logo
Old 08-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by bigplanes
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Mar 2008
27 Posts
Help!
First Smart Fly, Is there a book for DUMMIES

I'm sure the request for a book for DUMMIES is real old, but gonna give it a try. I'm more a hands on person. Computer literacy, POOR. Wish there was a section with some good wiring hook up photos.

Already, the instructions say "DO NOT PLUG INTO BATT OR BIND". The Spektrum AR12010 has TWO battery ports on the top, I don't figure it is a typo but why can't those two battery ports be used? I believe I am going to need the others.

I don't know why at my age had to try something new. May see whole Smart Fly set up will be seen in classified soon.

Thank you and just say, enough!
Johjtpbigplanes@yahoo.com
bigplanes is offline Find More Posts by bigplanes
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,552 Posts
Hmmm, how about that thing called Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smartfly
N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Old 08-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Here is why you don't plug into the battery port. It can cause the Spektrum/JR RX's to go into rebind mode. Just plug them into any other port as the receiver is still a bus so it doesn't matter.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
Easiest thing to do is make a call to me and I can get you straight in 5 minutes. ALL the channels that come off the unit are servo channels, including the two end channels. All the power on a receiver is bussed, the power and ground on the battery plugs connect directly to the power and ground on all the servo plugs. The receiver does not care if it gets power from a battery port or a servo port. We put the power on servo channels so that receivers that have a battery port shared with a servo port do not loose a channel when using our system. Please, just call me (480-460-2652) and we can get you going in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplanes View Post
I'm sure the request for a book for DUMMIES is real old, but gonna give it a try. I'm more a hands on person. Computer literacy, POOR. Wish there was a section with some good wiring hook up photos.

Already, the instructions say "DO NOT PLUG INTO BATT OR BIND". The Spektrum AR12010 has TWO battery ports on the top, I don't figure it is a typo but why can't those two battery ports be used? I believe I am going to need the others.

I don't know why at my age had to try something new. May see whole Smart Fly set up will be seen in classified soon.

Thank you and just say, enough!
Johjtpbigplanes@yahoo.com
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 02-09-2023, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Actually...ive never used one either. I bought a nib smart fly sport plus from a flyers widow and it says not to use for planes larger than a 60cc.....why ??
I recently aquired a 42% with 4 aileron, 4 elevator and 2 rudder servos...plus throttle and possiably choke.....is that dooable or do i need a different model smart fly ??
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 02-10-2023, 09:25 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
The best thing to do would be to call us, (480) 460-2562. To answer your questions, the reason you cannot use this for larger planes is because the battery connections cannot handle the current without a large enough voltage drop to brown out your receiver. The standard R/C connector is good for 2.5A. Way too small to hang 8 digital servos off of a 40 lb plane. You need one of our units with Deans Connectors or XT-60 connectors to handle a 40% plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy082662 View Post
Actually...ive never used one either. I bought a nib smart fly sport plus from a flyers widow and it says not to use for planes larger than a 60cc.....why ??
I recently aquired a 42% with 4 aileron, 4 elevator and 2 rudder servos...plus throttle and possiably choke.....is that dooable or do i need a different model smart fly ??
Site Sponsor
Old 02-10-2023, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi,
The best thing to do would be to call us, (480) 460-2562. To answer your questions, the reason you cannot use this for larger planes is because the battery connections cannot handle the current without a large enough voltage drop to brown out your receiver. The standard R/C connector is good for 2.5A. Way too small to hang 8 digital servos off of a 40 lb plane. You need one of our units with Deans Connectors or XT-60 connectors to handle a 40% plane.
Ahhh, ok..thank you
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 02-11-2023, 10:32 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Also, most of the manuals are on the website except for really old units. On top of that you can email us at Support@Smart-Fly.com to get additional help or ask for a manual not on the site.
Site Sponsor
Old 02-25-2023, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by WalterSmith2k00
Joined Apr 2022
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi,
I actually always tried to understand everything myself. I never used books for dummies and lazybones. No, I found essay grader once, I used https://edubirdie.com/essay-grader for this. But perhaps it was the first and last time. It makes sense to learn from others if you can try to do everything yourself. I never really understood this. Life is only one, and you still do nothing.
ok, thanks
WalterSmith2k00 is offline Find More Posts by WalterSmith2k00
Last edited by WalterSmith2k00; 02-28-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply