logo
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
United States, FL, Windermere
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts
Re: Lums Pond IMAC June 7/8 08

Well now that I know Matt and Frank will be there I can count on not getting too much sleep so if my flying is as bad as usual I will at least have a good excuse.

TOny
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybons View Post
Well now that I know Matt and Frank will be there I can count on not getting too much sleep so if my flying is as bad as usual I will at least have a good excuse.

TOny
As bad as usual...that's a laugh. I'm worried about having to keep up with you this year and now Matt is coming, I'm in serious trouble now

Jake,

Sounds like there may be a good turnout, this is gonna be so much fun and I live really close by so I can drive home in the evening if I want to...Yee Haw

Now all we need is a judging school in the NE and I'll be all set
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 12-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by Gregg28
Aviato Ergo Boom
Wilmington, DE
Joined Jul 2006
21 Posts

Sinergy,
I live in DE, have been flying for several years and am interested in IMAC. Will this event be a little more spectator friendly than Warbirds?
Gregg
Gregg28 is offline Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old 12-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Yes definately will be. Unlike the 150 pilots and 3500+ spectators we get at warbirds I am hoping for 15-30 pilots and maybe 50 or 100 spectators tops.

There won't really be a pitt area to walk through like warbirds.. but lots of room to walk around have a look.

I am hoping to do a mini judging seminar on the Friday while setup is going on. I am trying to bring in some people to do a judging seminar and of course practice flying will be open.

All new IMAC people are completely welcome... I suggest you look at the basic sequence videos posted in the general IMAC forum and download the sequence so you can go through the sequence yourself.

I know there will be some 1st time competitors there and the IMAC community is a friendly bunch so you will feel at home
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Since you are so close if you want to come down once it gets warmer I can give you some pointers on the basic sequence.

I must warn you.. it's very addicting!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Chapman
CAP?? What's that?
Avondale, Pa
Joined Jan 2006
626 Posts

Check out your local full scale IAC chapters. Most do judging seminars over the winter. I know the Harrisburg and Virginia chapters normaly take turnes every year running them. The Full scale IAC and IMAC stuff is very similar and is useful, however no longer exact. It would be a good head start if you attand a short deal that he said they might do on Friday. That on its own would not really get you ready to judge.
just my 2c
matt
Matt Chapman is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chapman
Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chapman View Post
Check out your local full scale IAC chapters. Most do judging seminars over the winter. I know the Harrisburg and Virginia chapters normaly take turnes every year running them. The Full scale IAC and IMAC stuff is very similar and is useful, however no longer exact. It would be a good head start if you attand a short deal that he said they might do on Friday. That on its own would not really get you ready to judge.
just my 2c
matt
Matt, where can I find information on this....
Old 12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Gregg28
Aviato Ergo Boom
Wilmington, DE
Joined Jul 2006
21 Posts

Is there a particular time when IMAC people get together and parctice? Like do they tend to show up on Sunday mornings or Tuesday nights or something. It would be nice to get out there when there is a decent concentration of IMAC fliers. I have had my fill of watching beat up old planes fly circles around the field. I would like to see some real flying.
Gregg28 is offline Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old 12-06-2007, 12:35 PM
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

No we don't have anything like that setup... it's pretty hard with 200 members to establish a set time.

Generally there are 2 of us that are there Sat / Sundays and practice on and off all day. I also fly 3D so I do like to work on that as well. During the summer I do try and get out randomly during the week when there are less people but it depends on my work schedule.

This year there 3 or 4 other members looking at doing it but I am not sure when they plan on starting. Are you a member of the club?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg28 View Post
Is there a particular time when IMAC people get together and parctice? Like do they tend to show up on Sunday mornings or Tuesday nights or something. It would be nice to get out there when there is a decent concentration of IMAC fliers. I have had my fill of watching beat up old planes fly circles around the field. I would like to see some real flying.
Greg,

If you want to ome up to Harrisburg Pa, whaturi and I can certainly work with you. One or both of us can certainly come down to Lums. It would be more me than whaturi in that case. He has a newborn and does not want to travel much for the time being
Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Hey guys,

Time is moving quickly... in an effort to make our first IMAC a success and do some planning I would appreciate if anyone planning on attending would pre-reg for me as early as possible. It will make things a bit easier and allow me to continue through the planning process.

We have 5 - 8 members of the club who are talking about doing their first IMAC there.. they are not aware of the pre-reg option yet but I will pass it on as well.

So far I have made some progress behind the scenes and I am personally looking forward to seeing everyone again!

To pre-reg the link is http://www.letsflyrc.com/imac/contests.asp just look under NE.

Thanks!

Are we there yet? Is it IMAC season yet?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Jake,

Do we need to introduce these members to the proper way to fly the sequences, i.e... give them some help for their first one???

Heck I pre-reg'd the day you anounced it
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Yeah actually there is a handful who have asked for some guidence. I have been working with one on the sim between drinking beers and 3Ding on the sim He just needs his new radio (ordering in the next couple of days) and we will get some time at the field.

I know Mark has offered to help some... if you are up for it would definately be a big help!

I have only flown the sportsman like 3 times on a real plane so far. Soon as the weather breaks I will be starting to trim my EF Extra and go to town on practice sessions.

Mark just emailed me about skipping work and flying tomorrow.. but I am swampped on my way out the door booked solid rest of the day and all day tomorrow

Maybe we can setup like a club IMAC training day or something... not to close the field or anything.. but just send out an announcement to everyone who is interested in trying IMAC that there will be 3 or 4 people at the field on whatevr day and are willing to help get them started?

Will talk soon!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

If you set that IMAC help day up, I'll certainly come down to impart my lack of knowledge on them By then I'll have done the judging stuff and it will still be fresh in my mind...
Old 02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Haha cool sounds like a plan!

I want some of my own private time as well with that lack of knowledge!

Quick Reply