logo
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by dchass
Flyin' Around
United States, LA, Slidell
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
come to r feild on sundays Im down for it . North shore rc club . we have a few of us with some 40%ers . the other guys go on different days because they dont care for it . My buddies and I wure talking about checking out yall hammond guys. we will be have a big bird flyin coming . My friends And I have to discuss the dates . u dont like the Dle 170. mine been nice to me sofar
dchass is offline Find More Posts by dchass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Find More Posts by antique
older than dirt,
United States, AZ, Williams
Joined Aug 2007
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
Lets keep quiet about the zdz 180 so they don't sell out again before I have a chance to order one. K thanks.
.Wreckless Racing bought 3 or 4 ZDZ 180s to use in our new race planes...The new plan is to CNC some new crankcases to use the excellent cranks and cylinder assemblies...The new cases will be stronger, lighter, and will have huge intakes. And being made in Flagstaff Arizona will have SAE grade 8 fasteners holding all the pieces together...The name CNC engraved on the cases will be BCC, stands for Billet Composite Components...Best of both worlds..
We also have 4 210s customized, but the 180s are almost as powerful and much lighter...
antique is offline Find More Posts by antique
Old 12-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Find More Posts by drewbags
Uber Contributor
Norwich, UK
Joined Mar 2006
502 Posts
Have a DA150 and a DLE170; happy with both engines
drewbags is offline Find More Posts by drewbags
Old 12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
@dchass, where is y'all field at now. i heard yall lost the field during katrina and moved it to mississippi.

oh, i dont dislike the DLE, never owned one........i am however in love with the zdz-180. dont own one but have flown one and been around one. i think they have the zdz's perfected!!!!! i cant say enough about how that thing runs. perfect transition, throttle response is like a single on cans. pulls a 40+ lb plane out of a hover like its a foamy. no exxageration, they are BAD ASS!!!!
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Last edited by planecajun; 12-09-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by dchass
Flyin' Around
United States, LA, Slidell
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
We r 4miles past micneal ext . it is the millard exit take a left off the exit go down about 2 mile take a right on HY 11 and at the top of the third hump take a left in the second drive way. a little red graval road . We would love to fly with some other big birds . WE have our christmas party to night and meeting . And we will be brining up the fact that we r going to have a big bird flyin an were going to invite some other clubs or people that love these big girls as much as us. My
name is Danny . maybe we can get together a few of us and go flying 1 day
dchass is offline Find More Posts by dchass
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Find More Posts by beege
Flyin' Around
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
Antique, are you going to a reed valve on the new cases? Those cylinders are bad ass!
beege is offline Find More Posts by beege
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Want to sell them suck azz dle 170 cheap ??? how about it. You know they ain't worth a fruck. Offer ya $ 200 bucks apiece for em sucky engines.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Its going to be returned to tower for a full refund, I'm not in the business of taking a loss on manufacturer defects.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
older than dirt,
Joined Aug 2007
2,076 Posts
beege---Just talked to the guru, the new cases will be reed valve with a big motorcycle reed valve..Easier to make reed cases so the rear half can be closed....The ZDZ cylinders have the best porting of all the cylinders we know of...Because the cases are machined from solid they can be made as light as possible and still be strong...I am in awe every time I go to the shop and see the operation in motion, and the programming that goes into it...It's almost magic
Old 12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by beege
Flyin' Around
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
will those cases be available, or keeping in house? I am just getting into the little gassers, but those cylinders put others ive seen to shame. Should be scream on top with the big valve. The programing is everything, a friendof mine has a nice cnc that I could bring home. Only problem is niether of us know how to write the programs lol.
beege is offline Find More Posts by beege
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
older than dirt,
Joined Aug 2007
2,076 Posts
Not sure, he's making a few this week, I can check....
Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Gimmie the sticks-I'll fly it.
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Dec 2012
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
We can call it the "weekend crashers huckfest tour" coming to a field near you, but you wont know it until its too late.

Nice.... any way ya'll can come play wit me at my local fog field? Funny thing about all that you guys are saying is this.... we can have a couple of the constant crashers.... (I call 'em cc'ers)...... crash in the pits, nearly taking other pilots' heads off, crashing within inches of others planes and such on a repeated bases. You know these guys....can't fly a plane to save their soules. Yet they're allowed to continue to fly. But oh, watch out. The huckers are dangerous. Ummm...something wrong with this picture. I am extending an open invitation for all you big gas plane guys. Come on up...we'll have ourselves a hell of a huckfest to simply give the fog's heart attacks.
Stangflyer is offline Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by RICHMATH
FLYEMBIG
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2014
783 Posts
Ya, I got a DLE-170 on my Gee Bee R-3 104 inch. I havnt been able to get a good tune out of it either. Sounds bad on the low end and dosnt respond linear from 1/4 throttle to 1/2. I wont buy another DLE. I'll just spend the extra on a reliable DA.

r
RICHMATH is offline Find More Posts by RICHMATH
Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by chaikiun
Kuching,Sarawak,Malaysia
Joined Nov 2006
65 Posts
If you can afford da why the heck you try dle? Dle are for people like me who are yet to afford da.
chaikiun is offline Find More Posts by chaikiun
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 AM
terryscustom
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while terryscustom edits it.

Quick Reply