logo
Old 06-24-2023, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by Striker
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2007
178 Posts
Yea, I think I will go with the 24oz. Hard to determine an average since we all fly differently, I do a mix of 3D and IMMAC maneuvers.

First couple of flights will be short anyways so it's a good way to determine fuel consumption.

On a new plane, I fly for 5 to 7 mins, trimming and doing some basic pulls, land and go over the entire plane, fly another 5 to 7 mins and after that 10 to 12 mins. This will give me a good opportunity to see how the fuel burns with time.

It will get better as the engine breaks in and after she is leaned out a bit.

Cheers.
Striker is offline Find More Posts by Striker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-15-2023, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by Rifat
Instagram #3dholicpilot
Turkey
Joined Jan 2006
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlydon View Post
FYI - ran across a thread the other day, guy was saying that in starting GP engines, don’t flip ‘till it pops on choke - just flip 3 times, then open choke and start, that otherwise it kicks back, carb is over-wet. Makes sense to me, given my experience. Bad weather for the next week, will try it when I fly again.

Btw - the falcon 22x10 3 blade showed up - it’s actually a few grams lighter than the 24x9 2 blade, which was rather surprising - a mej 25x12 3b is a few hundred grams heavier than the equivalent 27x10 2 blade.....

It will be a while before I try it - waiting on a second gp76 for the ship that will use the 3 blade, and I don’t have a 3 blade spinner for the ship I’m running the 24x9 on.....

Matt
Any feedback for the 3 blade prop and performance ?
Rifat is offline Find More Posts by Rifat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply