logo
Old 09-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
690 Posts
Lower your aileron rates first thing. Learn it at a slower roll rate then bring the rates back up.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-12-2019, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by rcbobp
Have Fun And Fly
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
With engine torque, is it better to roll left or right? Or doesn't it matter?
rcbobp is offline Find More Posts by rcbobp
Old 09-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Just your easiest roll direction. I can do them great to the right, still working on the left.

You do it so much, you will build up some muscle memory.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 09-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch View Post
Don't be too quick to give up! I have a genetic nerve disorder taking out my legs and effecting my hands, and am in my 50s... With a ton of effort I can make a few laps doing rolling harriers in different directions. I was always known for my patience, uh, known for not having any, so there's an example of why you should keep trying! With my limits I focus on Kyle Woyshnis' style as I've never been a fan of XA to start with. Being able to do the slow moves with finesse is my goal. Rifle rolls are something I just tinker with at times. Inverted harriers are my Achilles Heal... For some stupid reason the pucker factor kills these.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I do still mess with it, but at 68, feeling my reflexes and timing are not quite up to it!

On a related note, I stopped riding a motorcycle a while back, because I was no longer confident in my ability to avoid a car making a left in front of me. Happens all the time. A biker is killed, and the driver of the 4 wheeler says oops, with no further accountability. After a lifetime of riding, not worth it to me any more.
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks
Old 09-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHicks View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I do still mess with it, but at 68, feeling my reflexes and timing are not quite up to it!

On a related note, I stopped riding a motorcycle a while back, because I was no longer confident in my ability to avoid a car making a left in front of me. Happens all the time. A biker is killed, and the driver of the 4 wheeler says oops, with no further accountability. After a lifetime of riding, not worth it to me any more.
Smart Man! .....
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old 09-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
3,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHicks View Post

Ha... you're so right...it's why I stopped Road Racing Superbikes....another Trophy wasn't worth not being able to walk, or worse !!!!
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 09-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
690 Posts
You have to know your limits. The smart ones don’t exceed them. At least practicing rolls you have a better chance of going home after an oops.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy082662 View Post
Ha... you're so right...it's why I stopped Road Racing Superbikes....another Trophy wasn't worth not being able to walk, or worse !!!!

Racing, yes. It's been awhile now, but a few years ago (10 already?) I stopped riding super high powered sleds as fast as I could on 10' wide trails through the trees in the middle of the night in all kinds of conditions. The worse they were, the better we liked it! 40 years of riding so many thousands of miles with never an injury accident. So many butt puckered moments though. We used to drink early on, but then the sleds became enough where you didn't dare!

On a 600 lb sled with an easy 150+hp on tap, it doesn't take long at all to get in serious trouble.

If I crashed a sled, it was always on a track. We were in the hay bales several times! Thanks for the memories! Sorry to derail the topic. -Al
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks

Quick Reply