logo
Old 05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,575 Posts
What were you thinkin man!! Lol.. That is an expensive lesson.. Nice setup on the field tho... SICK!!!
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by boss5horse
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewooster View Post
Just curious, how are you able to run a 6 channel Rx on a 100c plane? Were you using y connectors....hmmmm
yes we used y's on it. That's the only way it worked. I use a DX9 now with 9chanel RX's. I will never do another set up like that again.
boss5horse is offline Find More Posts by boss5horse
Old 05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
What were you thinkin man!! Lol.. That is an expensive lesson.. Nice setup on the field tho... SICK!!!
Thanks on the words on the field. Now, Someone else suggest I set it up like that because that's the way a bunch of our other planes were set up. But none with the 7955 Servo's and on top of that dual aileron Servo's. Not good. And the second one went down for other reasons. Although it was set up exactly right too. I've learned my lesson for sure.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Mar 2011
594 Posts
Heck I may even sell the 7955 Servo's and get less expensive ones for this build

I did the less expensive servos on my Yak, wish i had not done that. They were showing signs of wear n tear earlier than i hoped. Just spent a good chunk of more money buying the 7955s that i should've put in to begin with.
Shovelhead FLH is offline Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
Old 05-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhead FLH View Post
Heck I may even sell the 7955 Servo's and get less expensive ones for this build

I did the less expensive servos on my Yak, wish i had not done that. They were showing signs of wear n tear earlier than i hoped. Just spent a good chunk of more money buying the 7955s that i should've put in to begin with.
How are you setting it up with them?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by felker14
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Feb 2007
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss5horse View Post
Yea. The signal was lost and regained and lost about 5 times. The last time it regained signal it was in knife edge and downward angle and no stopping it. I sent the RX in for test and checked good. Put it in a small electric plane and it's doing great. I only had 1 pack onboard. But it was fully charged. My thought is the HS 7955 Servo's sucking the life out of the pack. But when it went in first thing I took to crash site was my voltage checker and the pack read 8.17 volts. So I'm worried if that or not but I think it's just the plain fact the receiver couldn't handle the current draw. I'm switching gears on new one and going to use double bat set up now and see how that path works. I just canceled my life pack order so back to searching for best packs to use.
Here is great battery pack option for you. http://hangtimes.com/a123_packs.html
felker14 is offline Find More Posts by felker14
Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,575 Posts
Do yourself a favor... Spend 160 bux on a redundent reciever with 3 if not 4 satellites.. And take that out of the formula man.. And i always run my ignition box upfront with the motor wrapped in foam.. Also Fromeco makes really nice switches and batt. Li ion is what i like to run.. They last all day and then some!
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 05-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Mar 2011
594 Posts

Well, tad bit ol school. Using a smart fly power expander to the 9 servos and plenty battery power
Shovelhead FLH is offline Find More Posts by Shovelhead FLH
Old 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
I would always run dual rx packs on a 100cc airplane, one pack won't cut it. I personally use 2 Fromeco 2S 5200 packs with a Wolverine switch, and my Wolverine switch has 4 total rx outputs on it in order to share the load as best as possible (2 receivers). The 7955 will draw somewhere around 3 amps when under a normal load, so given you have probably 7 of them, you can figure out how much they will actually draw (full stall is ~5 amps).

Put a 20 amp load on a single pack (especially if it's old) and you may find that it will sag pretty low. We run 2 packs not only for increased redundancy but also to help share the loads.

I would also recommend using at least 1 channel per servo.

That's just my recommendation, take it for what it's worth
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 05-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by Eboyles
United States, NY, Smallwood
Joined Sep 2011
43 Posts
Dope still have the landing gear interested in buying them if they aren't in bad shape
Eboyles is offline Find More Posts by Eboyles
Old 05-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:

How are you setting your up? Servos, RX packs
Old 05-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboyles View Post
Dope still have the landing gear interested in buying them if they aren't in bad shape
Yes I still have them. I have the brand new complete landing gear still. Never used. The CF landing gear is good accept wheel pants. They didn't make it. Which are you referring to?
Old 05-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Sorry. Been real busy so I never seen the message until today. I replied back today. My email is
Boss5horse@yahoo.com and my cell# is
512-789-3859. You can text me if you like. That's the easiest thing. Either way thanks
Old 05-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
I would always run dual rx packs on a 100cc airplane, one pack won't cut it. I personally use 2 Fromeco 2S 5200 packs with a Wolverine switch, and my Wolverine switch has 4 total rx outputs on it in order to share the load as best as possible (2 receivers). The 7955 will draw somewhere around 3 amps when under a normal load, so given you have probably 7 of them, you can figure out how much they will actually draw (full stall is ~5 amps).

Put a 20 amp load on a single pack (especially if it's old) and you may find that it will sag pretty low. We run 2 packs not only for increased redundancy but also to help share the loads.

I would also recommend using at least 1 channel per servo.

That's just my recommendation, take it for what it's worth
Yea all that did happen. Thanks for the advice. My new one will have dual 5000mah packs on a Spektrum Power Safe RX.
Last edited by boss5horse; 05-08-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Joined Feb 2016
221 Posts
Quote:

Well, tad bit ol school. Using a smart fly power expander to the 9 servos and plenty battery power
That's a good setup. But that is new school to me though. I had that setup on my second plane that went down but from other reasons. The smart fly worked great though.

Quick Reply