logo
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Gerber, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,506 Posts
Re: Our future....????

It is pretty interesting that Obama is wearing a lapel flag tonight... and McCain isn't!

I think John is boiling inside... he's about to blow up.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, KY, Fort Mitchell
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

It's over. McCain just sucks as a debator and politician. You can't be a "nice guy" and run for President.
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

OMG...it's so clear now...McCain talks politically ....OBummer talks in retard. The USA is full of retards. God help the rest of us.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
Yeah, except this time, its the President!
Yep...and he's going to rob you blind.

Stick em up!!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,506 Posts

No doubt.

I mentioned it earlier... when we find out just who the money is behind his campaign, I think America is going to be in for a rude awakening.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven View Post
OMG...it's so clear now...McCain talks politically ....OBummer talks in retard. The USA is full of retards. God help the rest of us.
LOL!!

God help us get it ..."RIGHT"

A good time to spare the horses unsticking that wagon.
jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone
Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
That knock on your door in 5 minutes will be the secret service!
The Secret Service, you say?
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Meatshield View Post
The Secret Service, you say?
This action would be an Obamanation!
jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone
Old 10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Joined Feb 2006
10,849 Posts

Mind as well come get me too.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
La Jolla, CA USA
Joined Oct 2006
2,715 Posts

Just watched the debate. Not a good performance by McCain. We find ourselves in a situation where we need a really bright guy in the oval office. To use a metaphor that comes to my mind, we need someone who has the multi level thinking, and subtlety of execution of a chess player. Bush has been more like a bad checker player. The simple minded thinking of the Bush administration has produced horrible results. After watching McCain, I'm not sure he could even manage a good game of checkers. I'm not in agreement with many of Obama's views, but he is bright and effective. With McCain the only game we can play is "Go Fish". Too bad.......
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

We've lost Bwana
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by MeanGene
Gettin' Lower!
Imperial, CA
Joined Dec 2006
89 Posts

i don't like either one but i'm going to vote for the one who will do the least damage to this country.
MeanGene is offline Find More Posts by MeanGene
Old 10-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
Just watched the debate. Not a good performance by McCain. We find ourselves in a situation where we need a really bright guy in the oval office. To use a metaphor that comes to my mind, we need someone who has the multi level thinking, and subtlety of execution of a chess player. Bush has been more like a bad checker player. The simple minded thinking of the Bush administration has produced horrible results. After watching McCain, I'm not sure he could even manage a good game of checkers. I'm not in agreement with many of Obama's views, but he is bright and effective. With McCain the only game we can play is "Go Fish". Too bad.......
While I understand your point that McCain didn't do all that well, I'll tell you what I wanted to see from him

1) Mention you were going to go after Wall street and Congress/Senate for the economic misdeeds. Also if you plan to buy a home from someone that "couldn't" afford it, any profit from the owner selling that house goes back to pay off the $700B.....You get to stay in your house at a rate you can afford but you don't get to profit because you couldn't live within your means.

2) When he mentioned Ayers and company......I would have worded it more to that fact that its not just Ayers or Acorn or Wright on their own. We all know people like that and may have associated at one time with them. Its that in the short 20months of this process we have already found 3 instances of bad judgement on your part on who you work with/get advice. Now you want 4yrs with access to people worse than these?

3) Mention something about the 95% of folks who will get a tax break. Go into his cancellation of the Bush tax credit so that 95% won't pay more taxes during the year but won't get a tax refund at the end of the year either. Also go into the % of that 95% that don't even pay taxes.....and we are going to just give them money from Joe the Plumber.

4) As for Joe the plumber I think he did pretty good on that one compared to Obama's response to it, so I give him that but I would have went a step further. I would have told Obama that Joe WON'T buy that business anymore. Its too expensive and risky in this current economy to do it since you are going to tax him and then give the money to someone who doesn't work. (lets face it, if you make less than the min amount to pay taxes you are either a student, part-time or lazy. I was a student and Part-time but I wasn't lazy by any means....I'll let that one sink in for you guys for a minute..........and I still made enough to pay taxes...... You just gave every American an incentive to not realize the American dream. You told them to stay put and I'll give you free money from those dumb enough to better themselves

Ok......my take on who won the debate.

I think Obama did ok in a few spots but overall McCain won. But Obama only needed to do ok to maintain his poll ratings. Saying that Obama was calm and reserved, didn't get rattled doesn't mean he Won the debate. Winning the debate means you answer the questions fully. (they both dropped that last one on what they would do in the first year on energy dependance)

I did hear one thing from Obama all night long.....I'm going to spend, I'm going to Spend, I'm going to invest (see....spend)......etc etc.

So ask yourself this? In a time when the Gov't just had to borrow $700B from YOU to pay off bad debts and the Gov't currently has a huge deficit.....How on Earth do you spend?

1) You tax.....
2) You spend anyway and just borrow more
3) You pull the military out of foreign bases (not just Iraq) and cut the military budget

Using a scalpel to to cut off a dying limb won't work. Its slow, tedious, painful and you die before the procedure is done. Use a Hatchett to cut off that limb. Its quick and painful but the healing can start right away!

So lets look at poll ratings......wait, why bother? I've seen a poll where McCain is in the lead and then one where Obama is up 13 pts. Reality puts the lead around 3-6pts for Obama.

Polls are good predicters of preception but the only poll that counts is on Nov 4. There are still 3 weeks left. So go out and vote (Even if you vote Nader)

I will leave it thought that Bob from CBS did an outstanding job as Moderator. I was a little worried about him before the debate. I was hoping he would ask new questions and not let the debate be boring like Tom had it.

And I want to know where 3.3million of Obama's offshore Money for his campaign came from....don't you?
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Last edited by sweetpea; 10-16-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

STOP THE BS GUYS.

I hate baby sitting. The comments deleted were WAY over the top.
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by Kitman
Flying, Friends & Food
United States, OH, Hilliard
Joined Jan 2006
4,184 Posts

Hey guys, We the staff here on the Giants do our best to keep this site positive and fun. A place to escape the pressures of "real life" and concentrate on our our passion, our hobby, our FG brotherhood.

Due to the fact that there are many, many different opinions regarding politics and understanding that many of you are very passionate about your views and beliefs, (as you should be) we are going to put these discussions on ice. With the US presidential election quickly approaching, these topics are way to volcanic for an RC site. Again, we respect everyone's political opinions, and we are proud that we have members that are intelligent enough to realize that we as a nation need to be involved in the electoral process. But to maintain the easy going, fun loving nature of this RC site, we will ask that these discussions take place elsewhere.

Thanks,
The Giants Staff.
Kitman is offline Find More Posts by Kitman

Quick Reply