logo
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2014, 09:11 PM
wylieruneyjr is offline
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
wylieruneyjr's Avatar
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
I've had 4 DLE 170's. Only two now. Of the Four, one was a dud, two are sweet, and one is just okay. I kept the dud, cause I didn't feel right selling it, and changed ignition+ carb. It fly's , but not like my sweet one. Wish I had kept the other sweet one cause it was a monster of an engine.

My 3W is by far better than anything else I;ve owned. Just saying

RutnBuc
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Glyder is offline
Find More Posts by Glyder
Registered User
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Sep 2011
873 Posts
DLEs arent getting manufactured by people workin for a daily bowl of rice. Anybody knows Chinas not the China of old. Their standard of living and economys on the rise and ours is the one in the toilet.
All these DLE haters got no problem flying all there EF,3D,Pilot, etc... Chinese,Vietnamese,etc.. manufactured planes,radios,servos,etc. though.
Glyder is offline Find More Posts by Glyder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 PM
ericb is offline
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
ericb's Avatar
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceH View Post
Wasn't me. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

Not on this site.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM
terryscustom is offline
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
terryscustom's Avatar
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,921 Posts
For the record the post the someone reported, I was simply stating that the statements about people who own DLE's are just those that can't yet afford DA's was bogus and completely false.

I love my collection of DA's and my DLE's are serving me well.

I refuse to edit my original post so I guess I'm a couple points closer to never coming back to this site.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 PM
robbinsp is offline
Find More Posts by robbinsp
Registered User
robbinsp's Avatar
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Sep 2009
3,344 Posts
You won't be alone if the bs doesn't stop.
robbinsp is offline Find More Posts by robbinsp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM
kkrogh is offline
Find More Posts by kkrogh
Registered User
kkrogh's Avatar
dickinson, NORTH DAKOTA
Joined Jan 2006
708 Posts
Dido
kkrogh is offline Find More Posts by kkrogh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 05:57 AM
henry b is offline
Find More Posts by henry b
self sponsored pilot
henry b's Avatar
United States, PA, West Grove
Joined Dec 2006
680 Posts
Hey gizmo, be a man I am the fan boy you are talking about .Say my name I can handle it and I stand by my claims . why don't you mention all the money and time you had to put into your engines to make them fly right . the only time I needed DA support is when I crashed it . also when I need help or advice there is always a factory man on the other end of the phone . I don't only look at price I look at the total package the proof is in the pudding . DA is not a fortune cookie you don't have to break it to find out what is inside. If that is not enough I will always support an American company that makes a superior product over a company that uses 10 dollar a day slave labor that makes an ok engine. I have no problems with other engines on the market, there are a lot of great ones . FLy what you want but if your fortune cookie is not running don't come to me for advice I already gave it to you. ask garret how he likes his seized up fortune cookie. funny how his DA flew the whole show after the cookie crumbled. ask pete and dave how their 15 year old 150 is running . Other than service, very well . I am a fan boy I guess . Until I am let down by the companies that take care of me I will continue to be one , and proud to spread the word of a great product whatever it may be.
henry b is offline Find More Posts by henry b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Pistolera is offline
Find More Posts by Pistolera
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
4,242 Posts
+1000 Henry
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Robotech is offline
Find More Posts by Robotech
Registered User
Robotech's Avatar
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
For the record the post the someone reported, I was simply stating that the statements about people who own DLE's are just those that can't yet afford DA's was bogus and completely false.

I love my collection of DA's and my DLE's are serving me well.

I refuse to edit my original post so I guess I'm a couple points closer to never coming back to this site.
I cannot figure out why someone would get so butt hurt to report you but probably it was over the reference to bovine excrement rather than the content of the post.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 09:35 AM
FGNewbie is online now
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Registered User
FGNewbie's Avatar
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
4,206 Posts
I never read the post in question but it will be a loss to fg if we lose terry.

what I don't understand is the energy people put in to the DLE vs DA nonsense. We benefit from the presence of both companies. I have a dle 55, 111, and a DA 150. I've been around many of both and refuse to be drawn into such a stupid debate as to which is better or why. I'd rather go fly.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 09:44 AM
terryscustom is offline
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
terryscustom's Avatar
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I cannot figure out why someone would get so butt hurt to report you but probably it was over the reference to bovine excrement rather than the content of the post.
LOL, I thought it was a good analogy, no?
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Robotech is offline
Find More Posts by Robotech
Registered User
Robotech's Avatar
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
LOL, I thought it was a good analogy, no?
Yes it was.

I said Butt-hurt and got away with it.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
MaceH is offline
Find More Posts by MaceH
DA rocks
MaceH's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
I never read the post in question but it will be a loss to fg if we lose terry.

what I don't understand is the energy people put in to the DLE vs DA nonsense. We benefit from the presence of both companies. I have a dle 55, 111, and a DA 150. I've been around many of both and refuse to be drawn into such a stupid debate as to which is better or why. I'd rather go fly.

Yup. Mostly.

My DLEs are doing well... and glad DLE makes stuff... my 30 is crazy strong, fortunately well behaved out of the box. My DLE vs DA issue is, I wish DA made all those smaller sizes. Seems like every time I go to reengine something, something about the smaller ones has changed, or they just are orphaned.

But head to head on same size, there are things to consider DLE vs DA.
MaceH is offline Find More Posts by MaceH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 10:53 AM
MaceH is offline
Find More Posts by MaceH
DA rocks
MaceH's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
Not on this site.

I think I only get actually offended is when some curses ME, in print. Can't be anything on this site that calls for that. Get mad, then chill, then write.

But yeah, all told, it appears that its only the sponsors that matter, not the folks buying their crap.
MaceH is offline Find More Posts by MaceH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 AM
boggintuff is offline
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
boggintuff's Avatar
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry b View Post
Hey gizmo, be a man I am the fan boy you are talking about .Say my name I can handle it and I stand by my claims . why don't you mention all the money and time you had to put into your engines to make them fly right . the only time I needed DA support is when I crashed it . also when I need help or advice there is always a factory man on the other end of the phone . I don't only look at price I look at the total package the proof is in the pudding . DA is not a fortune cookie you don't have to break it to find out what is inside. If that is not enough I will always support an American company that makes a superior product over a company that uses 10 dollar a day slave labor that makes an ok engine. I have no problems with other engines on the market, there are a lot of great ones . FLy what you want but if your fortune cookie is not running don't come to me for advice I already gave it to you. ask garret how he likes his seized up fortune cookie. funny how his DA flew the whole show after the cookie crumbled. ask pete and dave how their 15 year old 150 is running . Other than service, very well . I am a fan boy I guess . Until I am let down by the companies that take care of me I will continue to be one , and proud to spread the word of a great product whatever it may be.
Funny I have yet to have any of the 5 DLE's Ive owned repaired....ever
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools