logo
Old 12-26-2019, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by Nabeel 1234
Joined Jun 2017
3 Posts
Discussion
A little information required.

Hi all.

I hope you guys are doing great. Happy Christmas and advance happy new year.

I have a question regarding setting a new model with 2 aileron servos. Had been using a y harness before.

If I select two ailerons on the wing in the menu does it make channel 5 on the receiver aileron 2 and works with the aileron stick and trim by default. Or have to mix channel 5 with channel one to make it work.

Same question relates with dual elevator servos. Pls guide.

Thanks in advance.

Happy holidays.

Nabeel Akram.
Nabeel 1234 is offline Find More Posts by Nabeel 1234
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-26-2019, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
613 Posts
How about telling us what type of transmitter you're trying to set up? It's very hard to answer a question or give information when we don't know what we're giving it for.

I have Spektrum experience, so I can say on the Spektrum system, once you choose the wing-type, you go into the Rx Port Assignment screen, and see which port the ailerons were assigned too(and every other assignment).

It won't necessarily assign the second aileron servo to the gear channel though... and you might have to manually assign/mix the gear channel with the aileron ch. if that's what you want to achieve.

Aside from where the tranny assigns the second aileron servo, the number of channels the Rx has makes a difference too. If you only have a 6ch Rx, and the tranny assigns second aileron servo to ch. 7... there's where you'll have to change the assignment in the tranny to ch.5(or whatever channel you want). All the same goes for the elevator servos... and you will probably have to reverse one of the elevator servos as well... once you find out where everything is assigned... This is all based on Spektrum though.... The Futaba guys will have to answer about that brand.. It's probably similar, but I'm not sure.

So what Tranny and receiver, brand and model# of both..... how many channels is the plane?..etc.... The more info you give, the less we have to play 100 questions.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 12-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Joined Jun 2017
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrant View Post
How about telling us what type of transmitter you're trying to set up? It's very hard to answer a question or give information when we don't know what we're giving it for.

I have Spektrum experience, so I can say on the Spektrum system, once you choose the wing-type, you go into the Rx Port Assignment screen, and see which port the ailerons were assigned too(and every other assignment).

It won't necessarily assign the second aileron servo to the gear channel though... and you might have to manually assign/mix the gear channel with the aileron ch. if that's what you want to achieve.

Aside from where the tranny assigns the second aileron servo, the number of channels the Rx has makes a difference too. If you only have a 6ch Rx, and the tranny assigns second aileron servo to ch. 7... there's where you'll have to change the assignment in the tranny to ch.5(or whatever channel you want). All the same goes for the elevator servos... and you will probably have to reverse one of the elevator servos as well... once you find out where everything is assigned... This is all based on Spektrum though.... The Futaba guys will have to answer about that brand.. It's probably similar, but I'm not sure.

So what Tranny and receiver, brand and model# of both..... how many channels is the plane?..etc.... The more info you give, the less we have to play 100 questions.
Hi there.

I am using Hitec Flash 7 with Optima 9 RX. 2 aileron and two elevator setup.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
613 Posts
Nabeel, the Spektrum info I gave you obviously doesn't apply in any way to your Hitec system.

Unfortunately the Hitec systems aren't used near as much as other systems, so it might take a little while to find someone that can guide you through it. Someone would have to be very well practiced with it, or study it in detail to see if what you're wanting can even be done.

I'm not even sure you can do what you're needing on a 7ch system, as at this point, I have no clue as to what other functions you're wanting to operate, or how many mixes that system can do.

Fortunately there's a pretty decent manual I found online, and I'll study that and ponder it, and see if at some point I can guide you a little bit... but I'm not sure how far without having the transmitter right in front of me. Most of us have alot of experience and have done things like this, but it's been a long time for some of us since we've programmed different radios other then the ones we currently own.

If this was Spektrum or Futaba I'd be able to help much easier, but I'm just not that familiar with Hitec to give guidance over the web... and I wouldn't want to give you bad information.

Here's a link to the manual if you or anyone is interested in having a look at the system...

https://hitecrcd.com/files/Flash7Manual_Final.pdf

I think it's the system you have. I'll ponder it too for a bit... until then you study it and hopefully you'll figure it out. Good luck with it.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 12-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,098 Posts
Start a new thread titled Help setting up Hitec radio, then you will get help. Explain what you need the original thread could have been asking for help growing Oranges.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 12-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by lancairron
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Jan 2009
264 Posts
Quote:
Nabeel, the Spektrum info I gave you obviously doesn't apply in any way to your Hitec system.

Unfortunately the Hitec systems aren't used near as much as other systems, so it might take a little while to find someone that can guide you through it. Someone would have to be very well practiced with it, or study it in detail to see if what you're wanting can even be done.

I'm not even sure you can do what you're needing on a 7ch system, as at this point, I have no clue as to what other functions you're wanting to operate, or how many mixes that system can do.

Fortunately there's a pretty decent manual I found online, and I'll study that and ponder it, and see if at some point I can guide you a little bit... but I'm not sure how far without having the transmitter right in front of me. Most of us have alot of experience and have done things like this, but it's been a long time for some of us since we've programmed different radios other then the ones we currently own.

If this was Spektrum or Futaba I'd be able to help much easier, but I'm just not that familiar with Hitec to give guidance over the web... and I wouldn't want to give you bad information.

Here's a link to the manual if you or anyone is interested in having a look at the system...

https://hitecrcd.com/files/Flash7Manual_Final.pdf

I think it's the system you have. I'll ponder it too for a bit... until then you study it and hopefully you'll figure it out. Good luck with it.
Nice job Dgrant! Not only were you respectful of Nabeel's question, but you also provided him with a valuable resource. Mature, thoughtful, treatment of our fellow men and women is sorely needed these days...
lancairron is offline Find More Posts by lancairron
Old 12-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by whiskey29
Joined Sep 2017
52 Posts
Hi,
I dont own HiteC anymore, however the general way for modern programmable radios are

It should do second aileron on ch5(according to hitec manual) and one trim should for for both ailerons by default.

On the other hand, using two elevator servos on regular tail, one method that might not need mixing is, in the channel menu, assign one unused channel to be controlled by the joystick for elevator, it should be J2 if you are mode 2, then you might need to subtrim and set endpoint that servo to match the other one.
However, if for some reason your elevator servo moves at slightly different rate, you need to do mixing for that, even that might not fix the problem.
whiskey29 is offline Find More Posts by whiskey29
Old 12-29-2019, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancairron View Post
Nice job Dgrant! Not only were you respectful of Nabeel's question, but you also provided him with a valuable resource. Mature, thoughtful, treatment of our fellow men and women is sorely needed these days...
^^^^^^^^^
tande is online now Find More Posts by tande
Old 01-16-2020, 11:10 AM
Joined Jun 2017
3 Posts
Quote:

Hi there.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I am not good at reading manuals. Read the manual few pages. Sorted out the 2 aileron channel assignment.

In my observation 2 elevator setup requires 2 channels.

Thanks a lot.

Nabeel Akram.

Quick Reply