logo
Old 04-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by helivflyer
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
889 Posts
Jeff, you nailed the unknown and that is where you pulled ahead. Even though Basic fly's their know for the unknown round, the score for the unknown can not be dropped and counts as %20 of the contest.
Great job to all pilots that came out and braved the weather and their nerves for the first contest of the season. Nobody had much if any practice which made for some interesting flying. I think that this was the first contest that I received more zeros on my Known than the Unknown!
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by Extra pilot
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Jun 2012
155 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Would like to personally invite you to the upcoming Weaver Field IMAC Challenge on the 23rd, 24th & 25th of June, 2017 located in Othello, WA.

Once again, if you have ever attended this event in previous years when my wife Sandra and I host it, you’ll remember that it’s one you don’t want to miss. Now that I’m back riding the horse so to say, not laid up due to the “C” word, I look forward to having you come and experience an IMAC event you’ll never forget and won’t want to miss. Keep your eyes peeled for the Othello IMAC outdoor cafe’s menu coming soon to a website near you (FlyingGiants & Mini-iac.org)

I hope that the regular pilots and their family members will commit to his event and persuade newer pilots to attend our tribal community events here in the Pacific Northwest. Please talk to your local pilots, practice with them and encourage them to come and fly with us. Remind them that a basic pilot can fly nearly any type of aircraft in that class. There is no need to have a 30% or larger, please ease their minds it’s about the comradery and flying with a purpose.

On another note: FREESTYLE is on at my event. There are a couple of stipulations I would like everyone to be aware of prior to the event. We all have seen the demise of the freestyle events at our contests throughout the years, I aim to bring it back on a smaller scale and where everyone is playing on the same field where nobody feels outgunned. So, with that being said here are the Othello IMAC FREESTYLE stipulations.
No GAS powered aircraft of any kind allowed (NO NITRO or GAS) only electric.
No aircraft over 48” in wing length.
Any foam/balsa/small ARF electric powered aircraft are allowed.
Music will be provided at no cost.
Must have fun!
Extra pilot is offline Find More Posts by Extra pilot
Old 04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Nate_The_Dude
Team PNW
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra pilot View Post
Must have fun!
What if its just a really loud electric
Nate_The_Dude is offline Find More Posts by Nate_The_Dude
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by Extra pilot
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Jun 2012
155 Posts
Let er' rip tater chip ... "Richard Rawlins"
Extra pilot is offline Find More Posts by Extra pilot
Old 04-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by R_adical
United States, MT, Garrison
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Would like to personally invite you to the upcoming Weaver Field IMAC Challenge on the 23rd, 24th & 25th of June, 2017 located in Othello, WA.

Once again, if you have ever attended this event in previous years when my wife Sandra and I host it, you’ll remember that it’s one you don’t want to miss. Now that I’m back riding the horse so to say, not laid up due to the “C” word, I look forward to having you come and experience an IMAC event you’ll never forget and won’t want to miss. Keep your eyes peeled for the Othello IMAC outdoor cafe’s menu coming soon to a website near you (FlyingGiants & Mini-iac.org)

I hope that the regular pilots and their family members will commit to his event and persuade newer pilots to attend our tribal community events here in the Pacific Northwest. Please talk to your local pilots, practice with them and encourage them to come and fly with us. Remind them that a basic pilot can fly nearly any type of aircraft in that class. There is no need to have a 30% or larger, please ease their minds it’s about the comradery and flying with a purpose.

On another note: FREESTYLE is on at my event. There are a couple of stipulations I would like everyone to be aware of prior to the event. We all have seen the demise of the freestyle events at our contests throughout the years, I aim to bring it back on a smaller scale and where everyone is playing on the same field where nobody feels outgunned. So, with that being said here are the Othello IMAC FREESTYLE stipulations.
Must have fun!
I look forward to it
R_adical is online now Find More Posts by R_adical
Old 04-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by AcScotty
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Must have fun!
That sounds like a great event!
I like your free style idea! I've got a twisted hobbies SBACH that I could use for that.
I'll hopefully be able to get that time off work.
If I can, I'll be there.
Happy to hear your doing well, great news Gale!
Scott
AcScotty is offline Find More Posts by AcScotty
Old 04-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
United States, WA, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2016
174 Posts
Redundant power systems

Looks like I'll be moving up to a 50cc gasser. Seems like I should probably have redundant power for at least rx and servos. I've been looking around... lots of different stuff out there. Recommendations?
FlyerAllan is offline Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
Old 04-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerAllan View Post
Looks like I'll be moving up to a 50cc gasser. Seems like I should probably have redundant power for at least rx and servos. I've been looking around... lots of different stuff out there. Recommendations?

What brand radio do you use??
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 04-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
United States, WA, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2016
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthudson View Post
What brand radio do you use??
Spektrum. I looked at powersafe receivers but right now it looks like everything is discontinued or recalled and the new stuff won't be available until end of June.
FlyerAllan is offline Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
Old 04-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerAllan View Post
Spektrum. I looked at powersafe receivers but right now it looks like everything is discontinued or recalled and the new stuff won't be available until end of June.

I use powersafe in all my setup's and love the simplicity, even on a 40%. I've been lucky and purchased some used with good success. I just saw a 12ch listed here last night.

Scott
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 04-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by chymas
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
Who's ready to fly?

If you're coming to the Spring Fling get signed up, bring extra fuel and be ready to fly.

Pilots meeting will be at 0800 sharp, flying at 0830. With some cooperation from the pilots each round will take 2.5 hours - I am looking at having 3 rounds of knowns on Saturday with the Freestyle right after Unlimited gets done. Sunday we will have the unknown followed by a known round. As most of you know, this requires pilots and judges being ready and where they are supposed to be when they need to be there.

Friday evening for anyone interested we will do a semi potluck and Saturday for those who want to go to town I will leave that up to Rick. Breakfast and lunch will be available Saturday and Sunday.

Judging matrix will trump the flight order so don't get used to flying behind the same guy all weekend.

For those who don't get signed up before hand - you are my go to judge if I need someone to fill a spot so it may benefit you to sign up early.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old 04-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by crownline
Steve
United States, ID
Joined May 2006
581 Posts
Pilots meeting at 8:00 AM !!

we Finally get to sleep in a little at your contest.
crownline is offline Find More Posts by crownline
Last edited by crownline; 04-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post
If you're coming to the Spring Fling get signed up, bring extra fuel and be ready to fly.

Pilots meeting will be at 0800 sharp, flying at 0830. With some cooperation from the pilots each round will take 2.5 hours - I am looking at having 3 rounds of knowns on Saturday with the Freestyle right after Unlimited gets done. Sunday we will have the unknown followed by a known round. As most of you know, this requires pilots and judges being ready and where they are supposed to be when they need to be there.

Friday evening for anyone interested we will do a semi potluck and Saturday for those who want to go to town I will leave that up to Rick. Breakfast and lunch will be available Saturday and Sunday.

Judging matrix will trump the flight order so don't get used to flying behind the same guy all weekend.

For those who don't get signed up before hand - you are my go to judge if I need someone to fill a spot so it may benefit you to sign up early.

Does this mean i can go home early on Sunday?
Old 04-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by chymas
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
IF we can keep things rolling we could have Unlimited done flying by noon Sunday. Given a little time to tabulate the scores and hand out awards, possibly on the road by 1 or so.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old 04-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
+1

Quick Reply