Old 11-18-2020, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Ok here ya go
https://powerbox-americas.com/produc...5197d0f7&_ss=r

That manages up to 5 sensors but there's no limit to how many you can daisy chain.
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-19-2020, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
United States, FL, Odessa
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
So I like how simple the Core would be. If I go this route I would be looking at the following:

Core Radio $2500
Pioneer $199
PBR26D $89 (would need 2)
PBS-250 $45 (includes 2 temp sensors)
2 extra sensors $9 each
GPS3 $109

This combination would provide the power redundancy I’m accustomed to along with the enhanced telemetry requirement. Not sure if I would need a module to measure RPM from the ignition output?

Approx. all in cost would be $3150
GR8R8 is offline Find More Posts by GR8R8
Old 11-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
JETI
  • REX 12 receiver (has dipole antenna) for primary RX, with R3SW in the tail as redundant RX
  • XPS X24 expander - incorporates dual battery inputs plus 2 IBEC's - some would suggest one of the JETI Central Box units - X24 is just my own preference. It supports JETI EX BUS and accepts up to 4 redundant receivers.
  • (2) JETI MT300 EX Temp Sensor telemetry units - each unit monitors 2 cylinder temps up to 300 deg C. These plug into 2 ports on the primary RX if using X24 expander, or into the Central Box ports if going that route.
Optional: If you want to also monitor engine rpm, then add:
  • JETI E4 EX telemetry expander - adds 4 telemetry inputs - connect to REX12 receiver
  • JETI MRPM-Hall or MRPM-AC rpm sensor, depending upon your engine
Any reason for the REX12 and R3 as opposed to say 2x REX7?

I do like the wireless switch feature...
Old 11-19-2020, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,092 Posts
The REX12 has a dipole antenna which has supposedly better performance than regular antennas. I use a small, light one (R3) in the tail. But you can use 2 REX7's or EX7's if you like.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 11-20-2020, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
Is there a patent or something on the “Powersafe” receivers? All these TX’s are nice, but the receivers all seem 10 years obsolete with 5A limited “JR” connectors. The Jeti Powerbox 200 with Polyfuses is ridiculous. A Polyfuse is designed for a windshield wiper motor that gets frozen in ice. It has no place on any airplane.
Also, with the proliferation of CF airframes, spatial diversity on the Rx antennas is more important than ever, and it appears only Spektrum and Core offer that?
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 11-20-2020, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by FSki
United Kingdom, England, Newent
Joined Jan 2019
25 Posts
You can have additional satellite receivers with Jeti and if you are concerned about 2.4 GHz interference you can add a 900 mhz back up satellite too.

But in reality Jeti or Core they are both top end products so it would come down to what fits easier in the hand, programming interface and dealer support etc. plus budget. Both systems cater for large models with power expanders.

Powerbox do have a very neat 5 sensor temperature unit, the TBS250 whereas the Jeti one only has dual temperature sensors, but the Powerbox TBS250 does work on Jeti too!
FSki is offline Find More Posts by FSki
Old 11-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
Is there a patent or something on the “Powersafe” receivers? All these TX’s are nice, but the receivers all seem 10 years obsolete with 5A limited “JR” connectors. The Jeti Powerbox 200 with Polyfuses is ridiculous. A Polyfuse is designed for a windshield wiper motor that gets frozen in ice. It has no place on any airplane.
Also, with the proliferation of CF airframes, spatial diversity on the Rx antennas is more important than ever, and it appears only Spektrum and Core offer that?
All the above mentioned rx setups are fed by usually 16g wires through Multiplex connectors. Spektrum uses two of the same size wires but connected through iC3 connectors. I believe JR has something similar to the PowerSafe rx's.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 11-20-2020, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Ok, now that I have figured out that all of the Jeti receivers are 24 channel, I believe the following would be my setup:

DS-24 Carbon $2395
R12 REX $135
R3 REX-900 $79
R3 RSW (X2) $69 each
Central box 220 $255
PBS-250 $45
2 temp sensors $9 each

That’s a total of $3065

I do like the XPS-24, I will need to see if that makes more sense than a CB220.

Getting much closer to pulling the trigger. I will get the transmitters in my hands over the next few days to see what “fits” best.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:08 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
hehe I'll be surprised if you like the feel of a jeti versus the core but there's people that don't like chocolate ice cream so anything is possible
Old 11-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
All the above mentioned rx setups are fed by usually 16g wires through Multiplex connectors. Spektrum uses two of the same size wires but connected through iC3 connectors. I believe JR has something similar to the PowerSafe rx's.
That's good, because I see spikes of near 30 amps on a full throttle snap, and a couple of JR connectors are not rated for that. With individual servos drawing 6+ amps each (Savox 2290 @6.5 amps stall) now, it can over amp a Polyfuse as well. If you don't think it can happen, here is a 7955 on a 104 AJ Slick that was flown by a past IMAC W/C. It actually started on fire!
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
I had one of those smoke and flame on the rudder of my glider tug
Old 11-20-2020, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by MomoBrut
What? Lower? OK!
Czech Republic
Joined Jan 2006
928 Posts
This is a flight log of my EF Laser 104, just a training flight, nothing special. You can find every single snap I have made ...
The blue shows voltage, the red shows current and purple is depleted battery capacity. The current sensor measures the current to all servos used, 7 pieces of BlueBird BLS-H51B. The servo connector is a thing of the past.
MomoBrut is offline Find More Posts by MomoBrut
Old 11-20-2020, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8R8 View Post
Getting much closer to pulling the trigger. I will get the transmitters in my hands over the next few days to see what “fits” best.
Getting ahold of a Jeti should not be much of a problem, getting ahold of a Core may be a whole 'nother story; I waited a month for mine....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 11-20-2020, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,092 Posts
The JETI CB200 with the low polyfuse limit has been discontinued. They do offer JETI Central Boxes both with and without current limited ports now. The CB220 provides overload protection (polyfuse) and the CB210 does not. So if you think you might overload the CB220, the CB210 might be a better option. Ask Danny at AeroPanda. From the manual:
The Central Box 220 has 4 outputs for high-torque servos and 11 outputs for standard servos. Servo outputs for high-torque servos use resettable fuses with the hold current 6A and trip current 12A (20°C). The other servo outputs use resettable fuses with the hold current 2.6A and trip current 5A (20°C).
The XPS X24 has no fuses that limit power to each port, except, I believe, for the (2) IBEC ports which are limited to 3A. Each of the 2 inputs can handle 100 amps. The auto-balance feature for multiple servos on a single surface is really neat as it minimizes servo current draw throughout the entire surface deflection. The X24 also looks at all of the receivers connected to it (up to 4) and chooses the best link based on packet quality. I do like how much bang for the buck it provides, plus that it's pretty well thought out.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 11-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Getting ahold of a Jeti should not be much of a problem, getting ahold of a Core may be a whole 'nother story; I waited a month for mine....
Well, he could drive a couple hours then he could not only hold but fly mine. He could stop at FTE, grab some zap and hold Frank Tianos, he flys Powerbox and he's a lot closer than I am but if he's ever in or near Jax the offer is open

Quick Reply