logo
Old 02-24-2021, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by LRFitch
United States, WA, West Richland
Joined Sep 2011
163 Posts
Discussion
Strange changes?

I have an old 1/4 scale version of an AirTractor 401-b, except the fuse has been totaled. The AT-401 was an ARF made in China about 14 years ago, and only about 10 were made (a whole nother story). The wing and tail feathers are in good shape, so would like to build a new and different fuse and make something quite strange. I'd like to build a "Swizzle Stik" type fuse of appropriate size and strength. The wing span is 164" including the width of the busted fuse, and the overall length of the fuse (from prop hub to end of rudder) is about 90", quite short coupled as is the full-size. The AT-401b model was powered with a 150cc gas twin. I'm thinking I might need to extend the length of the fuse a bit, but not sure that is a simple straight-forward move. What are your thoughts about such a build? Please be kind and helpful.

Larry
LRFitch is offline Find More Posts by LRFitch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,465 Posts
I think its a great idea. Extend the length to make a better flying plane. My friend is currently flying a discontinued model. Its a Fly Model Raven fuselage, wings and rudder and horizontal and elevators are off of a Aero Plus RC Edge 540. It is a 3D monster and fun to fly.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 02-25-2021, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by LRFitch
United States, WA, West Richland
Joined Sep 2011
163 Posts
Festivus, thanks for the response. Glad your friends turned out so well. Any idea how much added length would be appropriate?
LRFitch is offline Find More Posts by LRFitch

Quick Reply