Find More Posts by NavyGuy757
United States, OH, Tallmadge
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Discussion
how does this trade sound...

Thanks guys
NavyGuy757 is offline Find More Posts by NavyGuy757
Last edited by NavyGuy757; 10-24-2018 at 01:40 AM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Your choice. I wouldn’t, on paper it looks like they are getting the better deal but I have no way of knowing the condition of the airframes or equipment.

I do not buy sell or trade airframes or ever will.i have bought and sold the odd bit of onboard equipment and then retired the bare airframe to the barn you get about the same money anyway. I have looked at a few and have never been impressed with other people’s installion or build skills or equipment choices and they are almost always in need of a strip down and rebuild to meet my needs. And I am sure they feel that way about mine.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by brokenprops
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2014
787 Posts
might be interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuy757 View Post
THIS:

40 % 3W Extra 300 S
Engine: 3W 150 Twin Spark w/ 3W headers, canister tuned mufflers, Biela 32 x 10 CF prop, CF spinner. Smoke system
8 JR 8411's on ailerons and elevators
3 High Tech HS 5735 MG 1/4 scale servos on rudder
3W Power Box 40/24 System
Solid IMAC and 3D airplane, Very little flights < 50 total flights
Getting out of giant scale
Add RX, RX batteries and Fly.
asking 1500 dollars.

FOR.

carf extra 330, BME110. (standard mufers) 9 jr ds8611a servos. (actually 8, one is a nes something for throttle.
swb rudder tray that has 2 of the above servos(not additional just total of 9).
it has about a 102inch winspan.
no price, was offered in trade.

I just wanted to see how fair it was or if lopsided.

thanks for the input.
by chance wanna send me pics of what ur selling im looking for a 40%
brokenprops is offline Find More Posts by brokenprops
Old 10-19-2018, 05:52 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid Virago View Post
Your choice. I wouldn’t, on paper it looks like they are getting the better deal but I have no way of knowing the condition of the airframes or equipment.

I do not buy sell or trade airframes or ever will.i have bought and sold the odd bit of onboard equipment and then retired the bare airframe to the barn you get about the same money anyway. I have looked at a few and have never been impressed with other people’s installion or build skills or equipment choices and they are almost always in need of a strip down and rebuild to meet my needs. And I am sure they feel that way about mine.
Hahaha.....I totally agree. There is usually a dozen ways to do most things as far as placement of equipment or fuel proofing etc....but like you , I have seen some crazy ways of doing things. Unbelievable what some ppl think is good and others would laugh at. I actually saw a 40% plane at a swap meet with futaba 3004 servos in the wings..... seriously
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 10-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:

who's getting the better deal? person getting the carf 100cc. r the 40%?
Old 10-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprops View Post
by chance wanna send me pics of what ur selling im looking for a 40%
I'm,the one with a few carf airframes. some with motors..
the only 40 percent I had was a yak 55sp. I beki5 was set up for a 200cc. maybe 170.

it's a carf. only needs the canopy plastic replaced/repaired.

an extra bit of info I hid back to keep it unbiased.

the person giving the 4o% is also driving 8 hours and no cash involved. so the carf owner is saving driving time.

the each have their fair share of wear and tear, the carf also needs a few small parts like a wing controk horn replaced, and some screws for cowl etc.

the 40% I'd be getting. looks set up fairly ok. it was on 72mhz tho. but obviously a different rx I could put in.

it also had a minor crack in the fuse (it's fiberglass) but was supposed repaired I'll see when he gets here) didn't look to bad but fiberglass isn't to hard to repair.

the carf needs a controk horn un epoxied and replaced as it's broke. missing a servos cover. (easily redone) has a few small chips out of the fiberglass near the sharp edge of the inside of the bottom part of the aileron.
but mostly just fine.

no spinner or prop. does have most of the control linkages. for the most part. decent shape tho. it's a 102ish inch 100cc Carf airframe. the bme110 with ignition is mounted to it. but unsure if it runs etc. but that's still a pricey engine? what so you think a new one costs? used?

the servos included are a tad old but still better torque than the ones on the 40% plane. but the 40% does have a few more. like 12 or 13 including the throttle servo.
Last edited by NavyGuy757; 10-19-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
some pics of the 40% extra.

I'll also upload a few pics the carf.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:

so why not buy or sell / trade airframes? just curious.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:53 AM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuy757 View Post
so why not buy or sell / trade airframes? just curious.
She said because of the way other ppl build was not always up to her liking( standards). Most planes. Could simply be gone thru and cleaned up to satisfy your own personal preference but there are ppl out there that butcher planes. I recently got a used rtf plane from a guy because he didn't like how it flew. I went through it and found so many things wrong it's a wonder it hadn't all ready been rekitted. The one setup thing I was surprised about was the linkage on the stabs was 1/4 inch longer from ball link to ball link on the left stab than the right....no wonder it flew poorly. Most things are just preference but some are just wrong
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 10-19-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy082662 View Post
She said because of the way other ppl build was not always up to her liking( standards). Most planes. Could simply be gone thru and cleaned up to satisfy your own personal preference but there are ppl out there that butcher planes. I recently got a used rtf plane from a guy because he didn't like how it flew. I went through it and found so many things wrong it's a wonder it hadn't all ready been rekitted. The one setup thing I was surprised about was the linkage on the stabs was 1/4 inch longer from ball link to ball link on the left stab than the right....no wonder it flew poorly. Most things are just preference but some are just wrong

true, I just wouldn't buy a hack job lol.

what do you think about the trade overall tho? which deal is better?
Old 10-19-2018, 10:19 AM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
I can't make that call without seeing them in person...sorry....
Old 10-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by AeroKen
Joined Apr 2015
244 Posts
If you get rid of something you don’t want and end up with something you do want, isn’t that already a pretty good deal, regardless of the exact values involved?
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen

Quick Reply