Trader Rating: 0
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!
Halifax,NC
Joined Jul 2007
1,219 Posts
Discussion
Dx 18 with flag graphic

Just curious if it would even be worth my time what would be the going price on one of these radios without recievers??
DoubleA is offline Find More Posts by DoubleA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2020, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Trader Rating: 27
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,092 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
If you do a search within Classifieds for DX18 or DX18G2 (depending on which one you have, you can get a good idea of what they've sold for. I'd look at both FG and RCG to get a better idea of asking prices. DX18, which do not have voice, go for appreciably less than the DX18G2.

Good luck.

FWIW, some people will see a vinyl graphic as a negative, either because it's not their style, or because they think that it may be hiding scratches or other damage underneath. Even though it cost money to buy the graphic, such a radio could be worth less. That's the risk with personalizing things.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 02-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
Trader Rating: 1
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I have a recently refreshed (November 2019, by Horizon) DX-18G1 for sale exactly as you describe. I added the graphic to differentiate it from the other DX-18’s at the fields I fly at. I’m selling it because I have a new iX20. After this pic was taken, it was refreshed with a new display, new battery and has all the latest updates for the new telemetry and Smart products. It comes with a Mil Spec PVS-7 (real) Pelican case as well.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Last edited by ghoffman; 02-05-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by DoubleA
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!
Halifax,NC
Joined Jul 2007
1,219 Posts
Yep that graphic is the same, the only difference is mine IS the 2nd gen. Also i have the stand up two radio case i would let go with it. What are you trying to get for yours if you dont mind me asking??

QUOTE=ghoffman;2942613]I have a recently refreshed (November 2019, by Horizon) DX-18G1 for sale exactly as you describe. I added the graphic to differentiate it from the other DX-18’s at the fields I fly at. I’m selling it because I have a new iX20. After this pic was taken, it was refreshed with a new display, new battery and has all the latest updates for the new telemetry and Smart products. It comes with a Mil Spec PVS-7 (real) Pelican case as well.[/QUOTE]
DoubleA is offline Find More Posts by DoubleA
Old 02-23-2020, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Trader Rating: 6
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
I've seen them go from $400-$500. The $400 range is a quick sale price I'm sure. I'd say at try for $500 or a fuzz more.

The graphics could be a positive or negative. In my case, I installed my graphic(same scheme, same transmitter) to protect it, as my 18G2 is still in excellent condition...and I hope to keep it that way. The graphics definitely will protect from superficial evidence of everyday use.

However in my opinion the graphics won't add value. They're only $15 to buy. With that said though, if the tranny is perfect under the graphic, definitely disclose that info, as well as the graphic can be easily removed without a trace if a new owner chooses.
If you're not sure yourself if the radio is in good condition underneath, well... your call there.. but if you're sure its perfect then say it in your post. That's where the graphics could play in your favor...maybe.

The 18G2's are popular and still very relevant, and do sell quickly. Good luck with it.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant

Quick Reply