Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Help!
Tailwheel selection

Its likely me, but I find the website very convoluted and hard to pick through the information to find EXACTLY whats included and what I need. So maybe you guys can help or maybe Vern can chime in.

Im looking for a CF compression steering tailwheel for 30% plane.

Do I order the $91.00 assembly and thats it, or do I order the $91 assembly and compression steering kit...The picture clearly shows a tiller steering system, but the caption says no steering system is included

If I have to order the kit, does it include EVERYTHING I need including the steering bracket that mounts to the bottom of the rudder and the carrier?

Also is it feasible to run a compression style steering with a 30%...ive always used tiller style despite my dislike for it.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Last edited by boggintuff; 04-20-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by Vern Smith
whiteroseeng.com
Naples Florida
Joined Aug 2006
319 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, being a computer Luddite maintaining the web site has become a dreaded nightmare. Most of the pictures on the tail wheel page are five plus years old and out of date. As you will note the other pages cover products developed later and I went to graphic renderings which I could generate in my CAD-CAM program.

The tail wheel assemblies include everything that is permanently attached to the tail wheel assembly, including the steering arm that can be bolted to the top (permanently) It does not include any steering hardware because I offer two distinct types of steering hardware and there is no parts commonality between them. I offer a download PDF that goes into some length with drawings so the correct choice of steering hardware can be made. How you steer the tail wheel is very dependent of the configuration of the hard points on the back of your fuse.

I'm surprised you don't like the tiller system. It provides a much more positive steering system, is lighter and much morre trouble free than the springs, at least mine is That being said, I sell 10 spring kits for every tiller arm kit so what do I know.
Vern Smith is offline Find More Posts by Vern Smith
Old 04-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Sigh...really?
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Ok so if I understand u correctly I would need to order the $91 assembly and a tiller kit or compression kit separately. ..whichever way I choose to go?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by Vern Smith
whiteroseeng.com
Naples Florida
Joined Aug 2006
319 Posts
Yes, that's correct. The only other item that could impact this purchase is the spoked tail wheel with the hard urethene tire. It's also an extra cost option.
Vern Smith is offline Find More Posts by Vern Smith
Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Sigh...really?
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Thx vern
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Either way you go you will not be disappointed. Great product.
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats

Quick Reply