logo
Old 10-17-2016, 09:59 AM
BAS
Find More Posts by BAS
BAS
ALTOONA , IOWA
Joined Jan 2006
834 Posts
Sounds good i just need to spend a few hours getting mine in sky i have a DLE 20 but i have heard good things about your power plant really producing a lot of power .
BAS is offline Find More Posts by BAS
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2006
2,623 Posts
With a little dremel work on the wood mounts a RCGF 26 can be mounted - I did mine this way
rooman is online now Find More Posts by rooman
Old 10-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by hosam
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Oct 2006
89 Posts
Guys, I am considering this airframe for my DLE 20RA. how has this airframe been holding up? any issues so far?

Regards
Hosam
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
Old 10-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by Splat
United States, GA, Hartwell
Joined May 2008
3 Posts
Its a good flyer and looks great in the air...The plane is quality and low cost for such a big plane....I was a little un impressed when I had a brand new dle 20ra on it...It wasn't broken in and it seemed lacking in power...so I put a fully broken in dle20 on it and its a lot better...and very acceptable ...with a decent climb out from a hover...If you put a bigger engine on it it would be really nice...but not too many choices out there in beam mount engines...
Splat is offline Find More Posts by Splat
Old 12-28-2016, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by RC_Feen
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Sep 2010
1,090 Posts
Round 2 & 3 Good but have questions

So today my son and I headed to the field for my second maiden of the RW Edge 540 profile and my son's first flight of our foam 36" Edge 540. My sons maiden flight with the 36" Edge was awesome. I knew he could do it and he did really well. Flew 4 packs! My maiden of the RW Edge 540 went good and was able to trim it out and flew a couple of circuits until the DLE20 died in flight and I successfully dead stick the landing. Fired it up again then same thing after about 30 seconds in the air the DLE20 died again and I dead sticked the landing again. Needles on the DLE20 are still at default settings. Question is should I lead out the low speed needle a little bit? There was a lot of exhaust residue/oil on the side of the plane. Looks really rich. DLE20 is a new engine and this is only the third running. Don't think I have a full tank (20oz) through the engine yet. I'll post some pic's when I can. Thanks!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old 12-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by RC_Feen
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Sep 2010
1,090 Posts
Here are some photo's of how rich the DLE20 is running:
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen