logo
Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by edgeman55
Dayton,NV
Joined Jun 2006
187 Posts
Anyone come up with a set of wingbags to fit these panels.Searched the web and have not found anything that will work well.Does anyone custom make bags without cleaning out ones bank account?
edgeman55 is offline Find More Posts by edgeman55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
9,464 Posts
DanFitz on RC Groups made me a set for my big Blaink that are great.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by 74Ranch
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Sep 2013
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
Anyone come up with a set of wingbags to fit these panels.Searched the web and have not found anything that will work well.Does anyone custom make bags without cleaning out ones bank account?
I had Ace Wing bag make me two bags that fit the wings perfect also able to leave the struts on as well. took about 5-6wks. $157.00 shipped. nice bag.
74Ranch is offline Find More Posts by 74Ranch
Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Dayton,NV
Joined Jun 2006
187 Posts
Was recommended the Wing Tote 20"X64"single wing bag by someone on RC groups.He said they fit the wing panels with the struts on.Ordered two bags from Tower for 114.00 shipped.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by jbarnes
United States, CO, Mead
Joined Jan 2007
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
Was recommended the Wing Tote 20"X64"single wing bag by someone on RC groups.He said they fit the wing panels with the struts on.Ordered two bags from Tower for 114.00 shipped.
Iím using these bags. They are a little long but work fine.
jbarnes is offline Find More Posts by jbarnes
Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Joined Mar 2010
3,693 Posts
I have one of the WT 64" bags. the struts protrude a few inches and the fit is very tight. But they should be fine. They also make an 82" which I suspect is what jbarnes has.
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Find More Posts by BQ97
Joined Feb 2019
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
I have one of the WT 64" bags. the struts protrude a few inches and the fit is very tight. But they should be fine. They also make an 82" which I suspect is what jbarnes has.
Each wing panel of the X Cub is 53 1/4" long with an 18" cord. With the struts folded flat that adds another 6" to the overall length. After closing , with nothing protruding out side the bag, there is roughly 4" of unoccupied space in the 64" x 20" Wing tote single wing bag.
BQ97 is offline Find More Posts by BQ97
Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Dayton,NV
Joined Jun 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ97 View Post
Each wing panel of the X Cub is 53 1/4" long with an 18" cord. With the struts folded flat that adds another 6" to the overall length. After closing , with nothing protruding out side the bag, there is roughly 4" of unoccupied space in the 64" x 20" Wing tote single wing bag.

I measured the panels before I ordered the bags and figured that they would fit with a little room to spare.Thanks for confirming that for me.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:54 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,693 Posts
apparently I have an older bag, and it's a bit shorter. the chord is 18", but because of the airfoil it shortens the width of the bag and the fit is tight.
Last edited by FGNewbie; 02-13-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by marksp
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2013
227 Posts
For the record, in the manual the Wing Tote 82" Single Wing Bag is specified.
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old 02-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by Ironfrog25
Joined Feb 2019
2 Posts
Hi all I was looking to purchase the X-Cub this spring and was wondering what prop size is good for the Evolution 62cc? I see they make three different scale props for this plane from JC super props in didfeeent diameters and pitch. What would be a good diameter and pitch prop to break in and to run after break in? The size for 60cc are 23x10 24x8 24x12 from JC super props.
Ironfrog25 is offline Find More Posts by Ironfrog25
Old 02-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
Hi all I was looking to purchase the X-Cub this spring and was wondering what prop size is good for the Evolution 62cc? I see they make three different scale props for this plane from JC super props in didfeeent diameters and pitch. What would be a good diameter and pitch prop to break in and to run after break in? The size for 60cc are 23x10 24x8 24x12 from JC super props.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
I have been using the 23x10 since the start. The plane is so overpowered with the EVO 62 that it is rarely under a big loads. I kept the flight envelope pretty gentle for a few tanks to be kind to the engine and then started having fun with it. I have a feeling I could go to the 24x12, but there really is no need.

Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,693 Posts
same here....a friend of mine and I both have 62s, mine is in a H9 Mustang and his is in an EF 300, and we both run Xoar 23/10 from day one.

Ali, spent the weekend flying the X Cub...lovin' the gear! and if you think it's overpowered with the 62, come fly the 70!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
same here....a friend of mine and I both have 62s, mine is in a H9 Mustang and his is in an EF 300, and we both run Xoar 23/10 from day one.

Ali, spent the weekend flying the X Cub...lovin' the gear! and if you think it's overpowered with the 62, come fly the 70!

Great to hear that the gear is working out for you! Yep. I need to run the DLE twin I have more.. Too many toys, not enough time.

Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by Ironfrog25
Joined Feb 2019
2 Posts
Thank you Ali and FGNewbie for the prop info for the X-Cub. I just finished building the Hangar 9 P3 Revolution 60cc and cant wait to get it out and fly it this spring. Iím going to start with 23x10 for breakin and then after a gallon switch over to 24x10 for the rest of the time on the P3.
Ali will the Hangar 9 Cubcrafters Xcub be on display at the toleado show? Also will there be any for purchase at the show?
Ironfrog25 is offline Find More Posts by Ironfrog25

Quick Reply