Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Find More Posts by GalenB
Hard Corps!
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined Feb 2006
197 Posts
IMAC Day at the Museuem Flight

Greetings NW IMACers,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and now I need to introduce myself and ask for your help.

My name is Galen Barbee and I've been hanging around, but not competing much, with the NW IMACers that gather in Snohomish at Cascade Family Airpark. I am hoping to find the time this year to attend more than my average of one contest, but my demanding job has a way of getting in the way. If I'm able to make some contests this year I hope to meet many of you in person.

Now -- onto why I need your help. Bruce has asked me to lead/cooridnate/cat herd/etc the IMAC Day at the Museum of Flight in Seattle on March 28th. For more detailed information here is the link to the flyer that Bruce put together on the IMACNW site:

http://www.imacnw.com/pg_content_fil...flt_flyer.html

We did a similar event two years ago that was very well received by the public and everyone had a great time. If you'd like to come and represent IMAC, show off your aircraft (IMAC planes and anything else of which you are proud), and hang out at the Museum of Flight (for free!) please contact me at gdbarbee@msn.com.
GalenB is offline Find More Posts by GalenB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Flyfalcons
Hero to the masses
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts
Re: IMAC Day at the Museuem Flight

Come on guys, I'm in, who else is going to help me?
Flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by Flyfalcons
Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by Scrima
Nordic coolness
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Jul 2006
399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
Come on guys, I'm in, who else is going to help me?
I'm in fa shizzle.
Scrima is offline Find More Posts by Scrima
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Hero to the masses
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts

Good to hear, Scrima! It'll be nice to meet you there. Hopefully we'll get lots of participation so I won't have to display my GLIDER :aa: haha.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by Scrima
Nordic coolness
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Jul 2006
399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
Good to hear, Scrima! It'll be nice to meet you there. Hopefully we'll get lots of participation so I won't have to display my GLIDER :aa: haha.
Will be good to meet you too and the rest of the IMAC'ers!

Dang and I was gonna bring my sweet STUNT plane that will own all competition this season:

Name: Stuntflyer2-200v.jpg
Views: 127
Size: 7.5 KB
Description:
Scrima is offline Find More Posts by Scrima
Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Hero to the masses
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts

Then again maybe more people would show up if they knew I wasn't going to be there........
Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Hard Corps!
Joined Feb 2006
197 Posts

Thanks to the few who volunteered for this event. Unfortunately there weren't enough volunteers for me to commit to the Museum so we have canceled the event.

If we happen to try this again in the future I want to get 12 or more committed people to make the event a success. This will provide enough aircraft to fill the space, and allow some excess capacity so that when there cancellations we can still put on a good display. We all have busy lives and other commitments besides IMAC and sometimes they have to come first so I have to plan for that.

I am hoping that we can approach the museum one more time for an event at the end of the IMAC season. This will allow for discussions about the event at the contests throughtout the season hopefully build some excitement and support for the event. I also think that treating this event like the final contest of the season will help people plan it into their schedules and that will allow for more participation.

What do you think of this idea?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Hero to the masses
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts

I think it's a great idea, Galen. Any time is a good time to promote our hobby, so if I can make the next scheduled Museum show then I will be there.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by USN_POPS
Seasoned Veteran
Enumclaw, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
296 Posts

Hi and welcome to the Northwest, and The plateau in particular. Neat place to live, and you are only about 5 miles from the RAMS flying field.
We would welcome you to our club, and our field. For information you can go to our website and get the full scoop.

http://seattlerams.com
USN_POPS is offline Find More Posts by USN_POPS
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Hard Corps!
Joined Feb 2006
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_POPS View Post
Hi and welcome to the Northwest, and The plateau in particular. Neat place to live, and you are only about 5 miles from the RAMS flying field.
We would welcome you to our club, and our field. For information you can go to our website and get the full scoop.

http://seattlerams.com
Hi Pops -- are you welcoming me? If you are I appreciate your kind thoughts, but I'm not a newcomer to the area. I've lived in King county since 1965, and I graduated from Enumclaw HS in 1980. It's been years since I've been back to Enumclaw... My parents moved to Gig Harbor in 1990 or so, so there has been little reason to go back and visit...

Right now I do most of my flying in Snohomish at Cascade Family Airpark. It is one of the nicest places to fly in the state. It has beautiful scenery and wildlife, and the long wide runway doesn't hurt either!

Once again -- if the Museum will give us another shot at an event I would really like to show them some strong NW IMAC support!

TIA!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Hero to the masses
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts

Galen, I think Dick accidentally responded here to the other "just moved here" thread. I may have to get Dan to drag me up to Cascade some time soon, you guys have a great flying field up there.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Find More Posts by USN_POPS
Seasoned Veteran
Enumclaw, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenB View Post
Hi Pops -- are you welcoming me? If you are I appreciate your kind thoughts, but I'm not a newcomer to the area. I've lived in King county since 1965, and I graduated from Enumclaw HS in 1980. It's been years since I've been back to Enumclaw... My parents moved to Gig Harbor in 1990 or so, so there has been little reason to go back and visit...

Right now I do most of my flying in Snohomish at Cascade Family Airpark. It is one of the nicest places to fly in the state. It has beautiful scenery and wildlife, and the long wide runway doesn't hurt either!

Once again -- if the Museum will give us another shot at an event I would really like to show them some strong NW IMAC support!

TIA!
No! Not you my friend - the newbie that has just moved back to Bonney Lake. Not sure how it got here. My mistake I suspect.
Been to the Cascade Park a number of times, and you are right on. It's a great place to fly, as the RAMS field was until about a year ago. Not as competitor, at 76 my reaction times are somewhat reduced, so sport only now.
Agreed to the Museum thing. It was a great showing the year I attended with the IMAC crowd. But that was then, and this being now, there seems to be a lack of interest in promotion of the hobby in general. IMHO of course.
USN_POPS is offline Find More Posts by USN_POPS

Quick Reply