logo
This thread is privately moderated by Kiwi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts
Better late than never.

Well guys and gals I promised some photos and a few stories to give you an idea of what it took to get to Argentina for the World F3A champs.

Friday 9th we filled up the old truck with fuel, that hurt as it holds nearly 100 gallons of diesel and set sail for the East. Our intention (me and 22 year old son) was to make a small village way to heck and gone out the back called San Pedro de Atacama. That is the frontier where we needed to do immigration and customs etc. Its about a 4 hour drive from where we live.

Well we kicked her in the guts about 7pm and off we went like a startled rabbit, with no darned idea what lay ahead. I had never done this trip before and we did not know the way, had no map and no idea.

4 hours later we made the frontier and pulled up behind the military post to sleep the night. Now Latin America is no motor home haven and there are likely only a few dozen in the entire country. So sleeping sites dont exist, thus the choice to stay close to the police or the military. Maybe a false sense of security but its better than taking a chance out in the wop wops.

Seeing as that portion of the journey was in the dark there was a definite lack of opportunity to take photos.
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply