Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by hpapilot
Wah wah wee wah!!
Greensboro, NC
Joined Mar 2006
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Are you saying that the control inputs are backwards to the norm----pull to go down and push to go up???
Basically, because you are essentially pushing the bar to shift your/the trike's weight under the wing. So, pushing forward shifts your weight back, causing it to pitch up. Pushing left shifts weight to the right, inducing right roll.

Does anyone have a Kitfox or Rans S-4/S-5 they want to trade for a 100cc plane?? I'll throw in some foamies!!

I have my license, but I've always wanted an ultralight to play around with. I have an old Eipper Formance hang glider, which was the basis for the Quicksilver MX... I keep saying one day when I find an engine, I'll build a fuselage and make something fun out of it.
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Basically, because you are essentially pushing the bar to shift your/the trike's weight under the wing. So, pushing forward shifts your weight back, causing it to pitch up. Pushing left shifts weight to the right, inducing right roll.

Does anyone have a Kitfox or Rans S-4/S-5 they want to trade for a 100cc plane?? I'll throw in some foamies!!

I have my license, but I've always wanted an ultralight to play around with. I have an old Eipper Formance hang glider, which was the basis for the Quicksilver MX... I keep saying one day when I find an engine, I'll build a fuselage and make something fun out of it.
I miss understood you, I did not know it was a weight shift set-up---my mistake.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
Well I bought an almost new Quicksilver Sprint, single place. It had about 5 hours on it and looks almost new. It took me quite a while to find a 2 place and intructor to get some transitional training but I have mine flying now. I have my Private License but it was good to get an hour or so in a 2 seat before flying mine.

I've flown mine now about 5 hours and it is a blast to fly. Low and slow is much more fun than the 152's and Piper Warriors I used to fly. Mine has a Rotax 503 and has an unbelievable climb rate.
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti
Last edited by aviti; 06-12-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by T_Simatovic
Team Horizon
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Jan 2010
3,889 Posts
AAAHHHH I want to get my hours in so bad! I forgot how much I love quicksilvers!!! Hoping to get the foamy biz going first before I make any purchases. I would love a 2 seater sprint. Cant take the girls up in a single seater
T_Simatovic is offline Find More Posts by T_Simatovic
Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Congrats on the buy, I've always loved the Quicksilver. It looks brand new in the pictures. I've always wanted a good RC model of the Quicksilver, at one time I think Hobby Lobby had one that looked pretty close to scale but they discontinued it. Then a couple years ago I saw a guy at Toledo that had some nice looking models including the Quicksilver and Weedhopper, I checked out his website not long after and he was still working on getting them ready for release but the website is gone and I haven't seen anything from him since. Godd luck and have fun with it!!

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 06-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Congrats on the buy, I've always loved the Quicksilver. It looks brand new in the pictures. I've always wanted a good RC model of the Quicksilver, at one time I think Hobby Lobby had one that looked pretty close to scale but they discontinued it. Then a couple years ago I saw a guy at Toledo that had some nice looking models including the Quicksilver and Weedhopper, I checked out his website not long after and he was still working on getting them ready for release but the website is gone and I haven't seen anything from him since. Godd luck and have fun with it!!

Lee
Thanks Lee. Cox had an RC ultralight many years ago. I think it is called a Sky Ralley or similar. They go for a lot of money if you find one new in the box on E-bay. It would be fun to scratch build a RC Quicksilver. You could use aluminum tubing just like the real ones.
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti

Quick Reply