active receiver, and plugged into the PC, and the radio transmitting). PPM center varies a bit between opentx versions, and the various radios. Mine is at 1522. Adjust yours until the Aura Input Monitor shows it as centered.
4. Adjust your min/max output settings to show 125% in the Aura monitor. On my Taranis, this equals 104.1%. Yours may be slightly different.
[You can do 3 & 4 above real time on the radio]
5. Once you've figured out the Min/Max/Center for one channel, you can use the same values for the others.
6. Switched channels (like Ch 5) need the same Center, but work just fine with the default OpenTX Min/Max of 100%.

After this - everything else is done on the Aura - rates, expo, etc. if you want to change anything from stock
Thanks for the Info I will try and let you know the results.
Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-24-2019, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by carapis
Athens Greece-Hellas
Joined Jun 2008
124 Posts
Hi boys
Can someone explain the ''bounce back gain'' operation

Thank-u
carapis is offline Find More Posts by carapis
Old 01-17-2020, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by john911
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Mar 2009
294 Posts
Can someone tell how to do the basic radio setup.im using 2 alarons 2 elevators and one rudder and no throttle.my endpoints don't match my centers are off.
john911 is offline Find More Posts by john911
Last edited by john911; 01-18-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by john911
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Mar 2009
294 Posts
Nevermind read couple post up what I need to do
john911 is offline Find More Posts by john911
Old 04-08-2021, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by airborn900
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jun 2010
100 Posts
I am guilty of not reading this entire thread. I purchased a plane with an aura 12 probin it. The person I got it from is using a Spektrum receiver. I would like to change to FrSky as that is what I primarily fly. I was told the 12 has issues when used with FrSky protocol. Can anyone tell me if this is true. Also if I switch to FrSky will I be able to keep all the settings in the aura or will it need to be set up again?
airborn900 is offline Find More Posts by airborn900
Old 04-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2006
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborn900 View Post
I am guilty of not reading this entire thread. I purchased a plane with an aura 12 probin it. The person I got it from is using a Spektrum receiver. I would like to change to FrSky as that is what I primarily fly. I was told the 12 has issues when used with FrSky protocol. Can anyone tell me if this is true. Also if I switch to FrSky will I be able to keep all the settings in the aura or will it need to be set up again?
Nope, no issue. Make sure the Aura is up to date, use an SBUS RX, and follow the TX setup guidelines here:

http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura/FrSkyUse

You'll also have to change the RX type in the Aura Config Tool from whatever was used before to FrSky SBUS, but thats easy to do.
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Old 04-08-2021, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by airborn900
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jun 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
Nope, no issue. Make sure the Aura is up to date, use an SBUS RX, and follow the TX setup guidelines here:

http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura/FrSkyUse

You'll also have to change the RX type in the Aura Config Tool from whatever was used before to FrSky SBUS, but thats easy to do.
Excellent.

Thanks
airborn900 is offline Find More Posts by airborn900

Quick Reply