logo
Old 10-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Nicksalot
United States, GA, Ball Ground
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
DLE-55ra ignition swap question

Hey guys, I have a DLE-55ra installed on a top flite giant p-51. It has about 6 flights on it and it runs and flies awesome. It wouldn't start the other day, so I took the cowling off to see why. Turns out the spark plug wire was rubbing against the cowling and it had rubbed a hole in the wire causing it to arc before it got to the spark plug.

Long story short....the replacement ignition came today and I have it all mounted and ready to go. Will the engine require tuning after swapping the ignition? It takes a little while to take the cowling off and put back together, so I was trying to see if I need to run it and tune again before I put it all back together or if it should be good to go?

Thanks!
Nick
Nicksalot is offline Find More Posts by Nicksalot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
4,835 Posts
Shouldn't require re-tuning for an ignition swap. Protect that plug wire better on the new one though!
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 10-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by Nicksalot
United States, GA, Ball Ground
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
Shouldn't require re-tuning for an ignition swap. Protect that plug wire better on the new one though!
Thanks! That was my thought, too. It is wrapped and zip tied away from everything this time. Expensive mistake...luckily if didn't quit in flight. 😁
Nicksalot is offline Find More Posts by Nicksalot

Quick Reply