Old 06-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by chymas
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
Excited for Othella! I finally decided to Join the 21st century and got the 2.4 radio installed today. See everyone in 2 weels or so! Would there be a problem if i showed up the Tuesday or Wednesday before the contest for practice? If i cant, no worries, see yall' soon!
Just a guess but they will probably be watering up till Thursday since they have an event the previous weekend.

If you show up you can probably work something out with Cain.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
United States, WA, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2016
53 Posts
Maiden flight SUCCESS!!

Thanks to Nate R (for providing some gas and tuning up my motor yesterday at sound check) and John W (for letting me fly as guest at RAMS) I was able to get the maiden flight done this evening at RAMS. I just flew laps for the first flight... shaking the whole time. I managed a few sequence maneuvers on the second flight. Hammers were terrible... it's going to take some more practice to figure out how to do them with this airplane.

Jeff B
FlyerAllan is offline Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
Old 06-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerAllan View Post
Thanks to Nate R (for providing some gas and tuning up my motor yesterday at sound check) and John W (for letting me fly as guest at RAMS) I was able to get the maiden flight done this evening at RAMS. I just flew laps for the first flight... shaking the whole time. I managed a few sequence maneuvers on the second flight. Hammers were terrible... it's going to take some more practice to figure out how to do them with this airplane.

Jeff B
Congrats on the maiden!

Dan
Dan767 is offline Find More Posts by Dan767
Last edited by Dan767; 06-12-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by helivflyer
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
737 Posts
Good job and congratulations Jeff! I am sure you will get used to the plane soon.
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer
Old 06-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
United States, WA, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2016
53 Posts
What type gas?

Finally got my gas can with pump from Slimline. What type gas do you guys run? Octane? Non-oxygenated? Ethanol free?

Is everybody running Redline for oil?
FlyerAllan is offline Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
Old 06-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
439 Posts
Quote:
Finally got my gas can with pump from Slimline. What type gas do you guys run? Octane? Non-oxygenated? Ethanol free?

I'm running ethanol free supreme, only because super is the only way I can find ethanol free, not because our model engines require super. If I could find ethanol free in regular grade I would probably use that.

I happen to use Stihl Ultra HP. Again because of availability. I can get it by the gallon at a chainsaw shop across the street from where I work. Most people I know use Red Line. Both are considered top tier. Be sure to mix your ratio based on engine manufacturer specs, not oil specs. i.e. DLE recommends 32:1 while I believe DA recommends 40:1

Good thing you asked here (NW IMAC). You don't want to start another oil debate thread... just kidding
sthudson is online now Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by R_adical
United States, MT, Garrison
Joined Apr 2011
52 Posts
Quote:

I got mine abut 2 weeks ago, they are sweet

I use redline
R_adical is offline Find More Posts by R_adical
Old 06-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by TheRooster
Australia, VIC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 2006
994 Posts
If anyone has an ignition for a single cylinder ZDZ 80 i could use for the weekend, please shoot me a message! I just got her repaired after the first crash of my second life.....lol, hope to see everyone in a week!
TheRooster is offline Find More Posts by TheRooster
Old 06-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by helivflyer
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helivflyer View Post
I plan on going to the BARKS flying field Saturday to get in some much needed IMAC practice. If anybody is looking for pointers or a little help improving their IMAC skills I will be there from about 10:30 through afternoon.

Michael Verzwyvelt
Going to try it this weekend without the pattern contest
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer
Old 06-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by TheRooster
Australia, VIC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 2006
994 Posts
I wont have my ignition arive till after the Othella event. Hope everyone has a great time and should be in Zillah after the ignition shows up, the frame is ready to go!
TheRooster is offline Find More Posts by TheRooster
Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by dqman40rock
editor
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Sep 2006
661 Posts
In case no one knows here is the shootout info for 2017 It will be happening late October.
http://www.tucsonaerobaticshootout.com/
dqman40rock is offline Find More Posts by dqman40rock
Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Mar 2007
2,314 Posts
So.....anyone in the group got a 50-60cc sized airframe they're looking to get rid of for something less than a arm and a leg.....maybe just an arm and some fingers..... I pranged my little H9 Carden Yak the other day and the damage is a little more than I thought. I just need a air frame......none of the components......I dont really care what it looks like as long as its reasonably structurally sound......I need a cheapo airplane that I can practice things with that I dont have to worry about. Anyway.....if you're looking to get rid of something....shoot me a PM or contact me on facebook....thanks!

CB
castlebravo is offline Find More Posts by castlebravo
Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo View Post
So.....anyone in the group got a 50-60cc sized airframe they're looking to get rid of for something less than a arm and a leg.....maybe just an arm and some fingers..... I pranged my little H9 Carden Yak the other day and the damage is a little more than I thought. I just need a air frame......none of the components......I dont really care what it looks like as long as its reasonably structurally sound......I need a cheapo airplane that I can practice things with that I dont have to worry about. Anyway.....if you're looking to get rid of something....shoot me a PM or contact me on facebook....thanks!

CB

I received a 55cc SD models Yak 54 in a part trade. I'm going to part it out and will have just the airframe. It's no beauty queen! But was flying at our club when I received it. It's only going to be a $200 airframe. Currently has a DLE-55 with header and can, Falcon carbon prop, Savox servos.

I'll be coming up next month for Molalla.

Scott
sthudson is online now Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Martins
I Just Want to Hover
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Mar 2006
122 Posts
pics of AJ Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo View Post

CB
Chris, some pics of the AJ Slick
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old 06-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Mar 2007
2,314 Posts
Bill,
Sent you a PM

Scott,
I may be interested! Could you send me some pics when you get a chance? Definitely in the right price range Any chance you're looking for some CF props (2B) and a spinner for a 170? I got one Falcon new in package and a couple of others drilled for DA 170....not sure of the sizes at the moment (they're at home) but I know one is a 30/13 and the others are similar (29/12, etc). I'm gonna list them for sale here soon but I'm all about workin out a trade or partial trade if you know what I mean

Thanks Guys!

CB
castlebravo is offline Find More Posts by castlebravo