logo
Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by williey78
United States, SC, Camden
Joined Feb 2014
35 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 14sg flap to elevator mix......can't delay elevator

Hi all....I'm trying to set up a new plane on my 14sg. I have mixed the flaps and elevator but I put a delay on my flaps so they just won't snap down. I don't see any way to put a delay on the elevator. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

William
williey78 is offline Find More Posts by williey78
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Joined Mar 2013
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williey78 View Post
Hi all....I'm trying to set up a new plane on my 14sg. I have mixed the flaps and elevator but I put a delay on my flaps so they just won't snap down. I don't see any way to put a delay on the elevator. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

William
In Airplane Model type a simple solution is to use the Airbrake Function (in Model Menu). This allows you to assign a switch, travel values to flaps, elevators and ailerons (if required) and to set a travel speed for each. Its limitation is that it only gives a single lowered position though, for many models, this is all that is required. If you are going to use Airbrake you need to remove any flap-related programming you have already done to avoid conflicts.

The 14SG is quite sophisticated so there are several ways of handling flaps. It all depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve. To obtain the greatest flexibility you can programme using Glider Model type
MalcolmHolt is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Joined Feb 2014
35 Posts
Thank you Malcolm, I wanted to set it up so that I have two flap positions. I ordered your book last night and read about assigning the throttle as master with a delay in pmix. Do you think this will work?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Joined Mar 2013
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williey78 View Post
Thank you Malcolm, I wanted to set it up so that I have two flap positions. I ordered your book last night and read about assigning the throttle as master with a delay in pmix. Do you think this will work?
Yes, that method works fine though it does seem a bit ridiculous that Futaba make us jump through such hoops to achieve something fairly basic.

The Glider programming on the 14SG is much more powerful and can be used with power models. If you fly I/C you do lose some features though most can easily be replaced with PMixes. For electric models I would always use Glider mode. The only disadvantage is that there is a slightly steeper learning curve if you are new to the radio.

You should find the answer to most questions in the book but, if you need more help, please ask.
MalcolmHolt is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old 05-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Joined Feb 2014
35 Posts
Thank you for your help Malcolm. I did get everything set up using the throttle channel method and it works great. This is the first model I've owned that I've had to do anything but your basic mixes on as all my other models are aerobatic planes without flaps and so forth. Your book was instrumental in helping me get it set up and I would recommend it to anyone with a 14sg. I have been setting up a "practice" model in the glider menu so I can familiarize myself with that programming. Thank you again!
Old 11-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by kencz
United States, FL, Englewood
Joined Aug 2008
297 Posts
Subscibed
kencz is online now Find More Posts by kencz
Old 11-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencz View Post
Subscibed
Forgot to mention in the other threads to look at Malcolm's book. The camber menu works well too. Not sure what the issues were that are having with the mixing.

Bill
A.K.A SilentAV8R
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge

Quick Reply