logo
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Gerber, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,385 Posts
Re: Our future....????

So right, you had to say it thrice..... lol
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,240 Posts

Mike...without a doubt...you have my vote...I first would like to volunteer as your VP...just so I can participate in the boob job test...

Now...I have heard from buttface...that he is voting Obama...I asked a simple question and never got an answer. The reason is...there is no good answer from the Obama campaign. Matter o fact...Obama has absolutley no history of leadership or any resposibility running a budget...In 3 years as a Senator..he has spent 1.5 years running for President...Why...what...if any reason is there to vote for him other than change slogan...I keep hearing change...and yes we can....but...what is the change...and what is it that he can do....Most politicians tell us all the things they are going to do...even if it is a lie (which most are)...He hasnt even given one shred of evidence as to what he is going to do...Lets just change things.

Actually he has mentioned the changes he is going to make. He will raise taxes for all of those who actually pay taxes...He will also cut capital gains taxes for business...oh wait a second...business dont pay capital gains taxes...but the general government educated fool does not know this...so it sounds really great... Running on an economic platform is certainly a great thing to do...but your points have to be factual...

Ok...sorry to get on my soap box...but as a hard working individual.. who pays more taxes than I should...I really dont want to have to pay any more...
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Look at this stupid thing
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts

Obama speaks of change. Ha Ha So does everybody else. Whats next READ MY LIPS "NOOOO NEEEEW TAXES"
FENWAYFLYER is offline Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Old 08-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

When was the last time you had the hots for the VP??? If you have an answer to that that includes a date, you're a girl or really strange. As far as Obama, empty suit with a big mouth. Like Sweetpea said, McCain understands the military and certainly understands war. He's picked a great running mate and, provided he can keep a few of his promises, will probably be the next President. I just want to see the debate. Should be fun watching Obama trying to remember his lines without a teleprompter.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Last edited by Al Lewis; 08-31-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts

I just want to see the debate. Should be fun watching Obama trying to remember his lines without a teleprompter.[/quote]

How funny would that be.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,240 Posts

Yeah...He is a great speaker...with guidance..Obama had it handed to him at Saddleback...McCain looked presidential...Obama looked well like he was dumbfounded...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
La Jolla, CA USA
Joined Oct 2006
2,715 Posts

President Bush has the lowest approval rate of any modern day President. This is the result of his performance, and probably deserved.

However, The only lower approval rate I know of, is that of Congress, which is less than 1/2 that of President Bush. Both Presidential candidates are members of Congress, and so is the the Democratic VP candidate. Therefore all of their approval ratings are lower than the current Presidents. These guys talk about what they will do when elected, but they are currently in the Senate. I haven't seen any Bills from them that address their plan.

On the other hand, the Republican VP candidate has an approval rating of almost 90% of the Alaskan citizens. This is amazing by any standard. She has clearly done a great job during her political career. I would rather take a chance on a short successful career, than a long career of failure.

Some notable things about her.

She doesn't tolerate graft and corruption.

She rejected earmarks from Washington as corrupt and returned the money.

She thought the states private jet was a waste of taxpayer money, and placed it for sale on E-Bay. She did this at the same time that Nancy Pelosi was complaining the the regular Speaker jet was to small, and poorly decorated.

She is a great candidate for VP, I am glad to have her!
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old 08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts

Check this. I heard Hillary was the reason for the 6.1 millon dollar makeover on Marine One. Rumor has it she had to bend over to get out, and secret service were making fun of her fat ass.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick View Post
Mike...without a doubt...you have my vote...I first would like to volunteer as your VP...just so I can participate in the boob job test...

Now...I have heard from buttface...that he is voting Obama...I asked a simple question and never got an answer. The reason is...there is no good answer from the Obama campaign. Matter o fact...Obama has absolutley no history of leadership or any resposibility running a budget...In 3 years as a Senator..he has spent 1.5 years running for President...Why...what...if any reason is there to vote for him other than change slogan...I keep hearing change...and yes we can....but...what is the change...and what is it that he can do....Most politicians tell us all the things they are going to do...even if it is a lie (which most are)...He hasnt even given one shred of evidence as to what he is going to do...Lets just change things.

Actually he has mentioned the changes he is going to make. He will raise taxes for all of those who actually pay taxes...He will also cut capital gains taxes for business...oh wait a second...business dont pay capital gains taxes...but the general government educated fool does not know this...so it sounds really great... Running on an economic platform is certainly a great thing to do...but your points have to be factual...

Ok...sorry to get on my soap box...but as a hard working individual.. who pays more taxes than I should...I really dont want to have to pay any more...

OK.. we have a President and a Veep... lets test some boobs! I guess we'll have to find someone for a cabinet position that actually has an idea how to run the place.... Ibwana, you interested? If anything ever happens to Phillip or me, you can test the boobs!

It will be interesting to see both Obama and McCain without the aid of teleprompters. I think McCain has the edge there, but he does find himself searching for words a lot. I've got to give Obama credit, he's been able to accomplish much more in the past 18 months than anybody ever gave him credit for. He's a captivating speaker, and at least so far, he's been able to keep most of the skeletons locked up in the closet. Those that did get out have been delt with effectively. I never thought he'd get through those... neither did Hillary.

I don't think he's accomplished enough in the public sector to give him 4 years with the red phone, and I'm afraid of the programs he promotes, and who he's pegged to pay for them.

