logo
Old 12-17-2019, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Joined Feb 2008
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Are you absolutely positive that you set the mounting orientation to exactly match how the Cortex is installed in your Slick ? Can you post a picture of how it's installed. in the aircraft.

You say you get rudder and elevator interaction when you manually roll the airplane, what about the other axis. If you set the plane on it's gear and simply move the tail left/right does ONLY the rudder respond or do you get Ailerons too ? Same for elevator, if you rock the nose forward on the landing gear does it give up elevator or do you get interactions with other controls. If it's only the aileron and you have the gain cranked up so you can easily see control movement then you're probably simply not imputing pure roll and are also slightly yawing and pitching the plane too which causes the rudder end elevator to move as well.
I may not have had the Cortex mounted solidly enough. I am in the process of rectifying that and will know tomorrow after my new mount drys. I've cut out a small piece of Lexon and epoxying that to area where I'm putting the Gyro. Will follow up with results tomorrow. Thanks for every ones help.
gohighflyrc is offline Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Joined Feb 2008
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohighflyrc View Post
I may not have had the Cortex mounted solidly enough. I am in the process of rectifying that and will know tomorrow after my new mount drys. I've cut out a small piece of Lexon and epoxying that to area where I'm putting the Gyro. Will follow up with results tomorrow. Thanks for every ones help.
All is well! -- Cortex is functioning as it should -
gohighflyrc is offline Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Old 12-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,697 Posts
Love those happy endings!

Nice job persevering through it all.
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks

Quick Reply