logo
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Gerber, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
Japan, Ibaraki-ken, Sashima-gun
Joined Jan 2006
2,145 Posts
Re: Our future....????

McCain just got the 18-80 yr old male vote!!
japan3d is online now Find More Posts by japan3d
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

McCain had my vote anyway . .Now, with Gov. Palin as his running mate. . the rest of the country ought to be a lot more supportive of the ticket. The Dems are just SOOOO dead. . . .
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
Japan, Ibaraki-ken, Sashima-gun
Joined Jan 2006
2,145 Posts

This whole election year has had me thinking about the movie "Brewster's Millions" and I want to vote "None of the Above!!"
japan3d is online now Find More Posts by japan3d
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

hey 50%,

glad to see your input. i think it is awesome to see your generation taking interest. it is YOUR money these people are spending! keep interested and make it hard for the fools to keep slippin' to the top! i'm only a dozen or so years your elder and i can already see that it'll be hard for my age group to clean up everything for our children.. keep it goin' for us!
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Old 08-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
hey 50%,

glad to see your input. i think it is awesome to see your generation taking interest. it is YOUR money these people are spending! keep interested and make it hard for the fools to keep slippin' to the top! i'm only a dozen or so years your elder and i can already see that it'll be hard for my age group to clean up everything for our children.. keep it goin' for us!

Thanks for the support, however, I'm just glad to see a candidate who will change, and not just offer change.(99% of the polititions out there) My generation is tired of the political narrowmindedness of much of the political scene.(such as in KrisW's post) I personally don't care if there's a D or an R in front your your name on the ballet. When it comes to taxes, I really don't care as much as most do. I care more about issues such as the war on terrorism, protecting our borders and abortion.

Granted, taxes are nothing to take lightly. I made 20K last year, 25% of that went toward income taxes on state and federal level. How many DA 85's could I buy for $5k???? lol

50%
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-29-2008, 10:19 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

keep active and keep voicing your opinions! i tell ya what though, the tax thing is about the most important! it's not only about how many of your dollars get taken, it's about what is done with those dollars and that affects the military, the borders etc.... not to mention, my guess is that you will just continue to make better money each year.... let's just try to make it so your take home portion gets bigger too!!!!!

matt mikesh
Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by LawnJockey
cuttin the grass with balsa
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jan 2006
1,395 Posts

Born and raised in North Idaho, Graduated from the Universit Of Idaho (My daughter goes there) This is a good thing for us.

LawnJockey is online now Find More Posts by LawnJockey
Old 08-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
Thanks for the support, however, I'm just glad to see a candidate who will change, and not just offer change.(99% of the polititions out there) My generation is tired of the political narrowmindedness of much of the political scene.(such as in KrisW's post) I personally don't care if there's a D or an R in front your your name on the ballet. When it comes to taxes, I really don't care as much as most do. I care more about issues such as the war on terrorism, protecting our borders and abortion.

Granted, taxes are nothing to take lightly. I made 20K last year, 25% of that went toward income taxes on state and federal level. How many DA 85's could I buy for $5k???? lol

50%
Fiddy. . it's not "Narrow mindedness" .. to state what has proven obvious.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by xtreem3d
see the glass half full
St. Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
591 Posts

the excitement may end if McCain passes away and a 44 year old woman w/ 2 years experience as govenor becomes the leader of the most powerful country in the world
xtreem3d is offline Find More Posts by xtreem3d
Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,240 Posts

As opposed to the first term senator who if is elected..has about the same experience. As a first term senator he has spent a very large portion of his term trying to get the presidency...which leads to virtually no real government experience other than campaigning. At least in Palin's short term as Governor she has accomplished quite a bit...She has done more in a 1.5 years as Governor than Obama has in 4 years as a Senator..
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Super Contributor
Memphis Tn
Joined Mar 2006
366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick View Post
As opposed to the first term senator who if is elected..has about the same experience. As a first term senator he has spent a very large portion of his term trying to get the presidency...which leads to virtually no real government experience other than campaigning. At least in Palin's short term as Governor she has accomplished quite a bit...She has done more in a 1.5 years as Governor than Obama has in 4 years as a Senator..
.. i wonder if some of his suporters would want a "JR" doctor working on them?
ChrisHays is offline Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Old 08-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Alot of your guys comments are spot on about the youth of today's nation needing to pay attention to what is going on around them. It is time the politicians get a reality check and realize that they work FOR US, the CITIZENS of these country, not for themselves, not for illegals, not for big business. We control whether they get the job or not, they need that ingrained into them, so that they follow through and actually accomplish what we have put them there to do. I myself become rather disgusted talking to peers in my age group (25-30) that have no idea whats going on, have no view, and aren't interested in knowing whats going on. I just about want to slap them back in reality.
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Last edited by TheTank; 08-30-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
the excitement may end if McCain passes away and a 44 year old woman w/ 2 years experience as govenor becomes the leader of the most powerful country in the world
No, I think that with the state of our government now, that would be EXACTLY the thing the United States could use. So much of Washington has the 'inside-the-beltway' mentality, the thinking that they are there to serve their own needs, and those of the PACs that pay for their "fact-finding" trips to exotic vacation destinations. Washington doesn't need more insiders- it needs more real people, people that have actually worked a BS job like Mickey D's or BK, people that have actually gotten their hands dirty- like myself, a plumber and former carpenter, people that have struggled to make ends meet despite working two jobs.

The Washington elite are used to that silver spoon treatment, all of which comes at the expense of us, the taxpayers. That needs to stop, like yesterday- and the only way we will ever get the bureaucracy to slow down is if we get people in there who aren't part of it.

Not that I condone a McCain presidency, nor do I wish to see him meet his maker, but if that were to happen and the power of the presidency were to fall into Sarah Palin's lap, I feel that she would do a damn fine job picking up the pieces and carrying on- moreso than the libs would have you think. She alone has probably got her feet more firmly planted on the ground, and that is what this country needs.
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

we DO need to see more 20somethings involved in the nation's decision making. it is unfortunate that most of the people affected by today's decisions do NOT yet see the importance of them or the ramifications!

take the time to learn about taxes. to learn about health care possibilites. to learn what the word "free" really means. your future is in YOUR hands. grab it and form it or pass it on down the line. we are rooting for you!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by FixedWing172
www.stansphotos.com
Monmouth County New Jersey
Joined Jan 2006
493 Posts

This guy definately has my vote!!

FixedWing172 is offline Find More Posts by FixedWing172