I have to think that at this point, he's preaching to the uncleansed, promising to take from what he calls the "rich" to provide a better living to today's largest non-voting class -- the poor. If he ever made it to the White House, I can't imagine that he's really committed to that stragegy, I just hope everyone he's preaching to (those too lazy to work) are also too lazy to get out and vote.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
La Jolla, CA USA
Joined Oct 2006
2,715 Posts

Let's see, 1BWANA1 the new Secretary of BOOBS! Yes, I can picture that. In fact, it seems like the job I have been training for my whole life. OK, I'll take the job! Would it be too much to ask what the pay is?
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,240 Posts

Who cares about the pay...free boobs...what more could you ask for.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts

Will there be boobie tassels involved.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,506 Posts

I don't know, peapatrick... .sounds like he's planning to knock one of us off to get the Veep job! Heck, I can't blame him, considering the "perks". I don't remember saying that any cabinet member had input or access to the free boob program!

Here's some food for thought... I've heard this many times, but it really starts to hit home when I think about this year's election.....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship."
The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:
from bondage to spiritual faith,
from spiritual faith to great courage,
from courage to liberty,
from liberty to abundance,
from abundance to selfishness,
from selfishness to complacency,
from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency,
from dependency back to bondage.
Alexander Tyler 1747-1813 most commonly attributed to
"The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic"
by Alexander Fraser Tytler Lord Woodhouselee (1748-1813)
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!
United States, CT, Westbrook
Joined Jan 2006
2,175 Posts

McCain looks like a doddering old pervert who likes little girls! Check out his wife and his VP choice. Me thinks his wife is going to be jealous!
All joking aside.

We've had some great presidents who were not in the military, and some real losers that were in the military and of course we've had great presidents that were in the military. Point is, just because a person served in the military does not qualify them to be president.

Look at the first Terrorist attack that happened at the Twin towers in 1993. I believe Clinton was the Prez. Did he invade? No they found the ass that was the leader and put him in Jail where he still is today. Did Bush get Bin Laden? No! Will McCain? Don't think so. By being in Iraq we are creating terrorists, men and women who came to the aid of the Iraqi people to help fight us, the invaders. How many innocent Iraqi people have died? You know the people we were suppose to liberate!

Trickle down economics do not work. Look at the last 8 years! I know my paycheck is less than it was just 4 years ago. Where are the tax breaks to the rich going? Overseas!! Will McCain do anything about that!? NO! He supports outsourcing and gives tax breaks to companies who do it. He strongly supports NAFTA as well.

And if you really want to know what Obama has done in the past, look it up! Remember he was an Illinois state senator before being a Senator, want to know how long? Look it up! Hereís a starting point : http://www.barackobama.com/learn/meet_barack.php

Except:
As a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama has fought to help Illinois veterans get the disability pay they were promised, while working to prepare the VA for the return of the thousands of veterans who will need care after Iraq and Afghanistan
Is this a good enough example? Who was responsible for Walter Reed Hospital? The Republicans. McCain didnít make sure that when our thousands of wounded and disabled solders came back from the wars they were taken care of. You don;t hear about the dusable solders much just those who have died. What if our government had given our men and women better equipment, better armer, maybe we wouldn't have as many disabled and dead as we do. McCain should have pushed this thru. He didn't. Thatís what I see.

The Republican Party is supposed to be the conservative party, not the party that gives to the rich and screws the middle class. Sure I believe in working for what you get. I worked two jobs when I my sons were first born just to make ends meet and I went to school at night to get my BSCS for 7 years at the same time, while my wife stayed at home to raise our sons. I have yet to go on unemployment (knock on wood). I don't support a free ticket for anyone but I do understand the need for assistance, my friends are out of work and still looking, because the job they went to college for and spent thousands of dollars in education on got out-sourced.

One of the main reasons we are paying 4 bucks a gallon for gas and more importantly home heating oil is because of oil speculation. There have been repeated bills in congress to end this practice but the republican senate votes it down. This includes McCain.

Pretty soon there will only be two classes of people in the country and maybe the world. The rich and their servants. We need balance in our country. Maybe Obama wonít be able to accomplish it but at least he says he plans on doing something about it. So vote for McCain and watch the rich get richer which includes the Chinese while our kids can't afford a loan to go to college to try to get a job that will probably be outsourced.

BTW there are a lot worse dictators than Saddam. The genocide in Darfur makes Hitler and Saddam look like little boys by comparison. Are we invading them!?? NO Why? Because the only reason we're in the middle east is oil! To consolidate OPECs control of that oil. And to guarantee the Big Oil Companies get to pump it out!
Just do your research before you form youíre opinion.
RollingHarrier is offline Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
I don't know, peapatrick... .sounds like he's planning to knock one of us off to get the Veep job! Heck, I can't blame him, considering the "perks". I don't remember saying that any cabinet member had input or access to the free boob program!

Here's some food for thought... I've heard this many times, but it really starts to hit home when I think about this year's election.....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship."
The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:
from bondage to spiritual faith,
from spiritual faith to great courage,
from courage to liberty,
from liberty to abundance,
from abundance to selfishness,
from selfishness to complacency,
from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency,
from dependency back to bondage.
Alexander Tyler 1747-1813 most commonly attributed to
"The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic"
by Alexander Fraser Tytler Lord Woodhouselee (1748-1813)
Thanks! I've been looking for that quote for some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
Let's see, 1BWANA1 the new Secretary of BOOBS! Yes, I can picture that. In fact, it seems like the job I have been training for my whole life. OK, I'll take the job! Would it be too much to ask what the pay is?
So, 1bwana1, how would you rate the democratic VP's boobs, vs. the republican vp's boobs....
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply