logo
This thread is privately moderated by Midwest_tuna, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by Midwest_tuna
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Dec 2015
23 Posts
Discussion
Servo flutter

I just completed the build of a PAU Sukhoi. Part of that build was the installation of MKS 777A+ servos on all the control surfaces. Upon completion of the installation I noticed a slight flutter in the elevator servos particularly when I switched from high rates to low rates or if I moved the trx sticks rapidly. After consultation with the techie at MKS he advised that the problem was caused by poor quality servo extensions even though the extensions used were heavy gauge. The issue is not the gauge of the wire, rather the alloy of the steel contained therein. This becomes increasingly important as the extensions get longer such as elevator servos in the tail of the plane. Today’s high frame rate high speed servos require a very clean signal, especially when Spektrum Power Safe receivers are in use. Additionally, Spektrum recommends that signal boosters not be used. MKS recommend the use of a superior quality servo extensions such as the ones offered by Power Box systems. I ordered them from Horizon (available also from Chief Aircraft), installed them on the elevator servos and the servo flutter problem went away. I am now in the process of replacing the wing servo extensions with Power Box (German made) extensions.
Midwest_tuna is offline Find More Posts by Midwest_tuna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-13-2019, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Also, Spektrum released a firmware update to help deal with that just a few weeks ago.

Change Log Version 1.6.45
 Fixed a Servo jitter issue that was only seen on some servos.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 06-17-2019, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by orthobird
I used to hammer at 1500 feet
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
9,044 Posts
I had the same issue, was told the same thing, and then tried it, and it fixed the problem for me. I really like those PowerBox servo extensions. And, as an added benefit, they weigh less too!
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird

Quick Reply