Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,808 Posts
Pro - Support of the hobby and flying field. Con - You have to pretend the to understand your friends desire to fly electric, that's just wrong. Pro - You get to meet funny people like me. Con - You may have to wait your turn to fly. Pro - You get to fly with other people.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 08-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Dragonfly55
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2019
3 Posts
Are there any recommended clubs in Las Vegas Nevada
Dragonfly55 is offline Find More Posts by Dragonfly55
Old 08-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by AKNick
1Corinthians 3:18
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
1,611 Posts
Used to fly by myself and there were moments where you would look around and wonder... did anybody see that?!?! LOL
PRO:
A true club works together to maintain a place to fly, enjoys each others involvement as a hobbyist, and continues promote model aviation by supporting those involved (training, parts, gain knowledge or insight about the hobby, and to challenge each others abilities in the name of good fun in the form of heckling). This is a place of fun and happiness with other rc pilots to learn from.

CON:
There really isn't a CON if you keep this saying in mind: "At the end of the day, all we ever want to do is go have some fun and fly our airplanes" Keep it FUN! And for crying out loud be nice!

You learn so much from other people, and it's an absolute joy to be a part of a like minded group of hobbyists.
AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick
Old 08-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Find More Posts by Harold Smith
United States, TX, Chandler
Joined Dec 2009
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNick View Post
Used to fly by myself and there were moments where you would look around and wonder... did anybody see that?!?! LOL
PRO:
A true club works together to maintain a place to fly, enjoys each others involvement as a hobbyist, and continues promote model aviation by supporting those involved (training, parts, gain knowledge or insight about the hobby, and to challenge each others abilities in the name of good fun in the form of heckling). This is a place of fun and happiness with other rc pilots to learn from.

CON:
There really isn't a CON if you keep this saying in mind: "At the end of the day, all we ever want to do is go have some fun and fly our airplanes" Keep it FUN! And for crying out loud be nice!

You learn so much from other people, and it's an absolute joy to be a part of a like minded group of hobbyists.
Amen!
Harold Smith is offline Find More Posts by Harold Smith
Old 08-14-2019, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
I’m fortunate that we have many excellent pilots that have taught me much. The 2 gents I’m thinking of are IMAC World Champs and will almost give you the shirts off their backs to help. Also the best flying facilities require that you be a member of the AMA and the club.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
I’m fortunate that we have many excellent pilots that have taught me much. The 2 gents I’m thinking of are IMAC World Champs and will almost give you the shirts off their backs to help. Also the best flying facilities require that you be a member of the AMA and the club.
i am very fortunate enough to have become with both that you speak of and i totally agree! meeting them through imac... that is one thing about a club you meet people like that!
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43

Quick Reply