Old 06-07-2017, 07:49 PM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Mar 2015
99 Posts
X24 - AutoMatch setup video

Here is a quick video showing how the AutoMatch setup is done.

X24 AutoMatch (9 min 31 sec)
XPS is offline Find More Posts by XPS
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-15-2017, 09:26 AM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
Joined Mar 2015
99 Posts
SBUS2 NOTICE

Apparently Futaba has changed the SBUS2 protocol output in a recent Tx firmware upgrade. As a result, when using the SBUS2 output on a Futaba receiver like a 7008SB, there will be significant lost packets. The SBUS output on the receiver works fine, it's just the SBUS2 output (for telemetry sensors) is where the problem is. So, until this issue can be resolved, please use the SBUS output port and not the SBUS2 output port when connecting to the X24.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:01 PM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
Joined Mar 2015
99 Posts
I was able to find and resolve the issue supporting the SBUS2 port. Most people never use this port because it's typically used for sensors and not driving SBUS devices. It doesn't offer anything extra other than being in a different location on the receiver, but hey, I wanted to support it. I am working on a couple of other enhancements and I will make the v1.5 firmware update available shortly. IF you placed an order for a X24 in the last few days, your order is being held for the firmware update. Those orders will ship tomorrow or Monday.

As always, I am open to suggesting for this product. There is a huge amount of CPU processing time available, so other than playing Tetris on the display (which is possible), if you have idea for a feature please let me know!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,107 Posts
It just keeps getting better! .....
tande is online now Find More Posts by tande
Old 06-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2008
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPS View Post
so other than playing Tetris on the display (which is possible)
I'd like to know:

A. Have you actually done this?
B. Is Snake a possiblity?
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 06-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPS View Post
I was able to find and resolve the issue supporting the SBUS2 port. Most people never use this port because it's typically used for sensors and not driving SBUS devices. It doesn't offer anything extra other than being in a different location on the receiver, but hey, I wanted to support it. I am working on a couple of other enhancements and I will make the v1.5 firmware update available shortly. IF you placed an order for a X24 in the last few days, your order is being held for the firmware update. Those orders will ship tomorrow or Monday.

As always, I am open to suggesting for this product. There is a huge amount of CPU processing time available, so other than playing Tetris on the display (which is possible), if you have idea for a feature please let me know!
What about an integrated stabilizer or the ability to interface with one? Spek has one in the works for their new powersafes. I think it would be awesome to use a device like the Aura 8 from Flex Innovations where the serial input could run in and back out of their unit and then be processed by the X24.

Jay
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 06-19-2017, 10:43 PM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
Joined Mar 2015
99 Posts
The X24 Pro has an integrated stabilization system consisting of a 3-axis gyro, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer, and barometric pressure sensor. This will be available later this year, and any existing X24 can be upgraded for a fee.

I could make Snake or Tetris, but maybe Space Invaders might be better.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:49 AM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
Joined Mar 2015
99 Posts
We just released the new updater program to update the firmware to v1.5. This corrects the SBUS2 issue, makes a few changes to the LED code, and adds the ability to reset the X24 to the factory defaults from the emergency Serial Link mode (not sure if will be needed, but it's there just in case).

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/X24/X24-updater15.exe

All of the orders placed from late last week were held pending the firmware and are now shipping.