logo
Old 12-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Discussion
BajaHobbyUsa Arowana Jet. Affordable full composite 60-100N jet.

I have been dealing with Peter Liu for a few years, he is nice guy and recently decided to enter the hobby business.

They will be releasing their own line of sport and scale jets and will concentrate on keeping prices low and offering good value for people looking to get into R/C jets.

I had a jetcat p-70 lying around and BajaHobbyUsa's 1.7m sport jet Arowana seemed like it would be a nice home for it.

This jet comes PNP, meaning it already has all the electronics, servos, retracts, and even fuel system installed from the factory.

It even includes a power distribution system that works with Futaba/FRsky and any other system that is compatible with S.Bus.

So this isn't as much of a build thread as it is a getting ready thread.

Here are the main things I had to do with this jet:

install the turbine (required opening up the rails a bit, about 1/4 inch on each side, will fit a 60N engine with no enlargement.

The p-70 is a longer turbine so the pipe was moved back about 3/4 inch to allow for proper clearance, again would not be needed for a smaller turbine or some of these new small 80N engines.

I replaced the clear fuel tubing with tygon tube, also leak tested and flushed out both the main 1.5 liter tank and the mini airtrap (their was some plastic debri inside so this is a must.

The plane did not have a vent, instead it just had a vent tube dangling around. This was replaced with a BVM flush vent fitting. Looks much nicer now.

The servos appear to be adequate, they are digital but not coreless. For the left aileron and elevators I had to remove the arm and re-position as it was off center and would require too much sub trim to center.

For power distribution the dual sky shub 18 is a nice little unit, is supports dual rx input (redudancy) and also features 18 servo output. I will be running just 1 rx to keep things simple.

The landing gear are JP and work great, they are fast and reliable, they share power form the same battery as the rx.

I am using 2x pulse 5000 rx batteries, 1 is for the rx/gear while the other is for the turbine.

I needed 2 oz of lead weight in the nose to balance, again if using a smaller turbine you may not need the nose weight.

Overall its looking good for a maiden on Saturday. Pretty impressive for a full composite Jet that only cost $1,900.00 delivered.

https://bajahobbyusa.com/photo?olsPa...-sport-jet-pnp
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
As for size it is a tad smaller than the BVM bandit and larger than the BVM electra. It should fit inside a short bed truck.

I took a picture comparing it to some wings from an electra jet.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply