logo
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Alkaline is offline
Find More Posts by Alkaline
Registered User
Alkaline's Avatar
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Mar 2010
1,691 Posts
Here is what you have to remember about kingtech, they may not be the most reliable or best built, however, they have the best support and team backing it up. Barry & Dirk will take care of whatever issues you have. Based on that buy without worry.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-29-2018, 11:00 PM
bwilliams is offline
Find More Posts by bwilliams
Love to FLY!
bwilliams's Avatar
Charleston, SC
Joined Jan 2006
155 Posts
That jet is really not your colors bro lol! Wanna make me a sweet deal on your dalton?

Congrats man bring it to the nall. Oh and let me give it a whirl. Ill bring my buddy box lol!
bwilliams is offline Find More Posts by bwilliams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyguy View Post
Just at the beginning of my King Tech experience. I know a bunch of guys who are running and have had good experiences.
I took a look at your T-3 project on FG last year. Pretty NICE!!
What pneumatic retracts did you use with the kit?
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 08:24 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Here is what you have to remember about kingtech, they may not be the most reliable or best built, however, they have the best support and team backing it up. Barry & Dirk will take care of whatever issues you have. Based on that buy without worry.
I've always believed that research FIRST.... Act after is the best route to take!!

My decision to get the KT210 G2 is a no-brainer for my first step into turbines. I won't say that down the line things can't change, but as of now I'll stick with it and see how it all comes together. I'm waiting for Danny Diaz of FLIGHTWERKS to get back so I can order the turbine.

In the meantime, I've started to get a few things together to re-build my "necessities" for the turbine world. My first purchase was a Ryobi 18v cordless Power inflator. I got it at Home Depot and bought the charger and battery which comes separately. This will be needed to pressurize the two tanks for the retracts. The larger tank is for the retracts and the smaller tank is for the brakes.

The next two items were acquired at Harbor Freight. One was a spare 5 gallon Diesel fuel tank and the second was a stand to assemble the Leo at the field.
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 08:34 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
That jet is really not your colors bro lol! Wanna make me a sweet deal on your dalton?

Congrats man bring it to the nall. Oh and let me give it a whirl. Ill bring my buddy box lol!
Yeah.... I know it's not my colors...BUT...It has red and a splash of green, so I'll add a little yellow somewhere to make it acceptable!
I'm taking out my 200 from the Dalton over the weekend to get it checked out. Maybe I can consider selling the Dalton to make space in the garage for the Leo..... We'll see how it all pans out.

The Nall is all work for me.... This year is the most difficult design I've ever had in the 21 years I've been doing embroidery for the event at Triple Tree. I'm STILL shaking my head as the embroidery design is not fully finished as yet and it's up at over 16,000 stitches with more to come!! I have to complete it by next Tuesday since I will be starting to embroider by 9th April.

Will have to put the Leo aside when REAL work starts!
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 08:37 AM
rcflyguy is offline
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
rcflyguy's Avatar
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
I took a look at your T-3 project on FG last year. Pretty NICE!!
What pneumatic retracts did you use with the kit?
W
Lol... it hasn't had much more done to since.

Daughter and Granddaughter moved back in, changed jobs... life. I'll get back on it soon!

The gear is the stock gear that come with it... Airbeast I do believe.
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Zeeb is offline
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Registered User
Zeeb's Avatar
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post

In the meantime, I've started to get a few things together to re-build my "necessities" for the turbine world. My first purchase was a Ryobi 18v cordless Power inflator. I got it at Home Depot and bought the charger and battery which comes separately. This will be needed to pressurize the two tanks for the retracts. The larger tank is for the retracts and the smaller tank is for the brakes.

The next two items were acquired at Harbor Freight. One was a spare 5 gallon Diesel fuel tank and the second was a stand to assemble the Leo at the field.
Wayne
You're 'gonna NEED an electric fuel pump for that nifty new yellow diesel container.....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 03:17 PM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
You're 'gonna NEED an electric fuel pump for that nifty new yellow diesel container.....
Yup.... I already have a Jersey Modeler 5 gal gas can with the electric pump, which I will clean it all out & use as a primary. The yellow one is to fill up & mix the turbine oil in...Then pour it into the primary tank which already has the electric fuel pump.

Question: I have been told that I should use a drier filter for the air pump for the retracts. This will keep humidity (water) out of the lines etc. Do you use such a beast?
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 04:20 PM
Keith Cannon is offline
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
Keith Cannon's Avatar
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
Filter/Dryer is a very important part of any pneumatic system that you want to last a long time.

For the amount of use that your retracts would get (Say on the high side 1000 fills a year) most likely not a big deal, however being in a humid area I would strongly advise on using one.

In reality it only causes premature wear on the system that could lead to being unreliable several years down the line.
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Shaker is offline
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Shaker's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Here is what you have to remember about kingtech, they may not be the most reliable or best built, however, they have the best support and team backing it up. Barry & Dirk will take care of whatever issues you have. Based on that buy without worry.
I don't know.. I've had ZERO issues with my K45G2 or my K120G2.. Barry is GREAT to deal with for sure.. you're dead on the money there.

That said.. I've not had any trouble with the JetCat P-200 in my Ultra Bandit either.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Zeeb is offline
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Registered User
Zeeb's Avatar
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
Yup.... I already have a Jersey Modeler 5 gal gas can with the electric pump, which I will clean it all out & use as a primary. The yellow one is to fill up & mix the turbine oil in...Then pour it into the primary tank which already has the electric fuel pump.

Question: I have been told that I should use a drier filter for the air pump for the retracts. This will keep humidity (water) out of the lines etc. Do you use such a beast?
Well I'll say this about that.....

I bought a Skymaster F14 from Danny and while he did everything promised including getting it shipped out here, he claimed that the landing gear issues had been resolved.

He lied.....

It has a couple of problems with the gear, not the least of which is that he never used any kind of dryer for his air compressor that charged the system on the model. There wasn't any need in the mid west, but when he moved to Florida, he did not make any changes to how he filled the air systems on the models. The whole system is full of water and has numerous air leaks through out the whole system. It had several gear collapses due to the use of the electronic control valves, which do not maintain air pressure in the system if it leaks, there's no down lock function on the Skymaster gear and with all the leaks, the air pressure bled off and the left main gear folded.

The atmospheric conditions including the usual humidity are very near identical in your neck of the woods to what one would find in Florida....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 10:36 PM
rcflying53 is offline
Find More Posts by rcflying53
Airliner Huckin'
rcflying53's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2010
467 Posts
Wayne, great to see you getting the jet finally. I love mine and am having a blast flying it. With the weather weíve had down here in the south, Iíve been getting some good opportunities to fly.

Iíll be at First In Flight with the South Carolina gang and am looking to get down to Super Jet South this year. If you make it up to FIF let me know. Carolina Jet Fest is also in April at the Flying Tigers field in Scranton, SC if you are interested.

Take care and have fun with that jet!
rcflying53 is offline Find More Posts by rcflying53
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 05:58 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Cannon View Post
Filter/Dryer is a very important part of any pneumatic system that you want to last a long time.

For the amount of use that your retracts would get (Say on the high side 1000 fills a year) most likely not a big deal, however being in a humid area I would strongly advise on using one.

In reality it only causes premature wear on the system that could lead to being unreliable several years down the line.
Thanks Keith.....I will definitely get that small but important piece of equipment as I donít want to reinvent the wheel at all. Other pilots experiences matters!
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 06:03 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Well I'll say this about that.....

I bought a Skymaster F14 from Danny and while he did everything promised including getting it shipped out here, he claimed that the landing gear issues had been resolved.

He lied.....

It has a couple of problems with the gear, not the least of which is that he never used any kind of dryer for his air compressor that charged the system on the model. There wasn't any need in the mid west, but when he moved to Florida, he did not make any changes to how he filled the air systems on the models. The whole system is full of water and has numerous air leaks through out the whole system. It had several gear collapses due to the use of the electronic control valves, which do not maintain air pressure in the system if it leaks, there's no down lock function on the Skymaster gear and with all the leaks, the air pressure bled off and the left main gear folded.

The atmospheric conditions including the usual humidity are very near identical in your neck of the woods to what one would find in Florida....
Sorry that you had so much trouble with your retracts.
The ones that are on this plane is from Germany and made by a company called Airtech Germany. I was told by John (previous owner) that this system locks both in the retracted and down positions and do not need air in the system to stay locked. What is the type that is on your F14? That must be a big disappointment as that is a very expensive aircraft.
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 06:09 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflying53 View Post
Wayne, great to see you getting the jet finally. I love mine and am having a blast flying it. With the weather weíve had down here in the south, Iíve been getting some good opportunities to fly.

Iíll be at First In Flight with the South Carolina gang and am looking to get down to Super Jet South this year. If you make it up to FIF let me know. Carolina Jet Fest is also in April at the Flying Tigers field in Scranton, SC if you are interested.

Take care and have fun with that jet!
glad that you are enjoying your venture into jets. I am looking forward to attending meets and just enjoying flying again.

Actually, today, Iím taking the day off & going to a field with 3 friends who used to fly Unlimited Scale Aerobatics in the SE. They bought Pattern planes and are testing them out today. There are a few local Pattern contests in GA that they will be attending and I offered to call for them...but I wonít fly.

Iím into jets!
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (2 members and 8 guests)
sthudson, Thud_Driver
Thread Tools