logo
Old 01-21-2016, 01:20 AM
Find More Posts by JMFLYING
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
JMFLYING is offline Find More Posts by JMFLYING
Last edited by JMFLYING; 05-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
Old 01-23-2016, 12:45 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
Old 01-23-2016, 12:52 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
Last edited by JMFLYING; 05-04-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by atchfoot
United States, KS, Atchison
Joined Feb 2008
192 Posts
Landing gear mount area on fuse is weak. Vibration from DLE 20 caused the bolt to damage the balsa. Had to strip covering in the area and install plywood doublers.
Top rail of engine mount is very weak and mine had delaminated and vibrated loose from the body of the fuse. Even though it could easily be repaired, excessive movement of the top rail was evident. Pretty much a design phenomenon.

Flew nicely and handled a lot like full fused model at moderate to brisk speeds. Mine handled poorly at slower speeds. Seemed like the elevator was in the turbulent flow behind the wing. Sometimes the elevator was blanked out by the dirty airflow from wing during slower maneuvers.

I believe there are better choices.
atchfoot is offline Find More Posts by atchfoot
Old 01-28-2016, 04:27 AM
Find More Posts by krxprt
United States, MI, Davisburg
Joined Jan 2011
1,295 Posts
20cc Sbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchfoot View Post
Landing gear mount area on fuse is weak. Vibration from DLE 20 caused the bolt to damage the balsa. Had to strip covering in the area and install plywood doublers.
Top rail of engine mount is very weak and mine had delaminated and vibrated loose from the body of the fuse. Even though it could easily be repaired, excessive movement of the top rail was evident. Pretty much a design phenomenon.

Flew nicely and handled a lot like full fused model at moderate to brisk speeds. Mine handled poorly at slower speeds. Seemed like the elevator was in the turbulent flow behind the wing. Sometimes the elevator was blanked out by the dirty airflow from wing during slower maneuvers.

I believe there are better choices.
Mine fly's the same. At higher speed it flies rock solid but slow it down and look out. It just looses everything. You just can't bring it down under 75' or you won't be able to catch it. Didn't like the plane so I sold the engine and pulled the servos.
krxprt is offline Find More Posts by krxprt
Old 01-30-2016, 05:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2015
287 Posts
Last edited by JMFLYING; 05-04-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by raydar
Joined Nov 2009
1,178 Posts
Lol can't fly this low down or fly at slow speed, rubbish.

Fragile, yes they are.

I have had two of these, they could be the best flying 20cc engine arf out there for the money, what a hoot. Mental power to weight and 3d capabilites, I loved mine, last one died doing rolling harriers - 6" off the ground lol.

BUT I agree they are to weak and have not bought a third as they are to fragile, a few hard landings, the vibs of the engine, picking it up in the wrong place, they don't take long in falling apart under the covering. sounds like yours came already with a broken spine from shipping damage or something.

There is supposed to be a version with carbon tubes running down the fuse now, never tried it, if a beefed up version was available to me at $139 dollars, I would def buy one.
raydar is offline Find More Posts by raydar
Old 01-31-2016, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by baja_patient
Joined Jul 2013
286 Posts
I have an extra 330sc version Peak profile, its pretty crap to be honest. First one tanked on a deadstick, that was my/the engines fault tho. I built with a custom header n pipe combo, cos my club complains about noise all the time. Weighing around a pound the setup made it way heavy. As mentioned before it flies nice at speeds, carves around etc... But slow speeds it is very unstable, wing rock, dropping a wing easy etc... Plus the DLE 20, at least mine, has horrible mid range, which i have not been able to tune out. I have taken the pipe off and have gone back to the profile downturned exhaust can. While try it flying rogue, somewhere else than the field due to noise. If i cant fly it properly low n slow with a pound in weight reduction (it was meant to be a gas/3D trainer) then i will strip the savox n electronics n put em in another plane. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. Get a proper plane!
baja_patient is offline Find More Posts by baja_patient
Old 01-31-2016, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by raydar
Joined Nov 2009
1,178 Posts
Not going to argue about the dle 20 mid range, I removed mine and fitted a rcg 20 as the dle 20 would only run consistently a bit rich which made it crap for transition.

Tried everything and twice, only gas engine that beat me.

Still got it but in a sky bolt that does not need as fine a tune.

Honestly at 8 lbs and with such a big wing (the sbach has the least out them all) I found it to be a pussy cat, I have honestly had a foamie that flys heavier and was less forgiving.

If only it was stronger
raydar is offline Find More Posts by raydar
Last edited by raydar; 01-31-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by baja_patient
Joined Jul 2013
286 Posts
Exactly right! Also the one gasser which beat me... The RCG 20 ? Hows that then? Cheers
baja_patient is offline Find More Posts by baja_patient

Quick Reply